“A Warm Place On A Cool Night”
Review of The Boat House

The Boat House
Ranked #11 of 48 Restaurants in Lambertville
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 5 November 2013

To clear up any misconception, The Boat House is NOT a restaurant. It is, however, one of the finest bars in the area, and is a short walk across a beautiful courtyard from an excellent restaurant. As required by law, you can get "food" (pretzels) if you insist, but you'll want to admire the quality of the drinks and the surroundings and ignore everything else.

The Boat House inhabits an attractive building and part of a courtyard that includes a restaurant, an art gallery and a few shops. The whole place is called The Pork Yard, a nod to the use the place had many years ago as a slaughterhouse and processor. These days, it's a grand place to relax and enjoy yourself. The bartenders at the boathouse are excellent (the place is tiny, so there's only one bartender on duty at a time), but from my perspective, they mix the best margaritas in the area. Get a nice glass of wine if you want, a martini or a cosmo. But the margarita is the masterpiece at The Boat House.

The building has two tiny floors, with the bar and a seating area downstairs and a slightly larger and more comfortable seating area upstairs. The place is decorated with the owners' collection of nautical memorabilia: pennants and posters and paintings, trophies and books related to water sports. For those with mobility problems, the only rest room is upstairs and there is no elevator. When the weather allows, there is also a very nice covered seating area outdoors adjacent to the courtyard.

You probably won't be shown the door, but the staff is very mindful about laws regarding how much they can serve you. If they cut you off after a couple of potent libations, take a walk and find a nice restaurant where you can get ready for the drive home.

1  Thank 44ChrisB

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Just wanted to give a great big thanks to the wonderful staff at the Boat House for going above and beyond to help some middle aged ladies who may have had just a tad too much to drink! A group of us celebrate our college friendship annually and decided to go to Lambertville this year. We were staying at a local B & B nearby (over a mile a way) and took a taxi into Lambertville for dinner and a drink at the Boathouse - a few bottles of wine later we hit the Boathouse for a nightcap. When we called for the taxi, we were told that they wouldn't come back "over the river" from PA to bring us back. Well, needless to say, we were desperate...we were all dressed up - including high heels and it was close to midnight with our B & B being a long way away in the dark, up a steep hill, with no sidewalks!
The wonderful staff found us a ride and came to our rescue...
Thank you Boat House for being our life savers...

Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

My husband and I go to New Hope every year in September with our friends for their anniversary. We always stay at the beautiful Lambertville House. We dine at the Hamilton Grill, one night , and Marsha Brown the other night. Two wonderful restauraunts! We always stop at the Boathouse for a drink before dinner at the Hamilton Grill because it is right across the street. Every year, our entire group always has a bad drink, but we still go because it is convenient, and it is a very beautiful bar. Last night, I ordered a lemon drop martini, I usually have a Cosmo, but I remember it being terrible last year, thought I would try something different. Well, my martini was like drinking poison. I kindly asked the server if I could have something else. She was unbelievable! She went on to tell me that the martini I ordered was so expensive.... Noone ever returns martinis here..... She was the rudest server I ever had in my life. To be honest, she really ruined my night out because I flipped on her! Not the norm for me at all! I don't understand why she was so miserable, her tips are based on service, and she obviously should find another job working by herself! Oh well, she is mean! We will never go back again. Lg.

5  Thank Sophia2469
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I agree with all the reviews! It was a great treasure to find. Our bartender made an exceptional chilled Gin Martini! Perfect place for a pre dinner Cocktail.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Great hidden gem. Small and amazing must see bar. Well hidden and I believe they want it that way!! :)