“Wonderful Inn, great locale!”

The Lambertville House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lambertville
Annapolis
“Wonderful Inn, great locale!”
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

Spent Saturday 12-8-13 here for anniversary. Easy access from 95 to Lambertville. Cute town with shops, and cross bridge to New Hope PA for more shops/restaurants. You are crossing the Delaware River, near where George did. Has parking on-site. Four stories, had room 304 with fireplace, full bath, queen bed, and a huge tub to soak in in room with French doors. Small balcony, too cold to enjoy. Great bed, Keurig in hall for your use. Very clean and warm. Had breakfast at Sneddons, good hearty food in a diner setting. Walked to a cute coffee shop, browsed art and antique shops. Dinner at Brian's, was just ok. Small space, no liquor. Can byob, weird cos we eat in DC/Balto/Annapolis area and no byob there. Wished we knew to bring wine in. Cold draft from door. Tables really close. Salad excellent. Salmon over cooked, mashed potatoes ok and banana bread bread pudding was yummy. Husband steak was stringy and over cooked he was not happy. Someone said try Rick's or Anton's. had a continental breakfast in lower level cafe, hb egg, toast, fruit, cereal, and mini muffins available. Highly recommend. Rate pricey at $300.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Me and my boyfriend went away for the weekend and this was the perfect stay! At first we got to our room and it wasn't what the description said when I purchased it off of expedia, I called the front desk and the lady accommodated me within minutes. She switched me to a room with a fireplace and a balcony. The room was so cozy. To top off this stay we had a free breakfast with whatever we wanted. We had the option to have it in our room or in the lobby. It was a FULL breakfast, not a buffet. I am not one who likes buffets, this was amazing! Definitely try the french toast. Also, each floor has a keurig which I thought was amazing! Nothing but good things to say about this hotel. Thank you for an amazing stay. New Hope is beautiful. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Bordentown, New Jersey
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Just back from a wonderful, relaxing night at the Lambertville House Hotel. I had passed this establishment 100's of times over the years and after staying there last night regretted that it hadn't been sooner.

The staff ... hotel, bar, restaurant, were on a level of a 5 star establishment. I'm not joking. They wanted you to be comfortable and feel at home the minute you entered.

The room we had was superior ... even had an electric fireplace.

If you ever plan an overnight to New Hope or Lambertville you might want to spend a night or two there.

Room Tip: 3rd floor suites
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 September 2013

loved the room, we stayed on the top floor, the robes and slippers were awesome - there is so much to do in the Lambertville and New hope areas (you can just walk across the small bridge). there is even a Thomasello winery satallite store around the corner from the hotel :)

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We stayed overnight this summer as my niece had her wedding at the Pearl S. Buck Estate nearby. The room was fine, but nothing special, although the view of The river was lovely. A bit pricey for what it is, but of course the location is really what you are paying for. The town of Lambertville is quaint with great shops and restaurants and a wonderful bike trail. All in all, what we expected but nothing special. Would I stay there again, probably not. I would do a Bed and breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
LambertvilleHouse, Manager at The Lambertville House Hotel, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
OOPS! I am sorry but you have reviewed the wrong property. We are the Lambertville House Hotel. We are situated on Bridge Street in Lambertville but our guest rooms do not have a river view.
I think you meant to review the Inn at Lambertville Station which is situated on the river with river views.
Thank you for visiting the lovely town of Lambertville. We invite you to be our guest at the Lambertville House Hotel when traveling in the area again.
Morrisville
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Stayed 1 night in King Carriage house, exquisite linens, whirlpool tub, tasteful and pleasing comfortable decor, upscale bath items, plush robes, in room wine / snacks, friendly and competent staff, super clean room. Normally, when we stay at a hotel I clean the tub before soaking, not this night. This stay was perfect, relaxing, pure pleasure. Walk to everything, dine in the on location restaurant - we enjoyed a delicious breakfast. Will be back for more, more, more! Pamper yourself, you deserve it!

