“Don't go for restaurant week”

Anton's At The Swan
Ranked #8 of 50 Restaurants in Lambertville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Unfortunately, I raved about this place and invited friends for restaurant week. The ambience is a 10 and service was ok. The food was much worse than diner food. The Coq au Vin was the worst chicken stew I've ever eaten, Caesar salad had too much anchovies, the parsnip soup was thin and tasteless. Sooooo disappointed and embarrassed with friends for $180 for 4 with 2 glasses of wine total. What a poor advertisement for the restaurant

3  Thank Elaine S

Reviewed 23 February 2014

We arrived early ... and were seated immediately. Our server greeted us and took our cocktail order, gave us the specials. She had the crab cake app and I the oyster stew. Her entry was the beef special and I had the duck. Desert and coffee finished off an exceptional meal.

If you are looking for a special eating experience ... put Anton's on your list.

Ambiance, service and quality at the highest level.

1  Thank Shamrockbuddy
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We have been to the Swan Bar several times and have loved it. We stayed in town for Winter Fest and had a gift certificate to Anton's so went there our first night in town. The funky, eclectic but really warm and cozy vibe really appeals. The service is friendly, efficient and attentive without hovering. And the food...well the food was magnificent. I had one of the best crab cakes I have ever had there; I don't know how they got it to bind together, there was so much crab in it! I had a wonderful salad, and then a delicious, perfectly-cooked ribeye. Also, the bartenders are incapable of making a bad cocktail. It was such a lovely evening, but I was glad that we didn't live nearby, as I would be broke and weigh 500 pounds from eating there every night!

2  Thank ChrisandCarlos
Reviewed 6 February 2014

They added oyster stew as a special this week, it's cream base with fresh poached oysters. No kidding this dish waa so delicious that I came back three times this week. Now, I consider myself a bit of a food snob & choose to cook most evenings so that must say something.

Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

I'm really sorry to say that my fiancé and I weren't thrilled with the food at Antons. The restaurant itself was lovely, barely half full for a Friday night; but the bar area was jumping.
My beet and goat cheese salad was so vinegary I couldn't eat it and my veal chop lacked flavor. The vegetables were merely steamed carrots and zucchini also lacking flavor. My fiancé's sushi grade Tina was just so-so. However, the creme brûlée was outstanding. For the price, there are much better places.