“Standard Courtyard”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lebanon
Arlington, Virginia
“Standard Courtyard”
Reviewed 3 February 2013

I stayed here for a business trip and it was one of the only hotels in the area of a meeting so it's not like I had a choice although as a Marriott Rewards member, I was happy to stay here to earn my points. The best thing about this hotel is it's your standard Courtyard -- in fact it looked exactly like the Courtyard I've stayed at in San Diego when I'm there for work, which is probably what Marriott is going for. Idea being familiarity is a good thing for road warriors. I stayed in a deluxe queen room and it was spacious and comfortable. The worst thing about the Courtyards is the bathrooms. I appreciate how the sink is separate from the toilet and shower but the bathrooms are just functional with no style or decor. I hate how the coffee maker is right in the sink area as it takes up precious counter space for toiletries, etc. and who wants to think about making coffee in the bathroom?!! The best thing about the Courtyards are the rooms with all the necessities for business travelers - lots of outlets, iHome docking stations, couches, desks, etc. and of course the main lobby bar and casual eating area. My colleagues and I hung out in the lobby bar both nights before dinner and it was fun to chill a bit there after all day meetings. The hotel staff were very friendly -- from the front desk staff who offered us umbrellas one night it was raining as we headed out to dinner, to the wait staff at the lobby restaurant who comped my breakfast one morning since they ran out of something I wanted the morning before. The hotel fitness center was pretty nice -- several treadmills and machines although the water cooler needed to be colder as the water it dispensed was lukewarm. Overall I had a comfortable stay and it was on par with the overall Courtyard experience you'd expect.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Walpole, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Room was just "OK". Beds were not as comfortable as the Marriott beds to which I am usually accustomed. Towels were small and getting thin. Nice new lobby. Gym is small but functional (cardio equipment, free weights up to 50 lbs, and a bench). Big disappointment with the pool area. The pool is small (15 ft x 20 ft, 3.0-4.5 ft deep). A big factor in choosing this hotel was that their web site showed a photo of the pool area with a jacuzzi. Unfortunately, when we arrived, we found out that the jacuzzi was removed about 3 weeks ago. As a result, without the heat from the jacuzzi, although the pool itself is heated, the pool area is cold and not very inviting. My kids were looking forward to a swim, and my wife and I were really looking forward to the jacuzzi. When I informed the front desk about our disappointment, there was no apology or offer of compensation. We checked out after one day. We stayed here a few years ago and had a great stay, but not this time. Also keep in mind that this hotel gets a lot of baseball teams for tournaments at the nearby Diamond Nation. If you're staying here for business and don't plan on spending much time in the hotel, then it's fine, but families may be disappointed.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, ask for a room away from any wedding parties & baseball teams.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 18 December 2012 via mobile

Nice pool a bit small.

Excellent gym

The hotel was a good place to stay and dad liked it.

The woman at the front desk was very friendly when I checked in at night.

he was he was so happy when he came home.

Daddy end yeah and daddy Emily late

• Stayed December 2012
New York City, New York
Reviewed 15 November 2012

I have stayed here many times. The staff is wonderful and very accommodating, and they always remember me when I come back. This is a very cost effective business hotel. No bells and whistles, but it gets it done. New bistro is very nicely done.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Andrew S
North Wildwood, New Jersey
Reviewed 11 November 2012

We spent one unremarkable night here. It was typical Marriott quality and service. The room quality was fine; the room carpet was a little dated. The only thing that stood out was the on-site Bistro restaurant -- great atmosphere but overpriced.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Florida
Reviewed 4 November 2012

I stayed here for one night only after attending a wedding reception in the area. Due in part to Hurricane Sandy and some type of baseball tournament, the hotel was at full capacity.

I tried twice to check in after the stated 3pm check in time (once around 3:30 pm or so and again around 5:00 pm) and was unable to do so because housekeeping had not yet been able to get all the rooms with king bed and sofabed (what I had reserved) ready for the next guests. I am guessing Hurricane Sandy brought this hotel more guests than they were probably prepared to initially handle (many residents in the area were still without power) resulting in the delay in getting rooms ready for newly arriving guests. For this reason, I do not at all fault the hotel as Hurricane Sandy was an extraordinary event and I do believe the staff was working as quickly as they could to get all guests into their rooms.

On to the pros and cons~
Pros:
-Close to Routes 78 and 22.

-Clean room with nice amenities.

-Bistro and marketplace on-site.

Cons:
-Close to a fire station so you may hear the loud blaring of the siren should the fire department need to go out on a call (as I did at 6 am on a Sunday morning).

-While the in-room coffee was complimentary, in my room the piece needed to hold the coffee pack in place was not on the coffee maker so I could not make coffee in my room. I was not that pressed to have it so I did not call the front desk to see if they could give me a replacement coffee maker, but I am guessing had I, they would have accommodated my request if they could. But no point in having the coffee maker in the room if it is missing some of the pieces required to use it.

-Similar to the coffee maker, while my room had a mini-fridge, a piece on the back of it appeared to be broken (see picture) and it was unplugged (I presume because it didn't work). Again, I did not need to have use of it, but assuming it was broken it was just an eyesore in the room.

-Limited hours of the bistro...considering the hotel was at full capacity and some guests were just hanging out in the lobby waiting to check in, management should have considered having extended hours during this time, which would have brought the hotel more business I am sure. When I couldn't check in, I ended up leaving the hotel and going to a local eatery for food and drinks, but had the bistro been open, I would have given the hotel that business and other guests mentioned they would have done the same.

In summary, I would stay at this hotel again (if I needed to in order to be close to something in the area). It was clean and the staff was attentive, both of which are very important to me when I am spending my money with an establishment.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank LYNNIE72
Reviewed 25 October 2012 via mobile

Nothing wrong at all...thank goodness! It was a very comfortable and uneventful stay! I like that! I had a business meeting at the Holiday inn...stayed there last year for the same meeting...it was not my kinda place to stay even though the price was a lot less than this Marriott. But to me...I need a nicer place and room...besides...love my points at Marriott! I thought the check in girl was friendly and welcoming, the lobby and bistro bar looked nice, and rooms were nice. I had a beautiful view (I was facing the front of the hotel!) Glad to open my window ( the two inches) for the Fall breeze. Bathroom was small and not much counter space for all of my toiletries....plus...coffee pot was there too. Oh well...it was clean and still do-able. Overall, I would recommend and also would stay here again. Unfortunately I did not get a good rate...it is a bit pricy...that is the one drawback.

• Stayed October 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lebanon
Hampton Inn Clinton
Residence Inn Bridgewater Branchburg
Hampton Inn Flemington
Hampton Inn Flemington
#1 of 3 in Flemington

Been to Courtyard Lebanon? Share your experiences!