“Muy bueno!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

Hidden treasure of great food at great price! Quaint town, outdoor seating. Large portions, authentic sauces and great variety. Service was fine. Indoor decor was charming!

Reviewed 3 August 2013

I visited Tortuga's Cocina for lunch with my adult son. He had a shredded pork burrito, and I had the avocado soup. The salsa they served with the tortilla chips was a very tasty and moderately picante pico de gallo. It was one of the best pico de gallos I have ever tasted. My son said his burrito was very good, and my avocado soup was excellent. I ordered it because I had never seen avocado soup on a menu before and wanted to try it. My son and his wife take their two children here often.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

We were so hungry and it took us forever to find this place but once we did it was well worth the walking in circles! The place is really small and when we first got there around 6:30 it was pretty empty and got seated quickly. The atmosphere was great and the restaurant so nicely decorated. I ordered enchiladas and they were delicious perfectly spiced and tasted like authentic Mexican. The portions were also pretty large and I ended up taking a lot of it home. The staff was also really friendly but I cannot say that the service was great. When we were done we ended up waiting a while to get the check and then pay the check. Also, when we were leaving the restaurant was packed and there was a pretty long wait. I would definitely eat here again!!

Reviewed 13 July 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by my experience at Tortuga's. I am gluten free and the waitress was extremely knowledgeable about what food I could and could not eat. I was shocked to learn that the refried beans were whipped with flour, and that the corn chips were cooked in a fryer contaminated with gluten. I was able to enjoy my meal knowing that I was safe with what I was eating! The sauteed steak dish in a soft corn tortilla was excellent! Thanks for being so accommodating!!

1  Thank Chrystyna S
Reviewed 8 July 2013

This is not just delicious...it's OMG delicious. Got a groupon and went on a great early summer evening in June. Honestly, it was a little hard to find, but it could just be because I let my companion handle the GPS...

We sat outdoors. There were 3 or 4 other groups already there when we sat, and by the time our food came all of the tables were taken. The outdoor space is quiet and peaceful, but honestly not really much to look at.

The salsa/pico de gallo was fabulous-there was a kick to it, but not so much you can't taste your dinner. The chips were great as well.

We each ordered something different and planned on sharing. I got the fish tacos. They were great! The fish seemed fresh and was well cooked. The wrappers were sturdy and did not fall apart as I ate them, despite the liquid from the taco. The fish probably could have used more seasoning, but it is what it is.

My companion got the enchiladas jalisco. FABULOUS. That's really all i have to say. The meat was perfectly cooked and seasoned, the blend of flavors worked well together and the presentation was nice as well.

This is definitely somewhere I will return to!