“They make you feel like your HOME !!!”

Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lakewood
Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina
“They make you feel like your HOME !!!”
Reviewed 1 July 2009

My wife & I stayed at this property once before, and we loved it then, well its gotten better, faster checkin and friendly service which can't be beat. We arrived to see our friends desk clerks Karen & James who remembered us from our previous stay in Feb.
We had trouble booking on the Hilton website, so I called the Hotel direct, and believe it or not the Manager answered the phone and made my reservations very quickly and told me which nights were quieter for our relaxing stay..Breakfast was very good and the property was spotless..I highly reccommend this Hilton property which is about 7 miles from the beach and boardwalk of Seaside Heights.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
florida
Reviewed 10 May 2009

I wanted to take the time to comment on "THE BEST HOTEL STAY WE HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED"!!! Our trip started off very bumpey from Florida. We had a 7 hour delay, no car rental waiting for us as planned, so we were exhausted when arriving at the Hilton Garden in Lakewood, NJ. Upon arriving we were greeted by the friendliest front desk staff I have ever met in all my years of traveling, both for pleasure and business.My family (all ten of us), were totally entertained by Karen, Nancy and Camilla. They were very professional, personable and a true comedy team. We arrived in the area to attend a family wedding, however, the other 4 nights we were looking for restaurants to continue the celebration. Karen made suggestions and went as far to book us reservations at each and every one of them every night with printed directions to follow. What service! On the third night we had trouble getting our tv to work in our suite, so when I called the front desk they said they would send someone right up to correct the problem. Two minutes later someone was knocking on the door saying"TV repairman", we opened the door to find Karen from the front desk with a baseball hat on. SHE HAD OUR TV WORKING IN 30 SECS. Again, what service. Camilla keep the bar opened at night so we could all get together. They always had a smile on their faces and extended themselves way beyond the norm. We will always have very fond memories of the Hilton Garden and their staff and plan to return in the Fall for yet another Family wedding. We can't wait to spend another 4 days at your Hotel.
Thanks to ALL... The K Family

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
New York, NY
Reviewed 5 May 2009

I stay at this hotel aprox. every two weeks. Always a perfect, superb experience. Far better than anything else in the area. Super friendly staff at front desk

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 March 2009

We stayed one night while we were visiting friends in the area. The room was very clean and there was a fridge and a microwave which we used even though we only stayed for one night! The front desk staff was extremely helpful and provided detailed directions to some local food stores. The hotel was very cosy and quiet despite the location. We will stay here again when we are in the area.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
new jersey
Reviewed 13 February 2009

This Hotel is one of the friendliest places I have ever visited. The moment I approached the front desk, I felt welcomed. I have done alot of traveling over the years and would highly recommed the Hilton Garden to my friends and family. I went in for a tour of the hotel because I have alot of family visiting the area and I wanted a nice place for them to stay. The tour was very informative and I left there with a smile on my face and a homemade cookie in my hand. The staff of the Hilton Garden Inn are very gracious and helpful.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled with friends
Wilkes Barre
Reviewed 31 January 2009

I have stayed at this property twice in two weeks...let me review both stays:

Stay 1:
Three nights, great experience. The hotel is brand new in a big box store area outside of Asbury Park where I was working on an assignment for work. My wife traveled with me and stayed at the hotel and worked on her own assignments. It worked out great as we had a two room suite for the first two nights...we extended for a third night and they could not accomodate us so we downgraded to a one room due to availability. We arrived to a great hilton honors goodie bag and a fun room with alot of space. The bed was a bit firm, but again, new. My wife and I spent alot of time in the business center, the best part of these Garden Inns. There was also a pool which was nice, but we didn't use it. It is on the same walkway as a Ruby Tuesday, Starbucks and Longhorns Steak house. That made food very easy for my wife, who was stranded with no car. We also got the Longhorns room service every night! So good (but pricey at $90 for two!). Overall, a pleasing experience for a jersey off ramp.

Stay 2:

OK, a few days later I make a one night reservation for an emergency meeting to firm up business plans. We show up at the hotel and we need to check in ASAP as I need to drop my wife and luggage to get to a meeting. I check in, as usual...but on my way out the door the woman at the desk YELLS "One Minute MR X!!!!". It seems my credit card didn't work on swipe due to fraud...so, being my only card for business, I say "I need to get moving, can we deal with this later, Ill pay with cash?". She, in front of a good dozen people in the lobby and my wife with a cart full of luggage and a card for the door in her hand, tells me that they cannot give me the room for the night due to my credit problems!!!! After I was recognized by the four women at the desk as a long term business customer. I ask, in front of a crowd, to allow us to check in with cash so I can get to my meeting and I am DENIED ENTRY even though I reserved with a card. So my wife stays behind and spends TWO HOURS dealing with the issue of getting the card ironed out and finally getting a family member to fax another card from our home. This was a humiliating experience where once there is a problem, the people at the desk became hostile and aggressive. I will not stay here again due to this embarrassment. In fact, I went the next night to the Colts Neck Inn and made a one month long term stay agreement in response! So avoid this seemingly nice property...they even held back the goodie bag this time due to the issue. To take the cake, the people started being nice again...but only once they got a load of my work credentials from my distraught wife!!!!

• Liked — Business Center
  • Disliked — Desk Staff Humiliation
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Virginia
Reviewed 6 January 2009

This hotel is brand spanking new and is in a very convenient location close to many major highways, restaurants, and stores. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful.

The suites are definitely worth the extra few dollars, so upgrade if you can. We also greatly appreciated the special gifts given to Hilton Honors members.

We love Hilton Garden Inns, and I can truly say this is one of the best we've experienced.

• Liked — Everything.
  • Disliked — Buffet breakfast a bit overpriced.
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
JerseyGirl166, Marketing Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood, responded to this review, 14 January 2009
The management of the Hilton Garden Inn of Lakewood would like to thank you for your kind words. Since we opened our doors in September 2008, we have been very gratified by the positive response of our guests. As you noted, we are located right off of the Garden State Parkway at Exit 88. We are also pleased to have a new Ruby Tuesday Restaurant, new LongHorn Steakhouse and a new Starbucks right next door. We hope that you will return soon, and we pledge to continue to provide you with the best in service and hospitality!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakewood
Best Western Leisure Inn
Point Pleasant Manor
Point Pleasant Manor
#7 of 16 in Point Pleasant Beach
Hampton Inn Neptune/Wall

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood? Share your experiences!