““Vegetarian/Vegan Friendly””

Ranked #9 of 48 Restaurants in Lambertville
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I have been to this restaurant twice and plan to return with friends. They are vegan/vegetarian friendly for me, yet also offered plenty of selection for my husband who is not a Veg.

PROS:
Vegan/vegetarian friendly (they actually prepare real Veg dishes, not just offer a salad like most restaurants)
Large portions for the price
Great service/friendly staff
Outdoor Seating
Bring your own alcohol
Wonderful Appetizers: The Portabella Grande, Vegetable Crostini
Fantastic Entrees: Pan Roasted Seitan, Tofu Eggplant Zorba, Chicken dinner special with veggies and potato, Ravioli dinner special with crab/lobster cream sauce
Waiter on 6/14/14 – an older gentleman, "John" I believe, knowledgeable, friendly, helped decide between 2 dishes citing his reasons why.
Waitress on 8/2/14 – very good, very friendly, knew specials well.
Hostess on 8/2/14 – a young girl, very friendly and accommodating especially when I requested a specific table.

CONS:

Hostess on June 14, 2014 - middle age woman. Immediately snatched our wine bottle on arrival. She snapped at me when I mentioned we would need an ice bucket saying she was already on it. She also did not look me in the eye. I found this kind of off-putting. She asked a 'waitress' to seat us. Luckily we did not see her on 8/2/14 when we returned.
Leak and Kale soup was a bit bland. Adding salt didn’t help much.
French Onion soup was ‘ok’ but husband has had better.
Entrée: Plum tomatoes in both entrees were from can. I anticipated fresh Jersey tomatoes to be used now in the summer months. Tofu did not appear ‘sautéed’ but rather added to the dish at last minute as it did not take on the flavor of the meal.

BIGGEST CON: They charge $2.50 for an ice bucket and glasses. I have no issues when a restaurant charges for this service (usually $10) if I opt to bring my own rather than purchasing a bottle of wine at dinner. But CG does not have a full liquor license so the ‘bring your own’ was Not an option for me, but rather a necessity. It’s not the $2.50 but the principle. On our 2nd visit I requested no ice. Despite this I will be returning as I must try the other vegetarian dishes.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Breakfast for four was around 50 dollars not cheap but good food and good service--neat old converted house even has a bathtub in the bathroom!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Today, my fiancée and I, as well as our families held our engagement brunch at Caffe Galleria and it was a great experience from start to finish. We were situated in a back room, which accommodated our party and the service was friendly and professional. Our entire family loved their meals and all look forward to going back.

If you haven't been to this hidden gem, do yourself a favor and get their soon!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

The Lambertville/New Hope area has more than a few good restaurants but Caffe Galleria has to be one of the top pics. They offer great food, service and atmosphere (especially during the summer months when you can dine outdoors),

Caffe Galleria offers both a full menu of Mediterranean inspired dishes, pasta, and a full pizza menu. They have great desserts and they're BYOB so bring along your favorite wine or beer.

While they aren't part of Open Table and don't offer online reservations through their website (something they should start offering), they do take reservations over the phone.

1  Thank HeyMan76
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Not that indoor is shabbily but this may be the the best outdoor porch in New Hope/Lambertville area, perfect summertime/people watch on a side street that is just busy enough, nice menu selection for all tastes: vegan, gluton free and the rest of us. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, coffee, ice cream treats.