“Best Western Stay in Lakewood New Jersey”

Best Western Leisure Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Lakewood
Naples, Florida
“Best Western Stay in Lakewood New Jersey”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Like the work done to rehab the hotel...staff great. This hotel is close to shopping restaurants and great points of interest. Would return when visiting family in this area. We were traveling with a 18month old and the room was big enough for our travel crib for our child. The breakfast was great also

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

James J, General Manager at Best Western Leisure Inn, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you for your positive comments. We strive to deliver exceptional guest service and accommodations. We look forward to continue serving you and your family and we appreciate the recommendation to friends and family members. I look forward to seeing you and your family on your next visit with us.

Jim Jabara

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Haifa, Israel
Reviewed 26 May 2014

During the last 4 years I'm using BW Leisure Inn few times a year when I'm on business in Lakewood N.J. The great thing about this hotel is the front desk manager Carlos Pacheco. I always arrive to this hotel very early in the morning, exhausted, after a very long overseas flight and a long drive. Carlos is always willing to accommodate us although the time is very early. He is very polite and efficient and willing to assist and meet our requests.
The hotel is currently under major renovation and really looks great. Everything is new and very modern and welcoming. We had a renovated room which was just great. Even the towels are thick and soft.
The breakfast is the usual breakfast that you will get elsewhere. However, their selection of bagels, breads and pastries is the best.
People, many times, are looking for negative issues which can always can be found; I think that we shouldn't take everything for granted and we should show appreciation when it is in order. I hope that we will find in every hotel, people like Carlos, caring and understanding, that makes your stay a very enjoyable and comfort.
I strongly recommend this hotel for every purpose business or leisure.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Dr S
James J, General Manager at Best Western Leisure Inn, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Dr.S, Thank-you so much for the kind words regarding Carlos and our Hotel. We are delighted to be just about completed with our remodeling and we now are a 100% Smoke-Free environment. As pleased as we are with our renovation if it were not for the efforts of Carlos and our Front Desk staff we would simply be another Hotel with nice rooms. Again thank you for gracious comments and we look forward to your next visit.
Toms River, New Jersey
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I had problems at my home and needed shelter for 2 nights. This Best Western was the last hotel available in the area due to weddings, proms and graduations The room smelt like a smoking convention was held there. It stunk. But I had just driven 1700 miles and needed some rest I will never go back to this hotel and do not recommend it to anyone

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

James J, General Manager at Best Western Leisure Inn, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear chefmip, I truly apologize for the Smoking room issue you encountered.The truth is we are on the last phase of a room remodeling project which is turning the hotel into a 100% Smoke- free facility. Unfortunately, you were in the one corridor that hasn't been remodeled and actually is going out of service Memorial Day Monday so the entire property will be completed as Smoke-free. As you noted due to high occupancy we couldn't provide you with one of our new non-smoking rooms. I understand that you are less then satisfied with us but I would appreciate the opportunity to accommodate you again and show you our new product. I hope you will take me up on this offer.

Travellers are raving about these Lakewood hotels

NJ
Reviewed 12 May 2014

As a hotelier, I truly find it a pleasure to stay at a hotel that is exceeding expectations. The staff is extremely gracious and accommodates all requests. I stayed in a newly renovated suite, and it was a truly enjoyable experience. The jaccuzzi in the room was an added plus, the new bedding was so comfortable, and the attention to detail with the paintings and flowers made my stay exceptional. I would recommend this hotel to anyone either business or pleasure. Again a rare find in services and hospitality.

Room Tip: any of the rooms are lovely and I personally like the first floor due to convenience if you have a c...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
James J, General Manager at Best Western Leisure Inn, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear CynthiaNJ, Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very pleased to be on the last phase of our room remodeling. So far everyone seems pleased with our new product which is exactly what we were hoping for. We plan on doing some additional remodeling in our lobby area as well as to the exterior of the building. I hope you will have the opportunity to visit again in the near future and see these improvements as well. Again thank you for the kind words.
Flushing,NY
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We arrived in the hopes of having a comfortable night in a clean hotel the night before a family funeral,
I can appreciate hotel renovations.Our first sight was an exit door propped open with a piece of wood for a construction crew that left hours ago. no elevator which made it tough to carry sleeping grandchildren and bags to our rooms. The hallsways were filthy from the construction and smelled of cigarette smoke.
At the continental breakfast the tables were filty and the construction crew took over most of the breakfast room andwere eating there.We were fearful when one of the workers got into a shouting match with the front desk. We were afraid to pass them to get away with our small grandchildren.
But the final thing,which grossed us out completely was when we were straightening out the bed in which our grandchildren slept...We discovered a dirty used tampon in the sheets.Obviously the sheets on the bed are not changed,We advised the front desk what had happened and all he could say is that he would bring it to the managers attention

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MoMc
James J, General Manager at Best Western Leisure Inn, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear MoMc, I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. Posted at the Front Desk is a 3 foot sign indicating that the hotel is in fact under construction. Additionally, the entire section of the building in which they are working is locked off to avoid any guest from wandering into the construction area. There are signs of similar size to that at the Front Desk in the effected hallways announcing the construction. As to the used tampon which you casually mentioned to my Front Desk manager upon check out he immediately went to your room to investigate.The room had not been serviced so he and a Housekeeping supervisor proceeded to check the entire room for the tampon and found none!
Brunswick, United States
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Nice facility, but what most impressed me was the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. "Continental" breakfast was more than that. Coffee was fabulous. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat. Easy on and off the Garden State Parkway, too.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Claire G, Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I hope you will have the opportunity to stay with us again once our Room project is completed. I believe you will be even more pleased. Thanks again for the kind words.
Niantic, Connecticut
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Nothing special here, but nothing really bad either... Older building, last renovation I would guess was maybe 5 years ago. Threadbare carpet along the threshold to the bathroom, one of my pet peeves. Room was a good size and very clean. HVAC worked well but did not have a constant-on setting, which I prefer for white noise that blocks out hotel noise. Good water pressure. Strong, fast wifi signal. Mini-fridge and microwave. Hotel is close enough to the Garden State Parkway that I could see it from my window, but not so close that I could hear it. Breakfast was just OK, most Best Westerns offer scrambled eggs and a warm meat but this one did not. Front desk staff was very friendly, which was much appreciated since I arrived during the middle of a snow apocolypse.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
James J, General Manager at Best Western Leisure Inn, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Dear Matt, Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.It sounds like you were mostly pleased with your visit and our staff and that's always good to hear.I would like you to know I also took note of your room observations and I am very pleased to inform you that a complete room renovation is under way.Aside from the obvious plus of brand new rooms we are especially pleased that this remodeling gives us the opportunity to convert the hotel to a 100% smoke free enviroment.I hope you will be able to stay with us again and see the new rooms.We are projecting a finish date of June 2014.Again thank you for your comments.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakewood
Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood
Point Pleasant Manor
Point Pleasant Manor
#8 of 16 in Point Pleasant Beach
Howard Johnson Hotel - Toms River

Been to Best Western Leisure Inn? Share your experiences!