“Has gotten overpriced for bland food.”
Review of Eppes Essen

Eppes Essen
Ranked #6 of 91 Restaurants in Livingston
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Been coming here for over 30 years but now the meals are overpriced. Was in the mood for a good Jewish bagel and lox. You can't even just get a bagel with lox and cream cheese!!- only can order a "platter" for $18.99! Yikes!
Instead I ordered a cup of Matzo ball soup (very bland...no yumminess at all) and small roast beef sandwich. It was just a pile of dry slices on rye bread...not even mustard or Russian dressing or coleslaw!! Nothing on it!!! And charged me $15 !!!
Awful service too...manager was not kind and service was slow. (This was on a Wed. At 11:30 am and only 4 tables with customers)
Manager could have at least said "im sorry but thats how it's served)...instead he said " That's what you ordered/ that's what you got"

2  Thank Shellita1

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

A magnificent deli ! Great variety, great food, and (oy!) the portions are so large. Come and fress. You wouldn't be disappointed !

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We went here as I live no where near a Jewish Deli in the South. I L

loved the pickles and coleslaw they served reminded me of Juniors and Wolfies. However I was truly shocked by the prices, it isva deli, you know. I ordered a lox platter that was about 20 bucks, came with 2 bagels. WAHO can eat 2 bagels. Iha thought it was okay but not worth the price. y friend ordered the open faced Reuben that was over 20 dollars I just cannot see it for a sandeich without fries. Service was good all was ok as we went early soon fikled up with noisy kids while I had hoped for more little old ladies and couples going outhaving animated conversations like I remembered in the old days

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Having visited this Deli for over 30 years, it remains one of my local stops when I invite someone for lunch to taste a good Pastrami sandwich.
The other day, I went in with a guest and the reception at the front was very swift and professional, and I was shown a table by the window. A server came by to place water and a bowl of Coleslaw and assorted Pickles with side plates.
The cole slaw and pickles were first rate, and very tasty.
My guest asked what he should have and I immediately suggested a great Pastrami on Rye with thousand Island dressing. I described it as mouth watering, and a big sandwich, especially for what the cost today is.
The sandwich came out, and I immediately noted a few things that I had not paid much attention too when the cost was lower. The bread size is somewhat smaller in its dimension, the amount of Pastrami is much less than it use to be, and the prices are 30 to 40% more. The art of piling up the pastrami in the center is as old as Delancy Street, however, it should be revisited, since the edges had no meat and the center was no longer as high as I described to my friend. A bot disappointed in presentation and preparation. What I can say, is that the taste has not changed, and it was delicious. So my recommendation is to visit this restaurant and enjoy the Pastrami on Rye, but also look at the rest of their menu which offers you many choices. THey are not the only restaurant that had to raise prices, but then presentation must be improved.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

The food is just amazing. The chicken soup is the best I ever had. May be pricey but definitely top notch quality for your money!