I have stayed at this property twice in two weeks...let me review both stays:
Three nights, great experience. The hotel is brand new in a big box store area outside of Asbury Park where I was working on an assignment for work. My wife traveled with me and stayed at the hotel and worked on her own assignments. It worked out great as we had a two room suite for the first two nights...we extended for a third night and they could not accomodate us so we downgraded to a one room due to availability. We arrived to a great hilton honors goodie bag and a fun room with alot of space. The bed was a bit firm, but again, new. My wife and I spent alot of time in the business center, the best part of these Garden Inns. There was also a pool which was nice, but we didn't use it. It is on the same walkway as a Ruby Tuesday, Starbucks and Longhorns Steak house. That made food very easy for my wife, who was stranded with no car. We also got the Longhorns room service every night! So good (but pricey at $90 for two!). Overall, a pleasing experience for a jersey off ramp.
OK, a few days later I make a one night reservation for an emergency meeting to firm up business plans. We show up at the hotel and we need to check in ASAP as I need to drop my wife and luggage to get to a meeting. I check in, as usual...but on my way out the door the woman at the desk YELLS "One Minute MR X!!!!". It seems my credit card didn't work on swipe due to fraud...so, being my only card for business, I say "I need to get moving, can we deal with this later, Ill pay with cash?". She, in front of a good dozen people in the lobby and my wife with a cart full of luggage and a card for the door in her hand, tells me that they cannot give me the room for the night due to my credit problems!!!! After I was recognized by the four women at the desk as a long term business customer. I ask, in front of a crowd, to allow us to check in with cash so I can get to my meeting and I am DENIED ENTRY even though I reserved with a card. So my wife stays behind and spends TWO HOURS dealing with the issue of getting the card ironed out and finally getting a family member to fax another card from our home. This was a humiliating experience where once there is a problem, the people at the desk became hostile and aggressive. I will not stay here again due to this embarrassment. In fact, I went the next night to the Colts Neck Inn and made a one month long term stay agreement in response! So avoid this seemingly nice property...they even held back the goodie bag this time due to the issue. To take the cake, the people started being nice again...but only once they got a load of my work credentials from my distraught wife!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The brand new Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood – conveniently located near Exit 88 of the Garden State Parkway on Route 70 – features an indoor pool, state-of-the-art fitness center, and 24-hour business center. Premier guest room amenities include 32” LCD TVs, generous work desks with ergonomic Herman Miller chairs, and self-adjusting beds. Enjoy a brand new Ruby Tuesday restaurant, LongHorn Steakhouse® and Starbucks® next door. Complimentary WiFi access is available throughout the hotel. Guests must be 21 years of age or older to check in (some exceptions apply). Valid photo ID and credit card required at check in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood Hotel Lakewood
- Lakewood Hilton Garden Inn