Room Tip: Carriage house suites have private entrance and are not in the main building. If you value privacy...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I will start this review off by saying that neither my husband nor I are complainers in the least...we see the good in everything over the bad and set our expectations accordingly. There are definitely some good notes to be recognized in this review...However, we were overall, disappointed in our stay here this past weekend, especially having read some of the other great reviews. I had emailed the Innkeeper earlier in the week to give her the heads up that we had had a rough time with a family issue and given my husband's birthday was this weekend, wanted to really relax and forget about life for a while. She responded immediately and I thought we would be on our way to a great stay. Upon arrival, which granted was early, we were greeted by a really nice gentleman who wished my husband happy birthday (yay he remembered I said something earlier) and gave us a parking pass so we could park and walk around while our room was prepared. Great! My history buff husband did ask someone else at the front desk about the sign that said "Historical Site" on the wall and he was told "Oh I really don't know anything about that." Ok, strange, but not a big deal. And off we went to explore the town. When we came back at around 5pm to check in, there was a different person at the front desk. She seemed really unhappy, not rude (yet) but we could NOT get her to crack a smile or give us any warmth at all...Ok, again, not a big deal. As my husband went to check out the bar area, she asked me to confirm my address, which was wrong in the computer. I let her know my zip code as she requested and she insisted that the town and state the computer was generating MUST be right and I was wrong. Like I dont know my own zip code. The entire time, I told her it wasn't a big deal and I am sure we can get it right, and she got very huffy about the whole thing. This is a common theme we noticed from the staff...getting very flustered when things didn't go exactly right. We are VERY easygoing and are respectful of people who work with the public so every incident was peppered by us with "NO problem, relax" to no avail. Then we got to our room, which was lovely AND clean. AND we found a nice birthday note with a complimentary drink card for the downstairs bar. VERY cool and appreciated. Ok, we were back on track. We relaxed and enjoyed the room a bit, then changed and got ready to go out for the evening. Again downstairs we saw the front desk person, not smiling, and asked her about turndown service and she reminded us she had told us earlier it was from 5-8 only. We confirmed that we would get our service providing we didn't leave our "do not disturb" on the door, which we didn't, and figured all would be well. I will add that the front desk person did make an effort to find us an umbrella so we didn't have to go all the way back up to our room, which we appreciated. She didn't find one, but at least put the effort in. Then we hit the bar for our complimentary drink and to start our weekend. My husband saw a bowl of freshly poured peanuts and asked the bartender if he could grab them for our table. The bartender got flustered and snapped "Sir, your server will bring you some!" again, seeming like we "bucked their system" and how dare we ask for something special. Again, no big deal.... So we left for the evening. Upon returning to our room at about midnight, it was hot and we had to spend about 15 minutes playing with the A/C to get it to feel like it was regulating. Yes, it was a warm evening and I know its an old building. Then we hit the hay, only to realize our "luxury king" bed was actually TWO twins shoved together with a piece of foam covering the space in the middle. ALSO, they weren't the same height! We couldn't have noticed this when we first got in, but when you pulled back the comforter and actually got into the bed you noticed if you roll from one side to another, that it was a significant drop if I wanted to roll over and hug my spouse! It was also very uncomfortable and the sheets were very rough on my skin. My husband noticed this first, so its not me being a picky girl. Needless to say, between getting up every hour to regulate the air, and the uncomfortable bed, I got about 4 hours of sleep. So much for a relaxing weekend. I will add that I took a bath in the awesome jacuzzi tub, and that was wonderful. The bathrooms were really nice, clean and well equipped with plenty of towels which came in handy since we didn't get any turndown service to replace the used towels from the showers we took before going out. The next day, we got up and went down for breakfast, which was really yummy. Figuring this was not a B&B we knew we would have to pay for it..ok, fine. It was pretty pricey ($56) but worth it. After breakfast, my husband went over to what we thought was the coffee bar for the public and asked for "to go" cups. The staff member told him this was "her area" and basically not to touch anything. Upon checking out, the front desk finally asked me "How was your stay?" I told her it was just ok and complained about the bed. Her response was "Well, maybe next time we can make sure you have a better bed". Again, given that I spent over $300 for one night, I would have expected ALOT more. If this were a Motel-6 or something, sure you get what you pay for, but at this price, I was very disappointed. (I did appreciate the efforts on behalf of the innkeepers to help us celebrate the birthday and don't want to discount that at all.)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank kennam320
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lambertville
Lambertville Station Inn
Logan Inn
#7 of 19 in New Hope
Fox and Hound Bed and Breakfast of New Hope
Chimney Hill Estate & Ol' Barn Inn

Been to The Lambertville House Hotel? Share your experiences!