“A great place to stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood

Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lakewood
new jersey
“A great place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2009

This Hotel is one of the friendliest places I have ever visited. The moment I approached the front desk, I felt welcomed. I have done alot of traveling over the years and would highly recommed the Hilton Garden to my friends and family. I went in for a tour of the hotel because I have alot of family visiting the area and I wanted a nice place for them to stay. The tour was very informative and I left there with a smile on my face and a homemade cookie in my hand. The staff of the Hilton Garden Inn are very gracious and helpful.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Wilkes Barre
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2009

I have stayed at this property twice in two weeks...let me review both stays:

Stay 1:
Three nights, great experience. The hotel is brand new in a big box store area outside of Asbury Park where I was working on an assignment for work. My wife traveled with me and stayed at the hotel and worked on her own assignments. It worked out great as we had a two room suite for the first two nights...we extended for a third night and they could not accomodate us so we downgraded to a one room due to availability. We arrived to a great hilton honors goodie bag and a fun room with alot of space. The bed was a bit firm, but again, new. My wife and I spent alot of time in the business center, the best part of these Garden Inns. There was also a pool which was nice, but we didn't use it. It is on the same walkway as a Ruby Tuesday, Starbucks and Longhorns Steak house. That made food very easy for my wife, who was stranded with no car. We also got the Longhorns room service every night! So good (but pricey at $90 for two!). Overall, a pleasing experience for a jersey off ramp.

Stay 2:

OK, a few days later I make a one night reservation for an emergency meeting to firm up business plans. We show up at the hotel and we need to check in ASAP as I need to drop my wife and luggage to get to a meeting. I check in, as usual...but on my way out the door the woman at the desk YELLS "One Minute MR X!!!!". It seems my credit card didn't work on swipe due to fraud...so, being my only card for business, I say "I need to get moving, can we deal with this later, Ill pay with cash?". She, in front of a good dozen people in the lobby and my wife with a cart full of luggage and a card for the door in her hand, tells me that they cannot give me the room for the night due to my credit problems!!!! After I was recognized by the four women at the desk as a long term business customer. I ask, in front of a crowd, to allow us to check in with cash so I can get to my meeting and I am DENIED ENTRY even though I reserved with a card. So my wife stays behind and spends TWO HOURS dealing with the issue of getting the card ironed out and finally getting a family member to fax another card from our home. This was a humiliating experience where once there is a problem, the people at the desk became hostile and aggressive. I will not stay here again due to this embarrassment. In fact, I went the next night to the Colts Neck Inn and made a one month long term stay agreement in response! So avoid this seemingly nice property...they even held back the goodie bag this time due to the issue. To take the cake, the people started being nice again...but only once they got a load of my work credentials from my distraught wife!!!!

• Liked — Business Center
  • Disliked — Desk Staff Humiliation
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2009

This hotel is brand spanking new and is in a very convenient location close to many major highways, restaurants, and stores. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful.

The suites are definitely worth the extra few dollars, so upgrade if you can. We also greatly appreciated the special gifts given to Hilton Honors members.

We love Hilton Garden Inns, and I can truly say this is one of the best we've experienced.

• Liked — Everything.
  • Disliked — Buffet breakfast a bit overpriced.
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
JerseyGirl166, Marketing Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood, responded to this review, 14 January 2009
The management of the Hilton Garden Inn of Lakewood would like to thank you for your kind words. Since we opened our doors in September 2008, we have been very gratified by the positive response of our guests. As you noted, we are located right off of the Garden State Parkway at Exit 88. We are also pleased to have a new Ruby Tuesday Restaurant, new LongHorn Steakhouse and a new Starbucks right next door. We hope that you will return soon, and we pledge to continue to provide you with the best in service and hospitality!
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2008

This was our second stay to the Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood - we stayed there one other time on the first night it opened. We love it! Everything is brand new, service is fabulous, hotel is very quiet, breakfast is great, there are carts at door, parking is easy, everything is really great! If you are in the Lakewood area - stay at the Hilton Garden Inn!

• Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakewood
BEST WESTERN Leisure Inn
Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Toms River
Radisson Hotel Freehold
Radisson Hotel Freehold
#1 of 2 in Freehold

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood? Share your experiences!