“Excellent experience! Felt right at home!”

Chimney Hill Estate & Ol' Barn Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Lambertville B&B and Inns
Princeton, New Jersey
“Excellent experience! Felt right at home!”
Reviewed 12 March 2013

I fell in love with the Chimney Hill Estate Inn. My husband and I spent two nights here for my 40th birthday and got a great groupon deal. The renaissance room was decorated very nicely and everything was clean and neat. We received a big map(with notes!), $50 food voucher for Antons (great food), alpaca feed and a welcome bottle of wine! Terry was the sweetest person and assisted us wherever she could. The livingroom in the main house was warm and cozy and the perfect spot to unwind with our friends! Breakfast was homemade and wonderful! Service was excellent.
It had snowed on the morning that we checked in and the Inn looked like something out of a fairy tale. The alpacas were adorable. Thank goodness there was no spitting!! Ha Ha Ha
The only drawback is the fact that there are no taxis that will cross over from New Hope to lambertville and visa versa. Not sure what spawned that but make sure you have a designated driver if you plan on indulging!
My friends and husband and I are making plans to go back at least once to twice a year! Thanks so much Terry for a memorable weekend!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Tammieoneill

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 5 March 2013

This was our second time staying at the Chimney Hill Estate and we remembered why we liked it so much the first time and wanted to come back. The rooms are wonderfully decorated and make you feel right at home. Terry and the staff make your stay extremely enjoyable and really try to help you find local places and experiences that you are interested in.

The breakfast is always delicious and not boring. Each morning we were greated with wonderful smells and great food combinations - healthy and delicious!

The Inn also has a working alpaca farm and getting to visit and feed the alpaca's is so much fun, but stay clear of their "sneezing"!

We will definately be back very soon!

Room Tip: All rooms are unique - check out the website to see various styles, if you want some real privacy an...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 January 2013

Stayed for 2 nights in a barn suite when the temperature outside was in the teens. While driving there I was very concerned that our suite would not have suffient heat during this cold winter nights. Although we had plenty of warm heat, the warm air blew directly at our head and body while laying in bed which made it uncomfortably warm and over heated. We actually had to turn the heat off and sleep with an extra blanket. The barn suite is a nice size but very much outdated with need of a freshing up. The bed linens were rough and towels were small and few. The main house was lovely although I did not see the guest rooms. Lambertville is a very nice town, quaint and charming. The Inn is a short drive into town. One might want to stay at an Inn in town so that no car is needed and restaurants are all in walking distance.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank enjoysbeach
Canadensis, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I arrived at The Chimney Hill Estate Inn on New Year’s Day, after a week with my family and friends in nearby Washington Crossing, PA and New Hope, PA. After 10 days with friends and I realized why grown-ups have their own houses. We all love each other but you know the saying about friends and fish.

I needed to stay in the area for a few weeks more for business, so made arrangements with the owners, Terry and Rich to stay in their lovely inn until they got sick of me as well. Thankfully, they were more tolerant than my family and oldest friends. Just Kidding!!! I know the Bucks County and surrounding areas well but did not know much about the Chimney Hill Inn.

The inn is lovely, and Terry and Rich Anderson could not have been more gracious in providing hospitality to a weary traveler. A month away from home is a long time, but I must say, time passes quickly when surrounded by nice staff and beautiful accommodations. The room I called home was approximately 16" X 16"; it was located on a prominent corner of this stately inn on the 2nd floor over of the beamed stone study. My room had 6 windows so it was bright, it had a four poster king bead, with a very substantial and comfortable mattress, cozy bed clothes and comforter. I was in my room a great deal working on my computer, so the high speed internet access was important to me.

I did not have much time to socialize with the alpacas, but I know there were out on the back 40 somewhere. There are lots of things to do in the area, and the Chimney Hill is conveniently on the very edge of it all and a wonderful home base to search for antiques, taste local wines and will never be short of finding a wonderful meal.
Lambertville, NJ sits directly across the river from New Hope, a quaint little town made famous by the artists and actors who lived, worked, and visited for many, many decades. Bucks County, PA and Hunterdon County, NJ were home to many prominent members of the American Revolution. John Hart, signer of The Declaration, Thomas Paine, who's house is but a few miles south of New Hope, and many others. There are many historical sites to take in from Washington Crossing Parks in PA & NJ, the barracks in Trenton and the battlefield in Princeton and on and on…..

