“great find off I-78” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lebanon
Mid Hudson, New York
“great find off I-78”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

Visitors eastbound on I-78 will need to exit about 2 miles west to reach the hotel so be sure to understand clearly the directions beforehand. The hotel is right up to snuff on Courtyard standards, lobby and public areas have a fine appearance, staff cheerful and courteous. The Bistro dining area was not open due to low occupancy (!) The room assigned was spacious, very comfortably furnished, excellent bed, linens and room heating. Quiet - no corridor noise, well removed from traffic noise, perfect. Bath well fitted out, spacious, excellent towels, bathmats etc, Overall excellent bang for buck. As this is on a route used several times a year, I will certainly stay here again - the entry back to I-78 East is hardly half a mile from the hotel and very convenient. No comment on dining or breakfast - see above.- there is a very good tavern about a mile away so I had no problems.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Herbie D, General Manager at Courtyard Lebanon, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Greetings,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Courtyard Lebanon. We are excited to see that your visit was enjoyable and comfortable. I apologize about the closure of our Bistro, but I do hope that our staff was willing to direct you in the right direction as it pertains to dining opportunities in the area.
Thank you again and we hope to see you again!

Courtyard Lebanon by Marriott
herbert.duartejr@marriott.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

Stayed overnight enroute from Cincinnati to Rhode Island. Tricky to find - it looks like it's right next to the highway exit (if you're headed east), but you have to get off one exit early and drive 2 miles parallel to the interstate - not a problem, just unexpected. Driveway tough to find in the dark and not well marked. However, hotel was clean and staff was friendly. Decent breakfast service (though for a charge), free papers & Starbucks coffee. Decent restaurants nearby (we had a great meal at Chelsea's, about 1-2 miles up the road). Would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Herbie D, General Manager at Courtyard Lebanon, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Greetings,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Courtyard Lebanon. I am extremely excited to see that we were able to provide a comfortable stay and that our staff was friendly and accomodating. We take pride in making sure that all of our guests have a wonderful time and I see we accomplished our goal! We hope to see you again! Have a wonderful Holiday Season.

Darien, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

You know the floor-plan and modernized look all too well, but what makes this hotel so special is the staff. They are quick, efficient, cordial and engaging. They really make you feel at home.

The breakfast gal was clucking over clients like a mother hen, directing the drowsy guests to the coffee, asking if they'll be back again on Monday, inquiring how they enjoyed their oatmeal. This woman clearly enjoyed and took pride in her work.

The front desk clerk at check-in was quick and later when I returned to buy some snacks, didn't make me wait til he'd checked in the next guest to pay, instead catching my room number and saying "I got it".

Wow. Whoever handles HR at this property should be a case study for the entire chain. I'm Gold Rewards and have NEVER seen a nicer, better staff. Kudos to all.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the south side of the hotel that's NOT facing the Interstate... much quieter.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Herbie D, General Manager at Courtyard Lebanon, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Greetings,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience at the Courtyard Lebanon. Our goal is to make sure all of our guests leave 100% happy. I am extremely excited to see that our staff was able to provide a memorable experience. They pride themselves in service delivery and they will be excited to see your comments!
We hope to have you again!

Livingston, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

I checked in late and left with late check out. Check in went pretty quickly and the staff was courteous.

When I got to the room it was a good sized room that was clean as well as a clean bathroom. The beds and linens were in good shape, so I fell asleep quickly and woke up fine the next morning. The AC is a bit on the noisy side, but it didn't keep me from falling asleep.

I would go back and and would not hesitate recommending it to anyone who is looking for a clean and not to expensive place to stay. I had a slight problem and the staff was very understanding and accommodating . Thank you and see you again. John B.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Herbie D, General Manager at Courtyard Lebanon, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Greetings,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience at the Courtyard Lebanon. We are extremely happy that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to provide a fantastic experience.
We take pride in making sure our guests leave happy and we are excited to see we accomplished our goal. We hope to see you again!

Houston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

This place has a nice vibe when you walk in. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was perfect for my trip. But, still not 5 stars, and not 4 stars because....The rooms were just average, the bed was uncomfortable and the air conditioning/heating was loud, which can be good if your neighbor is loud too as the walls are thin. The wireless, while free, does not have much bandwidth, so I kept getting knocked off trying to finish work later at night. I think floor 3 is a smoking floor because my non smoking room smelled of smoke both days I returned from being out without the A/C on. Despite this, I will stay here again as there's not much else close to where I need to be.

Room Tip: Face the front, the rear rooms front I-78
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Herbie D, General Manager at Courtyard Lebanon, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Greetings,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Courtyard Lebanon. I appreciate your honesty regarding your visit as constructive criticism is always appreciated. I am sorry that you experienced some noise issues during your stay and that wireless was not working adequately. Our goal is to make sure all of our guests leave 100% happy and I am excited that you still found our hotel as an acceptable place to visit. If you are ever in the area again and need assistance with reservations please feel free to reach out to me as we would be more than happy to have you again.

Franklin, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

Friendly staff, clean room, the hotel looked like brand new. Room size was excellent and was sound-proof. The common area has comfortable couches to watch a show of sit and read. There are plenty of computers at your disposal as well. I've stayed at Courtyards before, and just like the other ones, servide at the food kiosk was slow, but if you aren't in a rush (or plan ahead, which I didn't do), the wait won't bother you. But that is a minor complaint and shouldn't take away from the great stay I had.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Greetings,
I am so glad to see your stay was comfortable and enjoyable I truly enjoy the fact that you were able to identify the friendly service at the hotel. We pride ourselves on making visits memorable to ensure that we can make Courtyard Lebanon a possibility for future stays.
If you have any future needs please feel free to let me know!

Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Courtyards are very barebones, but this is the only hotel in the area for business travelers. The manager is great, many time made special arrangements for me and my team. Staff is equally professional, friendly, and go the extra step to accommodate guest requests. Doug and Lisa were usually there in the evenings when we checked in - both are fantastic! The lady at the cafe in the morning always is pleasant and greets us with a smile. The fact that she throws adds coffee on the house most days for the "regulars" is a nice touch.

Some rooms pick up noise from the floor above - but it was not too bad because most travelers go to bed latest by 11pm.

All in all, great experience. If we win the project the area I would definitely continue staying here.

Room Tip: All the rooms are identical. If you are looking for quieter rooms ask for 4th floor and away from th...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Herbie D, General Manager at Courtyard Lebanon, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Greetings,
Thank you for reviewing your trip to the Courtyard Lebanon. It is great to see that our staff not only recognizes you but ensures your comfort and happiness. Our associates try extremely hard to please our guests and the fact that you took the time to mention their names is priceless. Thank you so much and we hope to see you soon!

Herbie Duarte jr
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lebanon
Hampton Inn Clinton
Residence Inn Bridgewater Branchburg
HYATT house Bridgewater
HYATT house Bridgewater
#1 of 6 in Bridgewater

Been to Courtyard Lebanon? Share your experiences!