“Menu is a novel”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Ewing, New Jersey
“Menu is a novel”
Reviewed 19 January 2013

New location in Quakerbridge mall is a welcomed change. Menu was chapters long took me 20 minutes to decide. Food was just ok. May give it a second chance.

Visited January 2013

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
East Windsor NJ
“Great food and service”
Reviewed 30 December 2012

You can never go wrong with the cheesecake factory. Quaker bridge location is beautifully decorated. the food was served quickly hot and was delicious. Person who ordered a burger said it was cooked exactly as ordered. The drinks and cheesecake were amazing.

Visited December 2012
Ewing, New Jersey
“enjoyable”
Reviewed 23 December 2012

a fun place.. love the cheesecakes and the presentation too.. decent food options, not so many for a vegetarian.. I like it nonetheless..

Visited December 2012
Princeton, New Jersey
“Service is average- Food with a bad produce”
Reviewed 23 December 2012

We are a regular customer at the chain- from Boston to Washington DC and beyond- though we seem to like most of these chain restaurant locations. A recently opened Quaker Bridge mall location was visited the second time, and we were not happy with the service in both visits. The last visit also experienced spoiled produce in one of the dishes. Manager came and took the price off from the final bill, but was not very apologetic. The tone was as if we should have pointed out the problem in our first bite. It takes a few bites to know which particular ingredient in a mix of several things could be wrong, without being overly critical of the food. Anyway, we are going to give it a try one more time, before giving up on this location. As I wrote, we are generally pleased with the chain-- this location could have issues, that you need to be aware of when making a trip. Comment on your experience as well. Thanks

• Visited November 2012
Yardville, New Jersey
“Seems to be improving”
Reviewed 16 December 2012

This Cheesecake Factory opened about 3 months ago. While early reviews were not good, I have to say our visit this week went well. First, it is located in Quaker Bridge Mall so it was bound to be crowded this time of year. We also went on a Saturday night. I figured we were doomed from the start.

We first tried to park out in front but - Christmas time at the mall - no luck. We went around to the other side of the mall and parked at Lord and Taylors. It is opposite the corridor that has the Cheesecake Factory (CF) so we had a quick walk thru. We came in the back of the restaurant from the mall entrance which is a little confusing.

While typical CF decor, it seemed darker than other CFs we have visited, even in the bathrooms. We went to the front and put our names in. We were told 40 minutes and the place was mobbed. We received a pager. My husband went to the bar while I left to do one Christmas shopping errand. I got back just as the pager went off. Chris escorted to our seat and was very charming.

Our waiter was Josh B and he was terrific throughout the meal. Knowledgeable and friendly (but not too friendly!), I am glad we got him. Though, looking around, all the staff seemed to be on their games - everyone looked efficient and fast.

My husband had gotten a Lynchburg Lemonade at the bar. The bartender was making it a different way than normal but readily corrected it when my husband pointed it out to her. I had a Blue Moon at the table - tasted fine.

The menu was enormous - Josh said they have over 200 items and I believed it. The menu is actually a book.

For an appetizer, we tried the Vietnamese Tacos. Not sure I thought they were from Vietnam or were tacos but they were yummy. Three steam bread rolls with tangy pork and asian slaw within. Tasty, a little unusual and definitely something I would order again.

For dinner, my husband tried the Bang Bang Shrimp and Chicken and found it delicious. I tried Steak Diane and Herb Crusted Salmon (one of their combination plates). The steak medallions were cooked medium as requested and came with a mushroom and onion topping. Not liking mushrooms, I had planned to scrape them off but I actually ate some cause they looked tasty (and were!). The other half of the plate was the Herb Crusted Salmon in a lemony sauce with asparagus. Also tasty but I am not sure the lemon sauce went with the mashed potatoes down the middle of the plate. But I would order it again.

Of course, we had to have cheesecake for dessert. My husband had the fresh banana and I had the apple caramel. Both were excellent.

We did not experience any service delays and our waiter was attentive without being intrusive. I have heard from friends that the Sunday Brunch is still a little slow - the food items are only made that one day and the chefs are still not used to making them.

The restaurant itself was noisy and on the dark side, as I said before. The rest rooms were clean and had strange Dyson hand dryers. Better for the environment but weird to use.

The only tip I would add is to perhaps NOT go to this restaurant during a busy period if you have a big party. The only way to accommodate a large party is to pull smaller table together. When it is packed, it looked like this was hard to arrange.

• Visited December 2012