I have enjoyed being home for these past few weeks, I currently live near Asheville, NC, but as Dorothy once said... "There is no place like home". She was right and I must thank Terry and Rich for their wonderful hospitality, and I am looking forward to returning for a few weeks in April.

I have only written a few reviews for Trip Advisor, but I hope this information on the Chimney Hill Inn and the historical areas of Hunterdon and Bucks Counties are of interest to other business and social travelers.

Rick

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Rick N
Spotswood, New Jersey
Reviewed 21 January 2013

I purchased my very first Groupon and was a little nervous to say the least. My whole 20th wedding anniversary weekend hung on this deal! Along came Hurricane Sandy, and the weekend had to be postponed, thanks to help from the innkeeper Terry or weekend was rescheduled and we were on again 3 months later!
The inn is located on a rural country road above the Delaware river, when we arrived on Friday afternoon we were greeted cheerfully by Terry and received all our certificates that were included in our Groupon (dinner @ Anton’s at the Swan & a Winery tour @ Unionville Vineyards). Terry also took the time to provide us with a local map and circled interesting things to do in the area and recommended places to grab a bite to eat.
The next morning was breakfast, and we were not disappointed, Terry was there to great her guests and the staff was very gracious and accommodating. The fresh coffee and Cranbury French toast was delish! The barn suite we were in was very warm and accommodating although a bit outdated, the tour & tasting at Unionville Vineyards was a lot of fun and my husband discovered he likes wine! Dinner at Anton’s was beyond our wildest dreams and probably the best I’ve ever had.
Our whole experience at Chimney Hill was wonderful and a perfect way to spend any weekend, thank you!

Room Tip: Barn suite 1 was very private. We loved the little sitting area outside our bedroom.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 5 January 2013

I bought a Groupon to go to the B & B. The house is great. The room was ok. The breakfast was average. We had a great time seeing the alpacas. Overall, it was fun. We enjoyed the fireplace in the living room.

We went to new hope for dinner which was great!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
CHFE, Owner at Chimney Hill Estate & Ol' Barn Inn, responded to this review, 15 January 2013
Thank you for your review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay- winter is quieter, especially after the holidays.
The countryside is still filled with fun things to do.
Hope that you can come back for another visit.

Warm Regards,
Terry
Montclair, New Jersey
Reviewed 24 November 2012

I LOVED this place. My boyfriend and I used a Livingsocial deal which included dinner at a local restaurant, $20 in the gift shop (we got some cute things, but I was sad to find no alpaca wool!), some feed for the alpacas, and a wine tasting (that we did not go to). When we arrived for late check in, we were offered tea and cookies to have in the main house or take back to our room. We stayed in the Buttercup Room which we were very happy with. The room was outside the main house, situated between barn suites. The layout of the room was a bit odd (you walk in to a big main room that's used as a conference room with a big table and a couch and fireplace) but the bedroom was delightful. It was small but had all the amenities we wanted, and we were especially pleased with the view of the woods outside our screen door. We felt like we were in a little hamlet which is exactly what we wanted. We loved feeding the alpacas and enjoyed our dinner in town and some shopping in nearby New Hope, PA. Breakfast was delicious! Unfortunately, when we arrived for breakfast, there were no tables (not sure why) but we only had to wait a few minutes. The breakfast room was sunny and charming and some guests were getting to know each other. Overall, I absolutely loved this place, especially since it came with a deal for a local dinner. I would absolutely return!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Megan S
Thank you for your review- we appreciate your comments and hope you will comeback again for another visit soon!
Warm Regards,
Terry
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lambertville
The Lambertville House Hotel
#7 of 19 in New Hope
Woolverton Inn
Woolverton Inn
#1 of 1 in Stockton

Been to Chimney Hill Estate & Ol' Barn Inn? Share your experiences!