“Great Happy Hour”

Rare the Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Rare the Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 55 Restaurants in Little Falls
Cross street: Route 23
Transit: NJ Transit and Little Falls train station
“Great Happy Hour”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This place is always good. I like to get here for happy hour, where all drinks are half price. No games here. There wines are excellent, and at half price, I'm happy with the value. A bit too rich for my blood at full price, but not out of line, considering the quality.
The maitre d is a pro, and bartenders and staff are excellent. Food is good, but not something I'd rave about. I haven't had a whole lot off their menu, but nothing was bad.
I've never been disappointed here.

• Visited February 2014

NJ
“Great as always!”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Called last minute for a reservation on a Saturday night. They are always very accommodating and fit you in when possible. Service was great - and all four of us enjoyed our dinner. Excellent food every time we go!

• Visited January 2014
“Good selection”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Although Rare is a steakhouse, it does have a varied menu and can certainly accommodate the non-carnivores. The selections include "Il Tulipano" pastas, fish, seafood, and of course that old standard-chicken. The steak selections are presented on a tray as the waiter explains each cut, a nice touch.
Service- good with a wine service hiccup. We ordered a delicious bottle Pinot Noir and ordered a second. The waiter showed me the bottle, opened it and poured. There wasn't a tasting of the second bottle.
Ambiance- has a large bar area and the dining area is nice, nothing over the top.
Food-
Appetizers: Smoked Salmon was good and my husband seemed to like the Buffalo mozzarella.
Entrees: Our friends had a veal chop and a chicken dish. My husband and I ordered the Dover Sole ( a special). Both our first bites of the fish was accompanied by a bone. The fish was good, not the best I have had.
Dessert- Fresh strawberries and a cheesecake- good.
If our friends suggested going to Rare again, we would return.

• Visited January 2014
“Great Service”
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

I went to Rare this weekend for my girlfriends birthday. I had never been before and a friend had recommended it. The weather was inclement and we were late due to the inclement weather this past weekend. However, every single person I encountered treated us amazingly and provided us superb service. The food was great and I will be making Rare a restaurant I visit more often. The sirloin was delicious and the server was knowledgable about how each cut of meat should be cooked.

1 Thank Matt S
New Jersey
“Good Food, Excellent Service”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Went here for a birthday dinner with friends. The food was good - I guess you could say typical steakhouse fare. I liked that each steak came with a generous portion of steamed broccoli and a stuffed tomato. I didn't like that they didn't tell you the steak comes with sides, so we ended up purchasing more food than we needed for the table. Thank goodness for being able to take leftovers home! Desserts weren't worth the time or the cost...I had a banana cream pie that was just...BLAND and not worth the calories (of course for just under $10 for the piece, I had to eat it!) ugh! Anyway, nice spot for a good steak dinner. The valet parking is free, albeit a bit confusing to figure out.

• Visited November 2013