“Was my favorite”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
New Hope, Pennsylvania
“Was my favorite”
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had dinner at Rick's this past Saturday night. We live in area and have been there couple times a year. She had chicken parmigiana and I had fish. Service was good, atmosphere great and tartufo dessert spot on. Entrees were hot but devoid of any flavor or taste. Like it was cooked without spices or salt. We were both disappointed that it was not up to usual quality.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“I don't get the popularity”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Rick's is a run-of-the-mill red sauce Italian restaurant with not a shred of imagination. Food preparation was fine, service was warm and the wood paneling made me nostalgic for my family's 1950s living room, but unless predictable is at the top of one's list in choosing a restaurant I'd skip it.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank JMH1896392262
Bucks County, Pennsylvania
“Defensive waitress food overpriced”
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

Being new to area tried this restaurant - tiny interior very crowded tables. Busy and understaffed. I ordered the eggplant parm which was pretty good but not the best- when our bill came the price on bill was higher than advertised price which I addressed, she was very defensive that the marker board was in error. I pointed out that the price advertised should be the charged price . She "fixed" our bill and made an error and increased it, again I pointed out the mistake
Finally our bill was correct. I don't think servers should argue with customers. I don't think we will be back as were not treated well
It was a BYOB

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Bluemango4me
“Running on Empty”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Rick's has been around a long time and has gone through several owners. Nothing decor wise has changed since the 1950's but the once excellent high quality food is a distant memory. What we have now is average southern Italian fare with ridicules prices. Nothing exciting, nothing special and a Chef who takes few chances. That wouldn't bother me except all the other components of a fine dinning out experience are missing as soon as you walk through the door. On a recent visit there was no hostess to greet us and we stood for a long time until the singular waitress working found us a table. The decor consists of wood paneled walls from another era and plastic tile floors that had seen better days. The dinning area wasn't clean or well kept and my sense told me the owner didn't have much pride in his establishment. It took awhile for the one waitress to take our order and longer for it to come out and the place was only half full. Everything on the menu is priced separately which is a joke in a restaurant of this ilk. Two salads, a couple of pasta dishes with shell fish, two ice teas, and one desert with tip set us back $100. The food was acceptable, nothing great but my take is Rick's is running on fumes and making money from its glory days.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Sayhey1
Yardley, Pennsylvania
“Umm, Umm good.”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

The eatery is small. The 1st floor of a row home has been converted into a restaurant. Seating is tight.

We ordered off of the chalkboard/specials of the day. I had a chopped salad. If you like Miracle Whip, you'll luv this salad. If you are like me & like Hellmann's, you won't like this salad. My hubby had the soup of the day. It was not too salty; just right.

I had the butternut squash ravioli. They were pan-seared & served over a bed of roasted/caramelized vegetables. My hubby ordered the Beef Stroganoff. We both enjoyed our entrees. For dessert, we shared the lemon meringue pie. It was delish.

Everything is home-made; from scratch. And, it's BYO. If you don't mind being seated close to other patrons, go & enjoy!!!

• Visited October 2013