“Really screwed up!”

Ranked #14 of 51 Restaurants in Lambertville
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I worked with the inn for my wedding room block. I spoke with the manager multiple times and they confirmed my wedding room block; 4 rooms for the night of our wedding-held until the month before the wedding date. I had called at least 3-4 times to confirm the block and everytime they said yes Ms G we have your block but no one has booked yet. I called yesterday to confirm again and check to see who if anyone had booked- when I called they said they didn't have my block and they were all booked. I explained to them I listed them on my wedding invitation and how upset I was they did this. They were the last hotel option we had in town! All they could do was apologize because they were booked. They were not even that sorry! They explained "they had no idea how the room block never made it into the book, but the manager does remember the block for you." I asked them to explain to the guests-when they call to book- that they are simply full instead of saying there is no room block here by that name. We will see when I call to test them how they handle it. HUGE disappointment for our wedding, guests, and planning. I will never be staying there or recommending them.

1  Thank Ksg201

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Both our 1 night stay and the multiple meals we at here were outstanding. There is nothing about our stay or meals that we wished were better. Clean and well run. A cozy inside bar atmosphere and and outdoor dining in a fabulaout courtyard.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Fish and chips, for sure! Homemade chips are wonderful. However, the menu is a bit tired, in my opinion. Often times at the door, there is not a welcoming attitude. If you can get past that, seating is attractive in the dining alcoves, the bar is huge and the outside area is charming. Fireplace in Fall/Winter is lovely. The food is decent, but not imaginative. A good fall back place to go when you don't know where to go!

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Nice tavern style restaurant with seating in a variety of separate rooms. Good menu selections. Service my young wait staff was pleasant and helpful. Food was quite good and portions were more than adequate. Main dining area with window overlooking patio has nicest ambiance. Other dining room is rather dark and dank.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

In nice weather you want to sit outside (in the back), peaceful (potentially romantic). In cold weather be by the fireplace. Restaurant has a lot of charm. Generally like food, nice salads, fish and chips, lots of other choices.. Have taken large groups there. Service is generally good.