All reviews carriage house charming hotel continental breakfast jetted tub front porch yogurt across the bridge corner room bridge street delaware river easy walk king bed coffee machine romantic getaway checking out antique shops glass of wine
Reviewed 18 June 2018

This is a charming warm hotel, Great for a wonderful weekend with access to a number of interesting antique shops and restaurants. Never without some place to explore. Walk over the bridge from New Jersey to New Hope Pennsylvania for more interesting shops and restaurants.

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank 205jennieh
Reviewed 9 June 2018

We came over to the US for commencement at Princeton. All the hotels in downtown Princeton or nearby were ridiculously overpriced so I decided to look around in a 30 minute radius. Lambertville House was the perfect choice. Lambertville and New Hope offer great choices for dining and shopping. The hotel itself was very nice. We booked the Carriage House suite which was beautifully decorated. (Picking up on the review below, the wifi worked fine). We had drinks on the terrace the first day and dinner on the terrace the last day. The service was friendly and food very good. I was able to jog on the canal paths in both NJ and Pennsylvania which was an added bonus. I highly recommend staying here. The trip to Princeton was 30 mins each way. Uber can be a bit patchy but for the last day we got a Trenton taxi which arrived on time and delivered us on time.

Room Tip: The two rooms in the carriage house are great.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

The hotel wasn't bad. They had free parking and wifi. They had a decent bathroom and a four poster bed. It's an old building: It's normal for floors to be sloped with wear so much that my feet hurt after a night.

But for over $300 I expect the tub to be as big as the one in the photo. Two people did not fit. I expect rooms to be as big as the photos. I expect to not hear howling wind from the exhaust vent (not even a fan that turns off). I expect to get some service (check in took several minutes of waiting while the receptionist left and came back). Ultimately, despite paying luxury prices, it was just not luxury or even that nice. Oh well.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2018

I have stayed here before and have enjoyed this boutique hotel, although it is expensive. However, in our most recent stay, there was no WiFi in our room as promised. It did not seem to be working on our whole side of the hotel, as I walked up and down the halls trying to get it. It was only working on the other side of the hotel from our room, a far distance from our room. In today's world, Internet access is a must. As a result of not having WiFi, I was forced to use my cell phone, which adds minutes and cost. I alerted the staff, although friendly and concerned, they had no idea what to do about it. No WiFi is unacceptable. They need to get this corrected, or not advertise that this is provided so travelers are forewarned.

Room Tip: Each room is different and has its own "name." You can specify what you want.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank FineTravellerNewYork
Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

Located in the heart of Lambertville, this gem has a lot to offer! The Hotel Resturant is excellent and top notch staff. The outside seating offers beautiful views of the town....the Inside is a cozy regal bar and more Resturant seating. Take the window seats to people watch!

The hotel part is located in the back behind the restaurant .....and is immaculantly kept and quiet. The rooms are wonderfully decorated in antiques of the time, new mattresses. !!!

There is valet and many other amenities.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple