“Yummy”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Above Livingston Circle on Route 10
Transit: Wine Down Sundays Strip House Introduces "25 for $25" Wines
Description: Overview: Strip House is located at the Westminster Hotel in Livingston, New Jersey, near Newark International Airport and Manhattan. Strip House’s imaginative menu, executed by Chef Bill Zucosky, includes prime cuts of meat charred to perfection, signature side dishes such as truffle creamed spinach and goose fat potatoes, an extensive wine list and the famed 24-layer chocolate cake. Indulge in a seductive dining experience in the famed New Jersey steak house. The striking red interior, designed by David Rockwell, is decorated with black and white images of women photographed by Studio Manasse in the early 1900's in Vienna. “[Strip House] is a steakhouse par excellence.” – Star Ledger Private Dining: Strip House has a private dining room that reflects the ambiance of the main dining room and can accommodate up to 18 people. The room is equipped with plasma screens, PC connections and wireless Internet access. Our private room is available without a room rental fee. Valet parking is available as well as self-parking. Menus are printed for each individual private dining event. We are happy to personalize the menu by including the company name and logo. To further enrich your dining experience, you can choose additions such as Champagne toasts and specialty cakes created by our talented executive pastry chef. Restaurant buy-outs are also available.
Jersey City, NJ
“Yummy”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Food is delicious...always. Their fish (tuna, in particular) is outstanding. Love their salads and desserts. Wait staff is courteous and non-intrusive.

Visited November 2013

Parsippany, New Jersey
“There are better”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

It's a dimly lit place when you first enter. It is a hotel restaurant and appeared as if you were in a Starbucks restaurant with many patrons on their laptops. These people were a distraction and should be dining at the bar. The appetizers were good. I had a crisp iceberg lettuce that was filling. Others had shrimp cocktails and enjoyed them. I sampled the filet and the tuna. The former was okay, nothing special, and the latter was overcooked. The side of cream spinach was very tasty. The meat didn't deliver what the price indicated it should. It's not a top flight steak house but the meal was good.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Andy Z
Ottawa, Canada
“Just So So”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We dined on four consecutive nights while staying in the hotel. This is a traditional New York style steak house. It is comfortable, darkly lit, and is reminiscent of a movie set version of a french bordello (I happen to like this).

Our first night was a disaster in that we enjoy our beef very rare. Unfortunately, this restaurant leaves the meet in refrigeration until just before it goes on the grill. You cannot produce a quality rare steak using this procedure and I wound up leaving mine untouched.

Management handled the first night well and, because we were staying in the hotel, we tried again. By staying away from steak, we had 3 pleasant (not outstanding) dinners on following nights.

I would eat in this restaurant again if I were staying in the hotel. However, if I were staying elsewhere, I would not consider this place as an option.

• Visited October 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Stick with the steak.”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

As other reviewers have noted, the food quality may be variable but their steaks are good. We came for dinner one evening and my wife was not that hungry so she ordered two appetizers. The Lobster Bisque was a little thin and did not have much lobster meat but she enjoyed it nevertheless. She also got Oysters Rockefeller which she enjoyed. I had heard that the steak was good and the 15 oz strip I got was among the best I'd ever had; perfectly cooked and a good 2 inches thick. The side we tried (a potato dish) looked like the potatoes they had served on the breakfast buffet with some cheese and garlic sprinkled over them. To be fair the waiter had recommended another side but potatoes seem to go with steak. All in all a pleasant meal but not sure it was worth the price.

• Visited October 2013
NJ
“Very good with caveat”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

My husband and I dined at the Strip House in July. We had never been there before. We were treated with courtesy. Our waiter was very professional. We liked the food very much. My caveat...they need to decide on the 'character' of the restaurant. What overall dining experience do they want to provide? Because (I think) this restaurant is the only one in the hotel. Therefore, you have people like us who live locally and wanted to enjoy a special dinner, and you have business people staying in the hotel who are on their computers while dining. There must have been five tables around us with computers open. If I want an elegant dining experience, I would not go back because I do not want to feel like I am sitting in Starbucks. The management has to decide on the overall dining experience, and possibly restrict computer use to the bar area. I don't think you can use your laptop while dining at Il Capriccio up the road.

• Visited July 2013