“Excellent!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My wife and I dined here with another couple - we went on a recommendation of a friend. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal and the atmosphere.

First, the garlic bread they serve is amazing - everyone at the table thought it was great and way better than the standard garlic bread. For an appetizer, we ordered the chicken patte (spelling?) - I have never had this before, but the others said it was very good. Our meals were the highlight - there were many items to choose from and the daily specials was a long list of various items. One person at our table got a burger, which she stated was delicious, the rest got Italian dishes. We ordered spinach ravioli, gnocchi, and stuffed rigatoni with their summer sauce (this was a daily special). All the food was excellent, but the stuffed rigatoni was amazing - probably the best Italian dish I ever tasted.

We wish we had room for dessert, but we were full - however, we did get coffee, which was a fine Italian roast.

All four of us agreed we would be going back in the near future.

There are newer reviews for DeAnna's Restaurant

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We have been to Deanna's several times before and service (or lack of) has always been an issue whenever we dine there. Our most recent dining experience at Deanna's was no exception. We had to ask several times for everything before it was finally brought to our table. In addition, we always feel as if we are being rushed to get in and out of the restaurant. Every time we have dined at Deanna's our entrees have always come out while we were just two or three minutes in the middle of our salads and/or appetizers. To compound the matter, the table for two is so small there was no room on the table for the waitress to put the entrees so she scurried back to the kitchen and more than likely put them under the lights to keep them warm until we were finished with the first course. This is not a good practice especially if the entrée kept warm under the lights is seafood as it was in our case.

I am of Italian descent and also a chef. The food at Deanna's is average at best. The salads that accompany the overpriced entrees consist of a few pieces of dressed red lettuce thrown on a plate. That's it...nothing else. BORING. The "homemade" pasta of the evening that I was permitted to choose to accompany my entree was spaghetti and the pasta was well past al dente. It was overcooked to the point where it was almost mush. In addition, the chef chose to break the spaghetti into 2 & 3 inch pieces which should never be done in an authentic Italian restaurant.

In summary, the owner of this restaurant needs to train the front of the house proper restaurant etiquette and proper manners while the back of the house revisits simple cooking techniques to better execute the food presented to its diners in order to provide a more enjoyable dining experience.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

LOVE Deanna's - we've gone there for years and years. We especially like to sit at the bar, enjoy a nice glass of wine, listen to the live music and can't help ourselves but order the pasta bolognese! Deanna makes her own pasta and the best bolognese we've ever had. The low lighting and cozy feel keep us coming back too. Consistently good food.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

DeAnna's is a bit off the beaten path in Lambertville, but always buzzing with Happy Diners.
Their Friday Happy Hour with $1.00 wonderful raw oysters beckons you in to a convivial scene. The bartender knows everyone's favorite drinks and fun to watch him perform.
Tuesday's Locals Dinner, besides being a bargain showcases the Chef's talents. Her desserts are hard to share, get one for yourself.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband planned this family outing for my birthday dinner once I requested that we eat at a place with homemade pasta. We are from out of town and were in the area for a soccer game. The atmosphere is quaint with a very nice outdoor seating area. The garlic bread is amazing! I highly recommend ordering it. We got some of their house bread which comes complementary as well. You may have to ask for it if you order the garlic bread though. I ordered pasta with clams and capers. It was not something I would order again. Although clams and pasta are my favorite Italian meal, I don't think I am fond of clams and capers together. They have plenty of featured items. The rest of our party was highly satisfied with what they ordered. Service was great as well.