“Decent food, friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Livingston Diner

Livingston Diner
Ranked #35 of 81 Restaurants in Livingston
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Weston, Florida
“Decent food, friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

Dependable, low cost, above average diner food. The staff is quite accommodating and th menu extensive.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Larry R

Short Hills, New Jersey
“OK Diner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

Decent food. I'd stick to ordering burgers, salads, Greek dishes, or breakfast foods. Friendly, efficient service.

Visited August 2013
Rochester, New York
1,916 restaurant reviews
“Not my choice for a meal...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

I ate at the Livingston Diner this past weekend because my elderly mother wanted to go there for Mother's Day (instead of a fancier restaurant). She evidently enjoys the food here, and since it was her day, that's where we went.

The Livingston Diner is not very large inside, or very fancy. The clientele are almost entirely senior citizens, mainly (I believe) because the meals are inexpensive and "complete" (meaning they come with soup, salad, and dessert). The soup I ordered was a bean soup that tasted OK...like a decent out-of-the-can soup should. It wasn't bad, but wasn't exceptional either. The bread basket they brought out had four thin slices of a semi-stale bread that wasn't really worth eating.

For the main course, I ordered a dish of seafood-stuffed shrimp. THIS DISH DID NOT MAKE THE GRADE. There were four shrimps on the plate, each of which had obviously been frozen and thawed. They were small and tough, and were nowhere near being fresh. Each of these with topped with a tablespoon clump of something, (bread crumbs?), into which a small bit of seafood may have been ground. These little mounds were then grilled to brown, and served with some veggies. I could have made this dish much better myself with basic ingredients and very little experience.

I wanted to give this place a '3' because my mom likes it, but I just couldn't. I felt it was a complete waste of a meal. I will not come back.

• Visited May 2013
New Jersey
“It's Greek To Me”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

Had lunch here after visiting the Turtle Back Zoo nearby. Good coffee and good diner food. We had mozzarella sticks, french toast, a turkey sandwich and a gyro. Make sure you get a seat near the back, near the greek columns and statues!!

• Visited April 2013
Livingston, New Jersey
“Good for a quick meal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

This is not a fancy diner and the service is okay but the food is decent and I don't mind to eat here if I need a quick meal. The breakfast is good and any sandwhiches or meals I have had were diner acceptable. Don't count on a huge gourmet meal that you find in some other diners around but overall it is not bad.

Visited February 2013