“Great location and Martinis!”

The Lambertville House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lambertville
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed at the Lambertville House over Memorial Day weekend for a one night getaway. The front desk agent was friendly and explained the amenities and we checked in right away. The room was spacious, with a king bed and nice amenities that included optional snacks and wine. The room was clean, bright and nicely decorated, a bit dated but not shabby. The only comment that I have that needs improvement is the king mattress, it's due. Parking was complimentary, you have to place a hang tag on your mirror, which was great because we paid $20 elsewhere in New Hope to park for the first part of the day before we checked in.
The downstairs bar was cozy and we had cocktails which were nicely prepared, and our bartender was professional and helpful in giving us information about the area. Check out was quick and efficient. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vinoveritas59
There are newer reviews for The Lambertville House Hotel

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Nice hotel, not really designed for the traveling businessman though. From the online reviews I was expecting a lot, but felt a little let down. Lots of olde-worldy charm and a good sleep in a GREAT location with very pleasant service. Food is the soft point. Breakfast is pathetic. The chef told me he could only do hard boiled eggs on ice, not fresh scrambled eggs as he couldn't get them to work with the limited materials he had. Not much to be said after that... Restaurant food here is great IF you are dieting or a wealthy rabbit. I did have a salad and pasta one night and it was extremely well done, but I really wanted a steak... This would be a superb place for a quiet getaway as a mature couple, and I'd happily do that. Strongly recommend they sort out the breakfast menu though.

Room Tip: I had what I think was about the best, King with jacuzzi etc - and the best description is fun and c...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My wife and I first stayed here 3 years ago for a quick 1 night anniversary stay. We very much enjoyed ourselves. We returned this time with her sister and significant other for three days and two nights. Once again, we were not dissappointed. We have stayed in many Bed & Breakfast's. I love the fact that this is a boutique hotel. It has the bar and restaurant features of a larger hotel while offering Bed & Breakfast type rooms. How much more could you ask for? The facility is well maintained and very clean. The location is absolutely perfect. There is on site parking which in Lamberville, is a good thing. The staff was very attentive and friendly. Our room, the Courtyard Queen Suite, was nicer then many of the rooms offered in any B & B we've ever stayed at. The robes were a great touch and perfect for just lounging around in after sitting in the jacuzzi until our skin was like prunes!!. The breakfast was not quite like a B & B, but then again, it is not expected to be since this is not a true B & B. Still, it was quite adequate. On the other hand, the bar/lounge is outstanding with great bartenders and a wonderful atmosphere. We had cocktails each evening prior to going out for dinner and it was a great way to start our evenings events. We would definately recommend the Lamberville House to anyone of any age. It's just a great getaway for any occassion. We look forward to our next visit, which we promised ourselves, would be much sooner then the three years it took us this time to come back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dpg1988
Reviewed 25 March 2014

This was an anniversary getaway for me. After reading the reviews and wanting something romantic, yet near places to eat and drink I decided to choose the Lambertville house. Our room had a queen size bed, Jacuzzi tub, and stand up shower, along with an ipod dock/clock (which was a plus). The room was perfect size and not connected to the main hotel. My only advice: Check in is at 3pm and you should take advantage of it. There are many BYOB restaurants, and New hope bars right across the bridge. We didn't check in until 530 on a Friday night and decided to go out to New Hope by 10pm I was already tired and ready for bed, so the $330 for the room wasn't used to its potential.
. I suggest if you are planning on staying here, take ADVANTAGE of the 3pm check in. In doing so, you can still go out and enjoy the town, while taking the full advantage of what the Lambertville rooms have to offer. Even if you decide to park, and go have some drinks in new hope before checking in, it is definitely worth it!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Faith O
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We stayed at the Lambertville House in March 2014 for a weekend. The hotel is a very nice historic building with rooms and suites and a restaurant/bar on the first floor. They have free parking for guests in an off-street lot.The room was very nice and clean. We had the premium room that does not include a fireplace. The main heater in the room apparently did not work because there was a space heater in the room.. Not a problem, it was very effective. The hotel's restaurant has a very limited menu, mostly snack type items. They do have a book of menus of area restaurants that was very helpful. There are a lot of restaurants of varying types within walking distance. There is also lots of shopping in walking distance with Peddler's Village shops about 3.5 miles away. The hotel does not have a fitness center, but they have an agreement with a gym that is walking distance that is free for guests to use. Nice gym with cardio equipment weight machines, free weights and locker rooms.
Our room was on the second floor facing the street. It was a bit noisy in the morning. No late night noise, but some early morning shoppers and we could hear every word they said. I would recommend a higher floor or other side of the building. There is no refrigerator in the room, so bring a cooler, they do have an ice machine. They offer a free breakfast, but we go there about a half hour before it closed and there was not much left. I heard other guests complaining about this also. It is just a continental breakfast. They have Kuerig coffee makers for each floor and give the room a couple K-cups. The machine on our floor was not working.

