“Inn of the Hawke dining”
Review of Inn of the Hawke

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lambertville
Inn of the Hawke
Ranked #2 of 3 Lambertville B&B and Inns
Lambertville, New Jersey
“Inn of the Hawke dining”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I am a resident of Lambertville so I am familiar with the restaurants here.

Have been to Inn of the Hawke as a couple and as part of a Meet up group (Lambertville New Hope Activities Meet up). Restaurant has been inconsistent in food and service, sometimes quite good, sometimes just adequate. In serving a large group they seem to have trouble in coordinating service.

The back, outdoor seating is pleasant during good weather as is the seating inside, near the fire place.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ldfinkelstein

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Burlington, NJ
Reviewed 18 June 2013

My girlfriend had the fish and chips. SHe thought the fish may not have been cooked thoroughly since it was soft, a little mushy. My special burger, however, was delicious and so were our homemade chips. ( We halved our portions and shared with one another. She said the burger tasted very good, and I tend to agree with her that the fish seemed a little mushy, but still good tasting.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 22 April 2013

What a nice surprise!

While looking for a place to stay after a wedding in the Lambertville/New Hope area, one of the primary difficulties that you run into is that a lot of the inns and B&Bs require a two night minimum stay if you want to stay a Saturday night. This is problematic for us because we have family in the area, and the only reason we're staying overnight at all is so that we can really enjoy ourselves at the wedding and not have to worry about driving home. We're definitely not going to stay a second night just to get that Saturday night stay.

The wedding we went to was at the Lambertville Station, and while that hotel does allow single night stays on a Saturday, it is a little pricey. Just down the street, though, when perusing the map, was the Inn of the Hawke. We gave them a call and not only did they have a room available for a reasonable price, they allowed a single night stay!

The day of the wedding we arrived at the inn frantically because we were running late. I was supposed to be meeting the rest of the bridal party for photos at 3:30, and there I was, standing in the bar downstairs at the Inn of the Hawke at 3:28 wearing jeans and no makeup. Sensing my panic, the innkeeper calmly handed me the key to our room and instructed my husband to stay with her and take care of the registration. It was such a nice gesture that I loved the place already.

The room was lovely. It was clean and well decorated with big windows. The floor creaked a little, but I live in an old house myself, so it just felt like home. We had a small bathroom which was slightly more modern than the room itself, and was a nice contrast. The bed was big and comfortable, and we had a good variety of pillows to choose from (great for stomach sleepers who need a flat pillow...). While I did read other reviews which complained about the noise from the bar below, we had left the wedding with some friends and returned to the Inn (it's just a quick walk down the canal trail from the Lambertville Station) where we stayed at the bar until last call, so the noise was gone by the time we returned to our room.

In the morning there was a simple breakfast laid out for us downstairs. A variety of bagels and muffins, granola, juices, coffee and tea - it was great! We sat next to the windows and ate, listening to the music from the bar (The Skatalites came on!). The Innkeeper came through, too, and asked us how our wedding was; it was like chatting with a friend.

All in all, this is an absolutely lovely inn and we had a wonderful time. I would recommend it highly, and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Heidi B
NJ
Reviewed 10 January 2013

Stayed one night for New Years Eve 2012. Frequent visitor at Lambertville Inn but fully booked for holiday. Pleasantly surprised at the Inn. Nice bar and restaurant. Room fresh and clean but lacking amenities to which accustomed. Staff was pleasant. Had issue with loud music coming from room across the hall at 1:30 in the morning. Had to leave room twice to bang on door as no phone in room or management staff on duty. Breakfast next morning ok, lacking anything protein in nature.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kcgr
newton,nj
Reviewed 15 November 2012

Stayed for a couple nights at the end of October. We stayed in room #2 also. I somewhat agree with the previous review. I must say I thought there was more noise in the morning as they set up for breakfast than there was either night we were there (a Friday & Saturday). If you are a light sleeper I am sure the noise at night would impact your routine. The building is old and yes it is creaky and on the lower floor it is heard. Breakfast was just ok,coffee was very good. Overall the place is pretty cool. Clean,off the beaten path but a short stroll to anywhere. We had dinner at the resturant one night and it was very good. Nice wine list. The bar scene is also comfortable. I would stay here again only if the third floor was available. Good overall stay.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bpets
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 October 2012

This is not a typical B&B. This is a bar with rooms above it for nightly rental. We stayed in room #2, on the 2nd floor. From the time we checked in until 2AM, we heard all of the sounds you would expect if you were trying to sleep above a bar. Music, loud talking, laughing, etc. I'm all for going out and having fun but didn't want to be directly above it trying to sleep.

When you walk into the house, you walk directly into the bar. This is also where you check in. You check out with the bartender. There is no real welcoming or hospitality.

The breakfast is a continental spread with what were recently frozen bagels and muffins. No fruit, nothing fancy.

The only + I'll give this place is the price. It is super cheap. If you don't mind feeling like you're in a frat house and are a heavy sleeper, this is your place.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank phillyvisitor
Sunnyside, New York
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Room 3 on the second floor was spacious, tastefully decorated, spotlessly clean, and comfortable. It had quirks, sure -- the floor was creaky, one of the windows wouldn't stay propped open, and we had to jiggle the handle of the toilet to make it stop running -- but the whole place just felt good, like the home of an eccentric but beloved (and rich!) great aunt. It's in a quiet, off-the-beaten path area of Lambertville, but within easy walking distance of the heart of town. The rates -- $125 for a weekend night and $70 for weekdays -- were extremely reasonable. No TV, but that forced me to read -- not a bad thing at all. We didn't end up eating at the inn -- too many other places to try! -- but we'll remedy that on a future visit.

Room Tip: The third floor rooms might be quieter -- you won't hear other guests walking up the stairs.