“Great place, to go for a quickie. Otherwise stay elsewhere!”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Swan Motel

Swan Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Linden
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Linden
Westland, Michigan
“Great place, to go for a quickie. Otherwise stay elsewhere!”
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

If it were not for my company paying for the room I would never stay here. I've encountered everything from rude front desk clerks to filthy room conditions. Lets not forget the sexual antics that seem to go on constantly in rooms separated by paper thin walls. This place has a known reputation and the fact that rooms are rented "by the hour" is just an indication. I should mention their free shuttle service. There are a couple of drivers that are safe and considerate of their passengers safety. I don't scare easily as I drive and operate a car hauler for a living. On several occasions I have told drivers to slow it down a bit and get us there in one piece. I once had to convince a young hot headed individual to reconsider his near decision to engage in "road
rage".

Unless you have no other
choice or are looking to take your "date" here, avoid this dive.

• Stayed October 2013
4 Thank jpratt01
David N, Owner at Swan Motel, responded to this review, 14 July 2015
We want everyone to have a restful and rejuvenating stay, so we're sorry to hear that wasn't the case for you. If you ever have any concerns about other guests, please don't hesitate to reach out to us in that moment. We don't actually rent rooms by the hour, so we're not sure where that confusion stems from.

Regarding our shuttle, our guests' safety is of the utmost importance to us, and we always require safe and lawful driving among our employees. This is something we'll be discussing with our team, so thank you for bringing it up. We're always here if you have any further concerns.

Best,
Swan Motel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
East Windsor, New Jersey
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Had a downstairs non smoking room that I could smell strong smoking fumes coming through the ceiling tiles in the bathroom from another room. The floor had nut shells under the bed and the hot tub looks like it was only rinsed instead being scrubbed out. Black mold and soap scum all over the vents in the tub looked like a gas station bathroom. Much better motel a few minutes for the same price.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
7 Thank Kenneth H

Travellers are raving about these Linden hotels

jamaica
Reviewed 12 December 2013

This is my New Jersey vacation spot of choice. I always request an Executive Suite, on the Second or Third Floors, facing the 1&9 highway. The cost is very reasonable, and take a gander at what I get: King/Queen sized bed, 2 big screen flat TVs, Bedroom and Living separated, with a fold out Sofa Bed in the living room. Kitchenette with Fridge, Stove and Microwave. I am in close proximity to shopping malls, a movie theatre, the town of Linden, and Newark Airport! I was set on keeping this one as my "secret", but decided to share in the spirit of the season. Do give this location a try and share your experience with us.

Room Tip: Make your selection from the Executive Village
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Ankara, Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed 11 March 2013

it's so disgusting motel i've ever seen. i went to ny for traveling and i looked for a cheap motel. i found it in Linden but i had a dirty and smelling bad room. i had heard everything from next room when i was inside the room. you must be carefull if you stay this hotel. There are any number prostitutes and crackers in this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Unal S
Reviewed 28 February 2013

The Swan was suggested to me based on price and the shuttle. I was expecting the worst, but was pleasantly surprised. Rooms are indeed small, but not unbearably so, and in good shape compared to other lower priced hotels, and are clean. Mattress was on the soft side for me, but not uncomfortable, I was very surprised when I found a flat screen tv on the wall and complimentary wifi. Staff is very friendly, and very helpful. Diner next door has pretty good food and will deliver to your room.

If I need a room in the area again, I would stay here.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We were in Linden may be a week after Sandy due to work and very few hotels had vacancy..and this was one of them..we payed $140 per nite...the room was very tiny...having placed the baggage(no closet or any sort of place available to place them else where) there was no room left to even walk around the bed..and the horrible part is that the bath tub(with shower) was in the bed room with just a shower curtain closing it..Thankfully the toilet with sink was separate with a door to close...

I stongly feel its not a place for family..There were a couple of questionable channels on the TV..it left me feeling disgusting bout the hotel..we checked out the very next morning..

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Tampa
Reviewed 19 February 2013

I stayed at the Swan Motel for 2 months while I was on business in the area. It was a great place. Very clean and well kept. Staff very friendly and helpful. We had a full kitchen which help so much since I do not like to eat out very much. The room was comfortable and roomy. The staff was also helpful with area information and the shuttle service was great. I have been doing my job for the last 2 years and I have been everywhere. This is the #1 place I have stayed since doing my job. The only real issue we had was the internet was on the slow side and could not remote in my office with out a lapstick. If I just needed to surf the web it was fine. If I am ever in the area again I will postively stay there!!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Linden
Hampton Inn Linden
Home2 Suites Rahway
#1 of 4 in Rahway
BEST WESTERN Riverview Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Carteret - Rahway

Been to Swan Motel? Share your experiences!