Room Tip: Higher rooms and non street side may be quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dtchem1
Reviewed 3 January 2014

This was a "mini babymoon getaway" for one night with my husband as my parents watched our other child. So as you can imagine it was an important stay looking for some rest & relaxation! There were 3 things I wanted: 1) A comfortable bed 2) A relaxing bath and 3) A fireplace since it's winter and wanted to get cozy. We were deciding between this location and the Lambertville Station Inn, and decided to go with this hotel because of the great reviews and the room we booked seemed to meet all my criteria. The location is perfect, steps away from the bridge that goes to New Hope and also coffee shops, restaurants, stores, etc all just steps away.We got the "Governor's Suite" room, which was SO nice. You walk in and feel so cozy and comfortable. Bath with standing shower is off of the main room, which has a king bed and fireplace/desk, and then in a separate area (with french glass doors) is the whirlpool bath for 2 with it's own sitting area and balcony! (We didn't use the balcony because of the cold weather, it isn't a nice view, but it's still nice to have that option to sit outside in warmer weather I'm sure). The bottled water and coffee cups in the room are complimentary and right outside the door is a Keruig coffee maker with glass mugs and fixings for when you want to make coffee. After walking over the bridge and spending the day in New Hope we came back to the room and took a nap. Bed was big and comfortable and the fireplace was lovely, so those met my criteria for sure! When we woke we got ready and walked across the street to Lambertville Station's restaurant where we dined that evening - HIGHLY recommend, food was outstanding). I loved that it was literally a walk across the street. When we came back, I was all set for taking a nice relaxing quiet hot bath. My husband went to get it ready for me and when I heard his reaction upon turning it on I approached the bath and saw the water coming out of the faucet was dark brown. We immediately turned it off, and tried again, and same thing. I just stood there staring at this brown puddle in the bottom of my big tub so sad! I called downstairs and the woman was extremely nice, and had a VERY quick response not even hesitating as if she's answered this many times "Oh, yes, this happens often due to our old piping system - if you let it run for a minute or two it will be fine and go back to normal. I assure you it is not waste, it is just from our old piping." I hung up the phone, went back to the tub and just stared as the water went from brown to clear again eventually. But I just couldn't do it. Yes, she told me it wasn't waste and even if just tired or debris, I had this vision in my head and just got so grossed out. Even as I saw the clear water again I just couldn't help but think that my tub was now dirty (and I certainly was not about to clean it or have a housekeeper come up to disrupt us). The hotel was built in 1812, it's old, I understand that. But given that the one thing I was looking forward to was a nice bath was just so disappointing. I will say this - if I was staying there and I could care less about using the bath and this wasn't important to me, I probably wouldn't even care given everything else was great. The next morning my husband talked to the woman at the desk, who was so nice and gave us a discount on our room because of the tub issue and reiterated it is common. I don't know if it is specific to this room, but maybe ask when you reserve to verify which rooms are effected by the piping issue. The breakfast was included next morning, but was basic and disappointing. Very small little muffins and scones, bagels/bread, hard boiled eggs, some fruit, cottage cheese and yogurt with granola on the side. Nothing exceptional. Coffee/tea and orange juice/grapefruit juice were also available. They had a bowl of raspberries which had fuzzy mold on them so they took them away after I notified them. They were very apologetic for that. In the end, if you are looking for a comfortable accommodation and perfect location, it's a win. If you really wanna get that bubble bath in, don't say you weren't warned :)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank dgp102
Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

Lambertville House is steeped in history. The setting is so wonderful since it is right in the middle of all the action! We had a small suite which was tastefully appointed. Had we understood that the jacuzzi occupied most of the second room we might have tried to find an alternate suite layout but all the same we enjoyed the suite. The bar is charming and welcoming and we enjoyed winding down at the end if the evening. The continental breakfast was modest but sufficient. The hotel is very sought after so advanced reservations on weekends is key.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank janeaustinNY
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lambertville
Lambertville Station Inn
Logan Inn
#7 of 19 in New Hope
Fox and Hound Bed and Breakfast of New Hope
Chimney Hill Estate & Ol' Barn Inn

Been to The Lambertville House Hotel? Share your experiences!