“Smoky room”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Linden
Livingston, New Jersey
“Smoky room”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I was disappointed to find out upon my late check-in that the non-smoking room I had reserved was not available. I was offered a smoking room, and I was told that it wouldn't be smoky because it had been "defogged." Unfortunately, the room was very smoky, and I was not able to enjoy the quality sleep I had been hoping for. My past experiences with Hampton Inn had always been excellent, but I had not stayed at this location before.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 October 2013

If you aren't planning on spending much time in the hotel, this is as good as any place to sleep. Beds were comfortable and rooms were clean. Not much in the way of good places to eat nearby - you would need a car to get about

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

chicago, United States
Reviewed 25 September 2013

This hotel was recommended to us by my brother-in law. Nice comfortable rooms and the location was a plus, near restaurants, grocery, etc. We drove in for a family funeral and the bed felt fantastic after 13hr road trip. Would definitely stay here again

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Lisa S
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Clean rooms and very nice staff. utilized the free internet, breakfast and parking. Staff were very professional and helpful. Good location and easy access to highway. rate was little bit on the high side.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Chicago
Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Hampton Inn Linden from 31 August to 10 September and it was quite a wonderful stay. Very very neat rooms, excellent location, courteous staff and impeccable service. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed September 2013
west sacramento, CA
Reviewed 18 September 2013

The night before I was to fly from CA to Linden, my friend canceled last minute due to family medical ER. I came on our vacation by myself -- 3000 mi from home, alone, old, disabled and female. Arrived and used their free internet and found all the things I wanted to see/do in NYC since I had a few days of nothing before the other part of my va-ca began. EVERYTHING was great, especially the staff -- I took train into NYC alone and saw everything I wanted; hotel provided ride to/from train; gave me great advice on tour companies. Good breakfast at hotel; walking distance to grocery store, restaurants an so forth. Room always clean.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Austin, United States
Reviewed 17 September 2013

The housekeeping staff never vacuumed the room, not once, during my 10 days of stay. They claim to have fresh duvet and sheets each day. Not true. All 10 days of my stay, my beddings were not replaced, not even once.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Linden
BEST WESTERN Riverview Inn & Suites
Hotel Executive Suites
#2 of 2 in Carteret
Hampton Inn & Suites Staten Island
Embassy Suites by Hilton Newark Airport

Been to Hampton Inn Linden? Share your experiences!