Chimney Hill Estate & Ol' Barn Inn
US$121
US$88
US$86
Priceline
Hampton Inn & Suites Newtown(Yardley)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$142
Hampton.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthe main houseget awayalpacassuiteweekendmilelogandersondoetreatsbridge
Reviewed 10 July 2014

FIrst of all, things went so badly they gave us the room for free. So I feel badly to even write this review, but in the interest of transparency I will.

We made an entry error online at Travelocity booking this room for our wedding night. We were booking it six weeks in advance. Despite making at least 10 phone calls and emails between Travelocity and the inn, we never were able to fix it on the system. The bottleneck was Chimney Hill just wouldn't communicate at first with me or at all with Travelocity.

Facing a dispute with the credit card company, the owner finally called me and promised to do all to make things right for us. That was three weeks before our wedding.

11:15 pm the night of our wedding and we were standing out in the dark in front of the inn trying to get in. No one answered the bell or the intercom. My wife pounded on the knocker until a guest came down and let us in.

Once in we rooted around for 10 minutes and finally found a number to reach the management. Well down he came and again was profusely apologetic. He made up a room for us and said it was gratis.

Needless to say we were incredulous that after being told 4 times by email on the phone that this was going to be our wedding night, we were locked out.

Nice property and facility. Is it really premium? No but very nice. Maybe the management will get the message.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank pwqdlq
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed at the Chimney Hill Estate for a quick getaway to celebrate my husband's promotion. The house is very charming. While I thought it was a bit pricey, overall the house was clean and a beautiful property. It was fun to visit with the alpacas. The owner was also very welcoming. For a bed & breakfast I did think breakfast left a little to be disired. Overall had a lovely getaway from New York City.

Room Tip: We stayed in the main house in Vincent's Hideaway. The room was a little strange due to the fact that there was a lounge area in the bathroom. But the bed was comfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Terry A, Owner at Chimney Hill Estate & Ol' Barn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2016

Thank you! We really appreciate your visit!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

For $350 per night, I never expected that my "private bath" would be accessed through a public hallway. Or that I'd be met by an innkeeper at the door after my 7-hour drive from Boston to say that she couldn't check me in and I had to wait in the living room because a wedding was about to start. And when I looked dismayed, she sneered and said "Your face- what's wrong?" No. Not for $350 per night. I didn't expect there to be no central air conditioning or for an overall lack of attention from just about anyone except the lovely woman (not the innkeeper) who served us breakfast. The inn is beautiful. The grounds are serene and impeccably maintained. They have charming alpacas that you can feed (albeit behind a scary electric fence). Breakfast was excellent, both the food and the service, and it's served in a beautiful dining room with natural light and a wonderful ambience. Really, this place has a lot of things going for it. But they need to lower the price and up the charm factor. Otherwise, there's no way I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank dellasaffy

Thank you for your review- the estate is very old and the design cannot be changed. We appreciate your stay.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We had a wonderful weekend at Chimney Hill Inn.
The owners were very welcoming, the accomodations comfortable and charming, the grounds beautifully mantained and the Alpacas were sooo cute.
Breakfast was wonderful too.
People should remember that this is an Historic Property... so if you are looking for a Hyatt you might not be thrilled.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review! We appreciate and are glad you enjoyed our home!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

This was a groupon deal- used June/14 . Boy, were we disappointed. We stayed in the queen cottage room (didn't match website picture). It was small with a low ceiling. Staff was not welcoming and very mediocre. Breakfast is nothing special , just two links of sausage and eggs, coffee/ tea and small cup of strawberry. We were given a lock key code to enter the house and were told to call Rich if we were locked out. Not sure whether there were any staff overnight. The advertised alpaca were fenced behind electric fence. We were quite disappointed with this place. The town of Lambertville and New Hope were quaint and charming.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ivy T

Thank you for your review. The property has owners living here and if you had an issue we can help.
The estate isvery historic and the Cottage Room is very sweet and of an past era.
We appreciate your coments.