“Great Stay for Wedding”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lakewood
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Great Stay for Wedding”
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Overall, our stay here was just fine. Room was comfortable for the two of us and well maintained the whole weekend. Staff at the front desk was great with any requests that we had.

We had a King room, which was pretty good size. It had a nice chair and ottoman to sit in while watching the flatscreen. Bathroom was your standard hotel bathroom and nothing special, but it got the job done.

It's a decent ways away from the beach and all (15-20 minutes), but there are a ton of places around there to eat and go to (mall, shops, etc). The breakfast buffet/cook to order is a little pricey, but that is just my opinion on it. We had breakfast at a diner down the road for about the same price as one of us having breakfast there.

I would stay there again for the same reason, but if really wanting to head to the beach, would get something closer.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Lakewood, New Jersey
Reviewed 3 October 2012

I checked into the hotel after a long, tiring trip. Jessica was so polite and welcoming. Our conversation led to the reason of my stay. I explained that I was on a two month assignment for work. She noticed that I was only scheduled to stay for two weeks and I shared that my company wants me to find a rental house or apartment for the remainder of my stay due to the costs comparrison. Jessica said that on her way home from work, she would drive by a safe area that she knows which has signs up for rental properties for off-season, and write down phone numbers. Tonight, I came in after a long day at work. I saw Jessica and didn't approach her because I didn't want her to feel bad if she didn't have time or didn't remember the numbers. Honestly, I didn't expect her to take her time after a evening shift to do such a favor. While I was walking by, she smiled and said, "Hi! I have those numbers for you!" I was shocked. That was definately above and beyond her job description. I know her bosses would have liked her to see me 6/7 more weeks of a hotel stay, but it is not an option. So her her assisting me find a safe area to stay alone in a rental property really made me feel welcome and appreciative. If you check in during the evening, ask for Jessica if you want service with a smile!

Room Tip: I don't think there are any bad rooms here. But if you want to be close to the exercise room, as...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Just great. People are so awesome. I just lov chating with them. After a hard day of working and coming back to Hilton gardens it's just so great great knowing that you are getting great service. Their great people who makes me feel at he while I'm away at work

• Stayed September 2012
Wood Ridge, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 September 2012

I am attending a function @ this Hilton, and the event planners provided confusing information. I decided to contact directly for clarification. I first dealt with an assistant manager, and then a senior manager. It's been a long time since I found people so well-spoken, well-informed, and anxious to resolve my issues. So much so, I wrote to their director to compliment him on a staff that really knows the meaning of the words "customer service." This is a rare commodity in today's world.

Elizabeth47

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Pasco, Washington
Reviewed 22 September 2012

The front desk staff, especially Karen, is so warm and helpful! We had an awful experience the night prior at a different hotel down the road. I phoned the Hilton in the morning, and told Karen how terrible our current hotel was, and she said to come on over - she had a room for us! Even thought it was only 10AM, Karen had housekeeping ready the room immediately so that we could check in way before the usual 3PM time. Karen even treated us to a wonderful breakfast! This hotel is clean, good smelling, roomy, bright, and a very happy place to be. This is the place to stay if you are coming to the Brick/Toms River/Lakewood area!

Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Osceola, Wisconsin
Reviewed 18 September 2012

I am part of a Fire truck company and i stayed here a year ago and remembered from last time how great this place was. I called for reservations and from that point on its been nothing but awesome service. All of there help including the room service was excelent. i have stayed at over 500 hotels in that lsat 3 years and this hotel has had some of the best service ever.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2012 via mobile

Overall the hotel is great. We had a personal issue in one of our rooms and we told the red-haired lady at the front desk. She gave us a look of disgust and proceeded to tell many other patrons of the hotel what our issue was. It made for a very uncomfortable experience and the
Red-haired lady had no business discussing our personal business. If she was working when you go here, I wouldn't say much in front of her.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Mitchy755
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakewood
Best Western Leisure Inn
Point Pleasant Manor
Point Pleasant Manor
#7 of 16 in Point Pleasant Beach
Hampton Inn Neptune/Wall

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood? Share your experiences!