“Awesome staff and sweet location”

Red Roof Inn Princeton - Ewing
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lawrenceville
“Awesome staff and sweet location”
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel is awesome clean rooms friendly and awesome front desk staff that help in any way possible. Always look forward to staying here. Bonus on all the clean grassy areas to potty my dogs great location to the area as well

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
RedRoof111, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Princeton - Ewing, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
We are extremely proud of our staff and their willingness to always go above and beyond to make our guests’ stay as comfortable as possible. The housekeeping and front desk team work very hard to keep our guest rooms and public spaces sparkling clean and as a company, Red Roof Inn prides itself on always being pet friendly at no additional cost.

We look forward to your future stays, and appreciate your business Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn. , We have been recently renovated 100% SMOKE FREE PROEPRTY with new amenities in the rooms with large flat screen TVs, Plush high end bedding, New Modern design flooring, all this is added to our existing amenities of Free Wi-fi, local calls, long distance calls in the continental U S, Our Superior King rooms with large workstation, in room coffee microwave refrigerator, Free expanded cable including HBO CNN ESPN and more.
I will positively share your feedback with my team.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Turkish first
Bombay
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I was a client visit to Princeton and in his infinite wisdom he put me up at the Red Roof Inn. Since I was there only for a couple nights, I did not really care but I wouldn't want to stay here for long. The free wifi was a redeeming factor. The rooms are comfy and the service was along expected lines. Keep your expectations low for a $50 a night hotel and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
RedRoof111, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Princeton - Ewing, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time for giving us your feedback,, happy to hear you enjoyed your stay especially the free wi-fi with us, We have been recently renovated 100% SMOKE FREE PROPERTY with new amenities in the rooms with large flat screen TVs, Plush high end bedding, New Modern design flooring, all this is added to our existing amenities of Free Wi-fi, local calls, long distance calls in the continental U S, Our Superior King rooms with large workstation, in room coffee microwave refrigerator, Free expanded cable including HBO CNN ESPN and more.
also there are a bunch of restaurants in the area for dining pleasure and the Quaker bridge mall across from the hotel for shopping needs, makes it an ideal location.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 11 March 2014

My wife and I had no problem with a late check in around 10pm. We were greeted very well by the Front Desk Staff. The room was newly renovated, comfortable and very clean. I had no problem gaining Wi-Fi access, allowing me to gain online access without having to go to a business center. I will stay again the next time I am in the area.

Tim K.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time for giving us your feedback,, happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, We have been recently renovated 100% SMOKE FREE PROPERTY with new amenities in the rooms with large flat screen TVs, Plush high end bedding, New Modern design flooring, all this is added to our existing amenities of Free Wi-fi, local calls, long distance calls in the continental U S, Our Superior King rooms with large workstation, in room coffee microwave refrigerator, Free expanded cable including HBO CNN ESPN and more.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I was thoroughly satisfied with my stay at this property. I was driving and needed to sleep. I made my non-guaranteed reservation from the road and paid around 80 bucks at check-in. The room was newly renovated, and I loved the flat-screen television. The wifi was free and worked very well. The bed was extremely comfortable. Everything was very clean. The room looked brand new. Check-in was fast and efficient, and I just left my key in the room when I departed. I was really impressed with Red Roof Inn's newly renovated rooms. They were nice before, but now I love them!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
RedRoof111, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Princeton - Ewing, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time for giving us your feedback,, happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, We have been recently renovated 100% SMOKE FREE PROEPRTY with new amenities in the rooms with large flat screen TVs, Plush high end bedding, New Modern design flooring, all this is added to our existing amenities of Free Wi-fi, local calls, long distance calls in the continental U S, Our Superior King rooms with large workstation, in room coffee microwave refrigerator, Free expanded cable including HBO CNN ESPN and more.
Cleveland Heights, Ohio
Reviewed 13 February 2014

We paid only $46 for one night at this place, so I can't complain too much. The staff was friendly, the recently updated room was reasonably attractive, the bed and pillows were comfortable, the shower worked fine, and we had plenty of peace and quiet. Our biggest complaint has to do with how the room smelled. When we first walked in, we were almost knocked over by the aroma of an obnoxious air freshener or deodorizer. Shortly afterward, we realized that the room had probably been sprayed in an attempt to cover up the heavy, gag-producing stench of stale cigarette smoke. And this was supposed to be a nonsmoking room. Also, the TV picture was way too dark. Overall, though, we got a good night's sleep at a reasonable rate.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
RedRoof111, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Princeton - Ewing, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time for giving us your feedback, sorry about the strong chemical odor in the room, we will for sure fix this, Glad to hear you otherwise enjoyed your stay with us, We have been recently renovated 100% SMOKE FREE PROEPRTY with new amenities in the rooms with large flat screen TVs, Plush high end bedding, New Modern design flooring, all this is added to our existing amenities of Free Wi-fi, local calls, long distance calls in the continental U S, Our Superior King rooms with large workstation, in room coffee microwave refrigerator, Free expanded cable including HBO CNN ESPN and more.
Princeton Junction, New Jersey
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Normally I stay at Marriott or Sheraton but since this was a work stay not pleasure, decided to try and save a few bucks. I stayed here due to terrible snowstorm and based upon others reviews here that it was clean. When I got there my room wasn't even ready. The maid said 3 minutes. Imagine my surprise when surface after surface was disgustingly dirty. I have a feeling she never cleaned the room - only wish she'd said so I easily and willingly would have gone back to the check in desk to ask for a different room.

I had to call housekeeping to change the sheets that had hairs and black ashes on them and when the woman came she tried to hand it to me instead of changing them herself. The counters had same black ashes and dried liquid spots, pillowcases had black marks, found ashes in cubby under night-table, saw dried dirt on floor by toilet (yuk), the faucet was full of dirty soap marks. Didn't want to touch anything.

Pluses were great heating system on artic cold night, microwave and fridge in room, free tea/coffee in room, and decent bed, and good lighting for reading. Not worth the $ I saved was worst motel room ever. Staff was apologetic but clearly the quality control here needs major improvement.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
RedRoof111, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Princeton - Ewing, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
I am extremely sorry for your experience, I can assure strong measures have been taken to rectify this situation, I have had a team briefing wherein your experience has been reviewed with the team members so this does not occur again.
We Hope you will give us an opportunity to be of service to you again in the near future.

We have been recently renovated with new amenities in the rooms with large flat screen TV's , Plush high end bedding, New modern design flooring, all this is added to our existing amenities of free Wi-Fi, local calls, long distance calls in continental U S, Our Superior King rooms with large work station, in room coffee microwave refrigerator, Free expanded cable including HBO CNN ESPN and more.
Also we have a wide range of new restaurants opened up in the area such as Cheesecake factory, Brio, and Bonefish Grill. Also the Quakerbridge Mall is right across from the Inn.
Look forward to your next visit.

Travellers are raving about these Lawrenceville hotels

Mirabel, Qc
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Clean and quiet.
Very nice and friendly staff.
Pet friendly without charge.
So... your typical Red Roof.
Close to the Princeton University campus, and also to stores and restaurants.
Near the many highways to everywhere on the east coast.

Room Tip: I recommend paying just a few more dollars for the king bedroom with microwave. Do not forget to d...