“Total disappointment”

Rare the Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Rare the Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 54 Restaurants in Little Falls
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 23
Transit: NJ Transit and Little Falls train station
New York City, New York
“Total disappointment”
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Can't figure out who is writing these reviews....obviously not anyone into fine dining. We went because NJ Monthly gave it 3 stars...ridiculous! This is a neighborhood bar, with a decidedly NOT upscale crowd . The menu is all over the place...steak, seafood, Italian. The sirloin steak was about 3/4" thick; my shrimp scampi had to be sent back because is was totally overcooked. The rest was ordinary. The obviously not homemade cakes came around on a cart like an old tearoom. And the prices were suited to much better quality. Very old school.........don't bother! Oh, forgot, accoustics horrible........can't have a conversation with dinner companions.

• Visited November 2011

Montclair, NJ
“Wonderful Steak and Scrumptuous Seared Foie Gras!”
Reviewed 31 October 2011

It is so rare in the US to find a restaurant that can properly prepare seared foie gras. This was quite a surprise from a local restaurant on the railroad tracks in Little Falls! The wait staff were friendly, knowledgeable and always made sure that my water glass was full (very important for me.)

• Visited March 2011
1 Thank VanderZyppe
wayne, NJ
“Great local steakhouse”
Reviewed 27 September 2011

We love Rare. The service is top-notch and the food first-class. It's a gem in an area of New Jersey known mostly for fine Italian cuisine. Great for a special occasion or just a good meal.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank RonK53
Florida
“A Great Find in Little Falls”
Reviewed 30 November 2008

While coming up for my cousin's wedding at Tulipano's in Cedar Grove.. we visited Rare Steak House for the rehearsal dinner..

Boy was it good to be home.. I moved down to Florida 15 years ago.. and enjoy coming home to the great food..

This place is new so I have never eaten here before.. My husband is a steak lover so he was in heaven..He had the Filet Mignon and said it melted in his mouth.. The potatoes and creamed spinach was so good the waitress brought more of it... We were a large loud crowd and the service was great...
My aunt who is the mother of the groom tried to make sure everyone was pleased and we were. My parents have special diet restrictions and they could not be more accommodating..

I am not a steak person but loved my Salmon...
The drink menu was awesome.. The wine list was great...

We are coming back to Jersey for a Christening and will l definitely be sure to eat here with our family...

1 Thank SunBaby85Degrees