“Best hotel in the area”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lakewood
California
“Best hotel in the area”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This is a well-kept professionally managed property, with an average level of service amenities. It is not a full-service hotel, having only a breakfast restaurant, no concierge staff, etc.. Rooms are clean and well kept. I have tried other hotels in the area, and always return to this one.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Jenny F, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear PeanutTree,

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are thrilled that you had an excellent stay and always return to the Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood when you are in the area. We greatly appreciate your review, and we all look forward to your next stay.

Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Washington, DC, United States
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I enjoyed my stay. The beds were a little firm for my taste but the appearance of the hotel lobby and the rooms was to my satisfaction. The price of the hotel one night stay was outrageous. I spent around $330 taxes included for one night with 3 guests in the room. I did not take advantage of the pool or food in the hotel. All in all for the location and compared to other hotels in the area, I cannot complain.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Jenny F, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Maiya C,

Thank you for the wonderful review of your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood! We are glad you enjoyed your accommodations. We appreciate all your feedback, and we hope you choose to stay with us again soon.

Atlanta, United States
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed there for a wedding this Memorial day weekend. Staff displayed a genuine interest and was extremely attentive and helpful upon checking us in. This was especially good after a long day of crappy air travel delays. Standard indoor pool, but my 2 yr old loved it. It was convenient to some amenities near by, plus the onsite bar was a huge convenience. Price was more than I thought it would be, but that might have to do with the location (close to the NJ Shore) and being Memorial Day Weekend.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Jenny F, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Michael F,

Thank you for the 5-star review! We are thrilled that you and your family had an excellent stay with us and enjoyed the amenities we have to offer. We greatly appreciate your review, and we hope you choose to stay with us again the next time you are in the area.

Lakewood, United States
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Average at best. Room was ok, but slow internet (unless you pay for a faster speed) and a pretty lame "happy hour" - just crackers and Kraft singles with a few black olives. No complimentary breakfast as in other Hilton properties ($9.95 for a bowl of oatmeal).

Dear Anthony L,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood. It is disappointing to hear that you did not completely enjoy your stay. We appreciate your feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve the customer experience. Thank you again for your review, and we hope you choose to stay with us again.

New York, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2014

When I reserved the room the morning of my arrival, I had requested a roll away bed for my daughter. The rollaway as written and emailed to me in my reservation. We arrived late at night and upon arrival I was informed that the hotel does not provide roll away beds for rooms that have two queen beds (even though it was written very clearly in my reservation that they would). I was shocked as I frequently stay at hotels and never had such a problem. I then requested a handicap accessible room or a junior suite which they told me were all booked for the night. Since I had no other options and was unwilling to look for another hotel so late at night, I had to drive my daughter to a friends house a half an hour away from the hotel (mind you, it was 1230 AM at this point) and put her to sleep over there. It was a terrible experience. Obviously the hotel is not family friendly and I would not recommend that anyone stay there with children.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Ft. Lauderdale, United States
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a nice clean place to stay right off the highway with a couple of restaurants (Ruby Tuesday, Longhorn Steakhouse) within walking distance (practically adjacent) of the hotel. The rooms are quiet although the hotel is close to the highway.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Jenny F, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Kathy C,

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are thrilled you had a great stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood and enjoyed your accommodations and convenient location. We greatly appreciate your review, and we hope you choose to stay with us again soon!

Roseland, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed here Sunday night, and the hotel was able to accommodate us considering it was the only hotel with some rooms left in the area. The staff was friendly and never once bothered us. The rooms were immaculate and the hotel area was five stars. There was breakfast in the morning from around 7 to 12, but I believe you had to pay for it (I could be wrong). There is an indoor pool and and a hot tub area near the lobby, lots of on-sight parking, vending and ice machines on the floors. The hotel is located right on route 70 near many restaurants and shops, and is close to the parkway, and about a 20-30 minute drive to the beach (seaside heights) There is a Ruby Tuesdays and a Longhorn in the same lot as the hotel, and right down the road there is a Christmas Tree Shop, a Dunkin Donuts, and some other places. If you're looking for a wonderfully clean and nice stay, look no further. This is one of the nicest hotels in the area! PS. beds are so comfy!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Jenny F, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Stephanie S,

Wow! Thank you so much for this wonderful review! We are happy to hear that you found the Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood's accommodations, amenities, convenient location, and outstanding staff to fit all your needs perfectly. We greatly appreciate your review and your recommendation to other travelers. Thanks again, and we hope to see you again soon!

Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakewood
Best Western Leisure Inn
Hampton Inn Neptune/Wall
Point Pleasant Manor
Point Pleasant Manor
#7 of 16 in Point Pleasant Beach

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood? Share your experiences!