“Great value, clean accommodation” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Princeton - Ewing

Red Roof Inn Princeton - Ewing
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lawrenceville
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great value, clean accommodation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for five days unplanned. Clean spacious and comfortable rooms that were regularly serviced. Hit the coldest spell of the year but the room stayed well insulated and warm. Very comfortable bed and good facilities. Why pay more? No breakfast, but some coffee to get you started in the morning. Can thoroughly recommend this hotel for anybody.

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
RedRoof111, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Princeton - Ewing, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at our 100% smoke free property, We have been recently renovated with new amenities in the rooms with large flat screen TV's , Plush high end bedding, New modern design flooring, all this is added to our existing amenities of free Wi-Fi, local calls, long distance calls in continental U S, Our Superior King rooms with large work station, in room coffee microwave refrigerator, Free expanded cable including HBO CNN ESPN and more.
I will positively share your feedback with my team.
We look forward to your future stays, and appreciate your business. Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Turkish first
Milford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed overnight during a family emergency and was happy with the experience. The room was very clean and the front desk staff were helpful and friendly. The room is basic but comfortable.

Also, try Joe's Crab Shack right next door for a great meal.

Stayed November 2013
RedRoof111, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Princeton - Ewing, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback, Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at our 100% smoke free property, We have been recently renovated with new amenities in the rooms with large flat screen TV's, Plush high end bedding, New Modern design flooring all this is added to the existing amenities of free Wi-Fi, local calls, long distance calls in the continental US, Free Expanded Cable including HBO,CNN, ESPN and more.
Our Superior King rooms have a large workstation, In room coffee, and Microfridge.

We have great restaurants in the area to name a few Cheesecake factory, Joe's Crabshack and the newly opened Brio. and soon to open Bonefish Grill and Outback.
We Look forward to your future stays and appreciate your business, Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

We stayed for one night. It is generally good for its price.
It is close to Princeton University.
A bit noisy during night and the wall is thin.
It looks like a motel but it is better than a motel.
Good enough for a short term stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
RedRoof111, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Princeton - Ewing, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Thank you for giving us your feedback, glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at our 100% Smoke free property, We have been recently renovated with new amenities in the rooms with large screen TV's Plush high bedding, new Modern design flooring, all this added to our existing amenities of free Wi-Fi, local calls, long distance calls in the continental U S our Superior King rooms with a large work station, in room coffee microwave, refrigerator, Free Expanded cable including HBO, CNN ESPN and more
We look forward to your future stays and appreciate your business Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn.
Union, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

This was my second time at this particular RRI. I only stayed two nights and had no problems. I chose this location because of it's proximity to Route 1 and 295 (a blessing and a curse as I will reveal later). The front desk staff was friendly - even though it seemed they were doing many tasks at once (answering the phone, checking people in and taking care of something on the computer). As requested, I was given a key to a room that had an iron, a double bed, a refrigerator and microwave. There is a major mall a quarter of a mile away and a great restaurant a few steps away. After reading reviews, i realized that my frequent travels have required me to do advanced research of the hotel and surrounding areas I will be staying at so I know what to ask for. I suggest you do the same! It will make you stay more enjoyable. The only thing i had a problem with was the reason I stayed there - the roads. While the multitude of roads leading into the area allow you to get to many places by car, getting out of the hotel onto the highways is a nightmare, especially during rush hour. You can wait 5-10 min to exit the hotel. At the end of November I will be staying at another RRI in the Washington DC area. I hope it as good as this one.

Room Tip: check out the area via google maps satellite to see what rooms have access to light in the morning.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing our 100% smoke free property a second time and looking to stay at another red roof Inn in the future as well We really appreciate your loyalty and would suggest you becoming a redicard member which is a point based Program in which you accumulate points for each stay of yours and in return you will earn a free room nights which can be redeemed at any Red Roof Inn in the country.
I will positively share your experience with my team.
We look forward to your future stays, and appreciate your business.
Greenbelt, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

I would give this room a one star if the front desk woman wasn't so friendly.

We stayed two nights here.

The first night (terrible)

Room 123
1. Mosquitoes swarming, I was bit in many places on my body. Before going to bed we thought they were gnats which was bad enough, but upon getting bites I realized what they really were.

2. Stain on sheets. Possibly not cleaned before we got there.

3. Bathroom floor dirty

4. Broken fridge that made abnormal sounds and sat right next to the bed causing us to have to unplug it.

5. Not their fault exactly. Paper thin walls so we could hear the neighbors having sex all night and later at 4am smokers outside talking very loudly while smoking outside.

6. "Free Wifi" extremely poor signal.

Long story short, no sleep, extremely grossed out. Not happy at all.

We took pics of the bugs and the stains.

We told the front desk and had to repeatedly return to the office to try to get a new room with them saying "one more hour and the cleaning staff will be here" therefore stealing time away from our day because I refused to take a shower in the old gross room.

I was shocked that they didn't offer a discount, comp stay, nothing.

When we finally got our new room (140) it seemed to be of higher quality. The fridge was across the room and quieter. The wifi was of higher signal. No bugs.

My husband had a hard time pulling out of the parking lot in all cases due to the high amount of traffic

Regardless, they should have done more for us. I won't recommend this place regardless of lower price.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
We are sorry to hear about your experience in the first room, I am sorry it took long to move to another room, which did turn out to be pleasant, Hope you will give us an opportunity to serve you again soon.
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

My son and I check in and was given a room on top floor...OMG you open the door and the smell of must and something hits you. The bathroom was full of rust, mattress sunk in middle, furniture old with worn upholstery, and chipped paint. I ran back down to front desk and to my surprise they had an attitude because I wanted a refund and refused to stay in such filth. After about 1/2 hr of back and forth and 911 on speed dial to assist in this situation, I got my refund and left. Im an honest reviewer trust me...you don't want to stay here!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Kayskatering
I am sorry to hear about your experience at the Inn We are taking serious steps to make guests feel welcome and comfortable during their stay at the Inn,
I do apologize for your experience, we look forward to serving you in the near future.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

Me and my kids stayed over night to go to six flags. First off they only give you two towels and two wash clothes, so I called down to the front desk for more, after waiting over an hour no one ever came so I had to drive to the front to get them. Then the rooms comes with no iron so you have to go to the front desk to get one when I get to the front desk they have no more so we had to wear our clothes wrinkled, mind you the hotel was no where near fully booked. I will never stay here again I rather pay more money and stay some where else.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Ilovemylife32
We are extremely sorry for your experience, and hope you will give us an opportunity to serve you again, We do provide Hairdryers, Iron and Iron boards in our Superior King rooms as a standard feature, for all other guests we provide them at our front desk.
Once again my sincere apologies for your the unpleasant stay
and we hope you will give us an opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lawrenceville
Comfort Inn of Princeton
Hampton Inn Princeton
Hampton Inn Princeton
#1 of 15 in Princeton
SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South

Been to Red Roof Inn Princeton - Ewing? Share your experiences!