“Happy with our stay”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Lakewood
Long Valley, New Jersey
“Happy with our stay”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel to go see the Lakewood Blue Claws play. Our room was nice, breakfast was included and we had a nice time. The hotel was alittle older, but the price was right. We would stay her again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
bw31015, Manager at BEST WESTERN Leisure Inn, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Hello Kim H,
Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. We value your kind feedback. Thank you for choosing the Best Western Leisure Inn Lakewood.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Bronx, New York, United States
Reviewed 20 August 2013

My boyfriend and I went to Asbury Park NJ for a concert on 8/10/13. After looking at many hotels there and seeing their prices I suggested that we drive 15 minutes away to Lakewood for the night. My exact words were "I always stay at Best Westerns for a concert. They never disappointment and you cant go wrong with the price". We are from the Bronx and travel at least twice a month out of state for concerts.

Well, I dont even know where to begin. I want to start off by saying that I go to Heavy Metal concerts. In no way am I looking for a Ritz. All I want is a place to rest my head in case I drink too much. I was disgusted from the minute we opened the entrance door to the stairway when going to our room. The outdated rugs didnt bother me. What did bother me was how dirty these rugs are and the UNBEARABLE cigarette smell lingering in the halls. PS I'm a former smoker. Ive never smelled anything so disgusting. When we called to book the reservation we did ask for non-smoking rooms. When we walked into the room the cigarette smell was 10 times worse. The bathroom had not been thoroughly cleaned and I wouldnt even think about sleeping in that bed.

HERE'S THE BEST PART -> When we called the front desk and told them that we requested a non-smoking room we were told that it wasnt reserved that way. Since we forgot the name of the person we booked with they could not "accomodate us". When we complained about that god awful stench we were told we could either "GET FEBREEZE or CHECK OUT". Are you kidding me? Get Febreeze. Needless to say, after many phone calls to hotels in the area, we found a room at the HILTON GARDEN INN down the street. It was a palace compared to this trainwreck. They were kind, courteous and clean. They even said they were embarassed for the person working the front desk at Best Western bc she handled the situation so poorly.

STAY AWAY unless you want to sleep in a smelly room that hasnt been cleaned properly!

3 Thank Raylynn O
bw31015, Manager at BEST WESTERN Leisure Inn, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Dear Raylynn O,
Thank you for taking the time to post your experience on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to hear your stay was not quite what you expected Our staff works hard to provide clean and comfortable rooms. It appears we did not meet that expectation for you.

We will be remodeling in the calendar year, and we will have certain hallways designated to smokers. We hope to have another opportunity to show the quality room and stay you deserve the next time you visit the area.

Travellers are raving about these Lakewood hotels

Reviewed 19 August 2013

We drove up from S.C. to a wedding that was being held at the Vanity Fair . The wk end of July 27th . Krauss wedding. Upon check in at 3pm went to our room first thing that was disgusting was the smell of mold / damp feeling in the room. My daughter was in the next room over her room was worse . Carpets were wet & damp smelling like mold . Called front desk they said they didnt have anymore rooms so they put us on 2nd floor. In smoking rooms that room wasnt much better . Had to call front desk for maint. To come put the toilet seat on the toilet an tighten it. Front desk said had no maint so the girl from fr desk will come do it . While in the bathroom there was a black ring around the tub I showed it to the clerk , where I then took a piece of toilet paper to wipe it to show her how dirty it was . Getting ready for a wedding we were greatly inconvenienced. As I go to iron my husbands $40 dress shirt the iron was completly burned up. Had to call front desk for a replacement. And if that wasnt enough Brown water in toilet,tub,sink . $163.00 for this . At Check out there wasnt no mention of how was your stay, was everything ok NOTHING ! Only when I said something did they give back $45 . Very disgusted :( kperez2988@gmail.com

• Stayed July 2013
West Orange, New Jersey
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Tiny pillows, broken lamps, missing bulbs, crummy towels, greasy furniture, dirty floor, terrible odor, loud maids in the hallway early on a Sunday morning and a queue to find a seat in a tiny dining area for breakfast adds up to a lousy experience. After I checked out someone in parking lot complained of bugs.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Rob07052
bw31015, Manager at BEST WESTERN Leisure Inn, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Dear Rob07052,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your most recent stay with us. I was sorry to learn your stay with us failed to meet your expectation and that you feel the hotel is not worth returning too. We will be renovating in the calendar year. We do hope you will re-consider returning and giving us the opportunit to restore your faith in the Best Western Lakewood.
Scranton, PA, USA
Reviewed 17 August 2013

This hotel has high and low points for you to consider. On the plus side, it has ample sized rooms, clean and comfortable bedding, modern flat-screened TV, good Wi-Fi service, refrigerator, microwave, a well-stocked continental breakfast and a very welcoming and accommodating staff. In other words all the essentials are there.

On the negative side, it is a bit hard to access from Rt. 70 as this is a high traffic area with limited turn options. You may find yourself enjoying a few Jersey jug-handles before arrival. This is a problem because the map location on the BW site shows the hotel east of the GSP on the north side of Rt. 70. The actual location is opposite (west of the GSP, and south of Rt. 70.

During our stay, they were having problems with the electronic keys, but I'm sure they will work that out. The wait for hot water was very long, probably owing to an old plumbing system, but it was more than adequate when it arrived. The halls and stairwells are rather shop-worn, with tape on many stairs (trip hazard?) and if space permitted, a little more room for the breakfast area would help.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
bw31015, Manager at BEST WESTERN Leisure Inn, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Dear LFA,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us in Lakewood. We are glad to hear you were happy with your room, breakfast and our staff.

I am sorry that you had difficulty with the directions and the key locks.I checked the BW web site and the directions are accurate. We just had all new key locks replaced and we will be renovating in the calendar year.

We really appreciate your feedback and business.
Long Branch, New Jersey
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Older motel, room appeared clean, no hot water in bathroom sink, towels were very thin and smaller than I am used to in a pricy motel, three tissues in the box. Hallways had the odor of smoke. Outdoor pool very small, caused me to wonder why the water was an artificial blue color. Overall I just wanted to leave this establishment, but we went to a wedding at the Vanity Fair.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
bw31015, Manager at BEST WESTERN Leisure Inn, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Dear 840BJB2013,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay with us. I was sorry to learn your stay with us failed to meet your expectation.

We will be renovating our hotel by year end, and we will have certain hallways designated to smokers.

We do hope to have another opportunity to show the quality room and stay you deserve the next time you visit the area.
Romulus, United States
Reviewed 14 August 2013

The first hotel room had ants. The second room had the odor of insect repellent permeating the a/c vents. The mattress was so hard that I had hip pain every morning. There was a lack of security - a chain lock that connected to Nothing! Although I stayed 4 nights, I could not get a receipt at checkout because 2 of the 4 were "free" nights!!!!! We visit this area yearly for a week's stay, but will be searching another hotel chain for the future.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Nancy L.
Thank you for taking the time to post your experience on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to hear your stay was not quite what you expected. Our staff works hard to provide clean and comfortable rooms. It appears we did not meet that expectation for you.

The General Manager will be in contact with you to discuss your stay in more detail.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakewood
Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood
Point Pleasant Manor
#6 of 16 in Point Pleasant Beach
Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Toms River
Howard Johnson Hotel - Toms River

Been to BEST WESTERN Leisure Inn? Share your experiences!