“Elegant and romantic”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

Anton's is the go to spot for a beautiful dining experience in Lambertville. It did not disappoint but the food was just short of excellent.

The sourdough bread was wonderful and the Caesar salad was authentic, but the rest of the meal was just a bit off. The asparagus risotto lacked boldness and maybe a little cheese or truffle oil. The butternut squash soup was trying too hard with cornbread and apples mixed in. The seared tuna was a touch too cooked and the desserts were forgettable. A lot of small misses, but nothing horrible and overall a great dining experience. Sometimes service and ambiance can trump food

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I dined here with my fiance & future in laws (total party of 4 for dinner) on October 20, 2013. The ambiance was beautiful! There was only one other party in the dinning room we were in (although the bar area next door (The Swan Bar) was completely full). The crab cake was AMAZING, and the Vanilla Creme Brule dessert was excellent. My entree however (I had salmon) wasn't that great. It seemed a bit under cooked and had no flavor what so ever. For a party of 4, we paid nearly $300 (including drinks) and for the price, I think we could have gotten better, but I definitely won't complain too much because we did have a nice time. The service was EXCELLENT as well. Overall I'd dine here again, or just maybe at the Swan Bar instead :)

1  Thank Monica O
Reviewed 22 October 2013

My partner and I journey to Lambertville often, and the Swan Bar is one of our very favorite haunts. We were there with friends this past weekend as we were doing the annual House Tour, and decided to stop in. They don't take reservations, so it can be very busy. We poked our heads in, and we asked for a table for four. The woman who became our fabulous server indicated to an empty table with a reserved sign on it. We asked, "isn't it reserved?" to which she answered, "yes -- for you!" We were in love with her (unfortunately I cannot recall her name -- too many tasty cocktails) from that moment on. She was nothing less than spectacular; despite being VERY busy, she always checked in, was always friendly and fun and let us set the pace of our visit. It was heaven! The menu in the bar is mostly centered around pub-like fare, but they have some of the same entrees as served in the restaurant proper (which is also great). Three of chose steak and one of us chose the chicken. The food arrived and was delicious -- just what we needed after a day of touring the beautiful homes of Lambertville. I had a pumpkin cheesecake for dessert that was to die for -- it was exquisite! We love the Swan Bar because of its cozy atmosphere, superior service and tasty cocktails and this visit was a topper. All elements combined to make it a memorable day. I hesitate to recommend the Swan too highly as more people might come to it, and it's crowded enough already, but it is just simply too good to pass up. My partner and I are aiming to relocate to Lambertville in the not-too-distant future, and we would both be here probably every day. It's that good -- and the service is even better. I simply can't recommend it highly enough.

2  Thank ChrisandCarlos
Reviewed 15 October 2013

the Swan bar is a cozy place with a real fireplace, attentive service and a great menu. i live in the area and have had just about everything on the menu at one time or another, and i recommend the place highly. Had the fresh tuna and whipped horseradish potatoes for lunch this last Saturday. perfectly prepared and beautifully plated. They do a superb roasted asparagus and Parmesan cheese risotto dish as well. The burgers are simply wonderful, and there are some well prepared savory pizzas with some imaginative toppings -- including smoked duck which, yeah, really does work. you can sit at the bar or at tables or bench seating near the fireplace. the place is chock full of authentic historical documents, pictures, models and just plain weird stuff -- a visual treat. no tv, no loud music -- just a really good bar.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

A few nights ago, I had the wonderful occassion to go to dinner with my business partner and date. The meal was nothing less than fabulous. The service was perfect and the ambiance was vintage romance. Can't wait to return.