“Pleasant experience”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lavallette
The Lamplight Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lavallette
Reviewed 11 September 2012

This motel is a hidden Gem at the Jersey Shore. Our original reservation was August 2011, at which time the Lamplight called us and informed us that the town of Lavallette was being evacuated due to a hurricane. The Lamplight offered to refund our deposit, or we could hold reservation and come another time. We opted to come again....2011 came and went and we forgot about our credit. August 2012 came, and when discussing our lost vacation from the previous year, We called the Lamplight and made another reservation fully expecting to pay. To my surprise, three hours after I made reservation, Anne Marie, the manager of the motel called me to remind me that We did have a two night credit and advised that this credit would be applied.

Upon check in We were welcomed warmly, offered coffee, and even offered us beach tags for the beach. Our room was clean, deck outside our room was clean and had comfortable seating. We had three wonderful days staying there, and anything we needed, employees were right there to help...I already booked for next year.

I can't say enough good about this motel and the staff.

Tony and Alicia

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bigtony1357

Reviewed 6 September 2012

It's not often you find a place down the shore that feels just as comfortable as renting a house near the beach. This is a great option if you want a great location, great customer service, a good value and a friendly atmosphere. You can't go wrong with the Lamplight. Anemarie and her staff will take good care of you. The rooms are cozy, the bathrooms clean with good water pressure in the shower. The rooms have a small refrigerator which is convenient to hold onto your snacks and beverages while at the beach. The pool is clean and inviting. The Lamplight never disappoints. It's my home away from home in Lavallette.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Kathryn B
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I wish I could have given this place a better ranking. It seems nice and new, and the rooms are much nicer than I expected from a Jersey shore motel. But as soon as we checked in I was hit right in the face with a horrible cigarette smell. The woman that checked us in was helpful and informative (I assume the owner). I could see a pack of cigarettes and lighter plus an ashtray with cigarette butts behind the front desk. After I saw this I really had very little hope of anything good.

Once we got in our room, (that was very nice) I used the bathroom and picked up a towel and WHAM... there it was again. The horrible cigarette smell was in my towel. I walked to a room that turned out to be the laundry facility hoping to switch our towels with some fresh ones. No one was in there but I could see another large ashtray on the washing machine filled with cigarette butts. At that moment I knew I would not ever get fresh towels. Every day of our stay the cigarette odor was in our towels! We actually used beach towels we brought from home for showering and bought a few cheap beach towels in a local store for beach use.

I really wish I could have given this place a better review. Hopefully the owners will make changes to address the cigarette odor.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank LTtravelUSA
Lamplightmanager, Owner at The Lamplight Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2012

Smoking at the Lamplight Motel is limited to our outside patio and Sun Deck. At no time was there smoking or full ashtrays in the office. Our housekeeping department does use our Laundry Room to clean our outdoor ashtrays, therefore what you may have seen is my staff doing their Jobs and keeping both the rooms and our outside patios clean. All Lamplight employees that do smoke, do so in our designated smoking areas.

Reviewed 14 July 2012

Very nice, clean motel room. Pool area clean with comfy chairs. Staff pleasant and helpful.
1 Block to beach and convienent to shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank NJMICKEY
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I booked 7 rooms for myself and for family members this past Memorial Day weekend. We stayed there because it was close to our parent’s beach house in Lavallette and we were going to surprise our Mom for her birthday. Our family came from all over; Washington, DC, California, Michigan, Florida, Texas. We took a chance on the Lamplight Motel and we were completely satisfied with the rooms and the service. We were thinking about staying in Seaside Heights, but staying in Seaside on Memorial Day weekend is not the best place to be with small children, but the Lamplight was the perfect place for the children. The Lamplight did not let us down. Our Mom’s surprise birthday party went off without a hitch and some of the credit is due to the Lamplight Motel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank DCWestEndGuy
Reviewed 1 July 2012

My friend and I recently decided to have a girls' weekend and headed down to the Lamplight. We were both very happy with the accommodations! The people at the desk were courteous and helpful. The room and bathroom were very clean, and the AC was a new unit and worked GREAT! The bathroom was really nice and tastefully re-done. The shower pressure and hot water worked wonderfully, which is not always the case with shore motels. We were only a block away from the beach and within walking distance to the Lavallette business district, Dunkin' Donuts, and little places to grab some food. This motel is five minutes from Seaside and ten minutes from Point Pleasant. It was all families when we went, which was nice, and the motel was quiet at night. Parking was not an issue, and the place was completely booked. The pool is very small, but who cares? You're there for the beach! One tip: Each room gets two free beach tags, but they don't tell you this upon check-out, so just ask and they'll gladly give them to you. I will definitely be returning to this motel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank BeatleGina
Reviewed 15 September 2011

My husband and I have been staying at the Lamplight each and every year for the past 7 years. We truly love the quiet and relaxing atmosphere of Lavallette and the Lamplight Motel is the perfect place to stay while we are there. The motel was renovated a few years ago which we were very happy to see. The rooms are very comfortable and clean with fresh coffee available every morning in the lobby. There is a nice outdoor sun porch area on the second floor where you can sit back and enjoy a book. We love to spend our mornings at the beach and then come back to the Lamplight and relax by the pool with a nice cold beverage.

The service is warm and inviting. The location is very convenient to the nearby restaurants and shops that Lavallette has to offer. It is just a few minute walk up to the beach (1 block). The Lamplight has become one of our favorite places to stay at the shore and will continue to be back year after year!

Room Tip: Rooms are quieter on the top floor.