“not what it use to be”

Add it.
Colonial Bakery
Ranked #1 of 5 Dessert in Lavallette
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This use to be the go to place for cinnamon bread, pastries etc especially after dinner. well if you eat a 7pm dinner forget about going this place it closes at 8pm in mid summer???????????? service was subpar for us. cinnamon bread was sliced into pieces and we did not find out until we got back to our house. RUDE.. Also, glazed chocolate donuts and black and white cookie thrown into bag. This place is now very disappointing as I have been going there for the past 45 years. Go to Ebbys in seaside park. well worth the drive!!!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Fantastic muffins and coffee cake, we even took home a loaf of cinnamon bread and cute flip-flop cookies. There are also many healthy options like almond chocolate protein balls and smoothies. Worth a stop!

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Everything here is fresh and SO good. I bought a loaf of fresh baked cinnamon bread, had it sliced and made French toast with it. Also bought a strawberry shortcake. Both were delicious. We stop here numerous times each trip to Lavallette.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

A must stop for fresh baked delights!! Crumb cake that comes in a few varieties are usually available every day. They have a great selection of specialty cakes, coffee rings, pastries, cookies, bread, rolls and so much more. Try the raisin bread covered in cinnamon sugar. They also carry sugar free baked items that are also very good.

Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

I live up in Bergen County where everyone raves about B&W Bakery in Hackensack. Colonial Bakery puts B&W to shame! I go to the one inSunset Manor, and it still has that old-fashioned feel with the chain that they pull to change the ticket number when they're ready to take a new order. I have ordered many different things over the years and my opinion is that you can't go wrong with anything that you order there. I do recommend the character cookies (lobsters, Elmo, etc.), rolls, crumb cake, and donuts. Soooo good.