El Tule Authentic Mexican & Peruvian Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 48 Restaurants in Lambertville
Price range: US$10 - US$22
Cuisines: Mexican, Peruvian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The love of family, friends and great food is a tradition for the Egoavils.Having relocated to the United States from Peru in 1992, they sought the opportunities their new home offered. El Tule was previously the home of another restaurant offering Mexican fare. The Egoavil Family has infused the eatery with a vibe all its own. El-Tule’s Mexican-Latin fusion includes traditional Mexican offerings as well as the addition of Peruvian menu items. Peruvian food has been gaining momentum among foodies across the nation, and prior to El Tule was extremely hard to find in the Delaware Valley. El Tule offers both indoor and outdoor dining. Guests may bring their own wine or alcohol of choice. Our patio is dog friendly. *Taco Tuesdays* $3 Tacos Mix & Match ... Pollo, carne asada, al pastor, chorizo, sudadero, vegetable ... Add $1 for shrimp and red snapper tacos - minimum of 2 for offer. ... *Local Wednesday* Ask for our Prix fixe three course $25
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I came to EL TULE one day looking for something new and exciting to try. EL TULE did not disappoint. I sat outside at a cute round table and met my waitress, I believe her name was Hadlee. She was very knowledgeable about the menu, that of which was basically foreign to me. I decided on the chicken fajitas. About 15 minutes later a STEAMING platter of sizzling peppers and perfectly seasoned chicken was in front of me. They were served with beans, rice and tortillas, quite generously. I would recommend EL TULE to anyone and everyone.

2  Thank Haley K

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We had dinner at El Tule last night. Having lived in Lambertville for a few years, I'm always glad to try something new. I've been wanting to try this spot for some time and was rewarded by some bright spots.

There is quite a bit here that needs improving upon. The kitchen forgot to put our order in and we waited a long time for the food to arrive. This was rectified by the promise of a free dessert. My meal, the Ceviche Mixto, was excellent, but undersized for the price. They also forgot to put the Peruvian corn on the plate - which they rectified by providing a free appetizer. When it came time to order the dessert, they were out of the Chocolate Tres Leches, which the waiter had talked me into.

Now the bright spots. The chips & salsa were fresh and tasty, and refilled whenever they were gone. The Ceviche was excellent, but mostly Shrimp - not bad, but not what was on the menu. The Chicken Fajitas were outstanding. Large chunks of perfectly seasoned chicken with lots of peppers & onions and a beautiful reduction sauce.

They need to get their act together - I suspect that they're attempting to serve too many customers for the resources at hand. Hopefully, they'll figure that out before they get too many bad reviews.

I'll be back - the food is excellent.

1  Thank Dieter S
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We dined here last week with friends who had been there before and had enjoyed their meal especially the ceviche. We did not have a reservation, but they did seat us. The disappointment started with the appetizers as they had forgotten our third appy for the table. When I mentioned it to our waiter, who was very young (family member perhaps?) he stated that it took time. He brought it out a few minutes later, but it was cold in the middle. When we let him know he said he would heat it up for us, in the microwave of course. Bad move...why couldn't they just make us a new one and let it cook long enough? During this, my friend switched to wine from beer so they brought us a wine glass, with lipstick on the glass. When I showed the manager he brought us a new one, but didn't even apologize. Next was our entrees, three of which were lukewarm at best and when I asked to have mine heated, you guessed it, back in the microwave! My friend asked to have her entree taken away as it was a funky tasting red snapper. When the manager came over to find out the problem, we let him know and he said desert was on them. This was unacceptable, we asked for the returned entree to be removed from the bill, which they did. We will not go back to this restaurant and certainly can't recommend it to friends with such a mixed review. There were a couple of good things like the steak entree and the ceviche, but not enough for a repeat visit, especially for the cost of the meal.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

My husband and I ate here for Sunday lunch. The waiter took our orders and then came back and told me that two entrees were sold out. He gave me a menu and I asked him to give me just a minute. Fifteen minutes later, after talking extensively at two other tables, he came back to get my order. I told him that I expected that my order would go in before others since my husband's order had gone in 15 minutes before. He said it would. We then waited half an hour for our meal. When I asked the manager/maître d' whether there was a problem with the kitchen, he said that we had been waiting only from "1:48 to 2:19" and that the food would be out "in a few minutes." When I tried to tell him about the delay with the waiter taking my order, he interrupted me several times and would not listen. Our food came out after 10 minutes, so a total of 50 minutes since we came in. It was average, nothing more, and overpriced for the size and quality. There are so many places to eat in Lambertville and in New Hope--don't eat here. It is not worth your time and your money.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

My husband and I love to dine out and especially love Mexican food. We have been to El Tule in both Lambertville and Doylestown. Both locations have fresh, well prepared tasty food that we love. However, we have noticed steep inclines in the prices and changes in the menu that will sadly prevent us from dining here very often in the future. When they first opened there were lunch options typical of a Mexican cafe - tacos, enchiladas, etc. they were priced at the going rate around this area and lunch could be had for $12 with a drink. Yesterday, however, my husband and I went in and were shocked that not only were these offerings gone, but when I inquired about getting an a la carte vegetarian taco plate for lunch, I was told it would be $16.50. Maybe in Manhattan, but not here! We wound up ordering one cheese enchilada ( that didn't come with rice, beans and only shredded lettuce) and one medium sized guacamole ( at a whopping $10 for medium sized bowl) that we both shared. Our total lunch bill was almost $30 and we had no drinks, only water because of the prices. We no longer feel this is a good value for the money and I am sad. If they could shave off around $4 per offering it would be a lot better. Instead it felt like a rip off. If this was a fancy restaurant it may be one thing, but it's a cafe and not fancy. If not, lunch menu with realistic prices should be offered.

1  Thank LCdoyle