“Dinner food at it's Very Best!”
Review of Ritz Diner

Ritz Diner
Ranked #9 of 81 Restaurants in Livingston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
New York City, New York
“Dinner food at it's Very Best!”
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Love this place. It brought me back to the days when you could really get great homemade food at a diner served by someone who was friendly and professional.

Visited February 2013

“Sorely disappointed”
Reviewed 15 February 2013 via mobile

We went to this diner because they were featured on "diners, drive-ins and dives." The show featued them for their apple pie which was just ok. The sevice was rude and very slow. I ordered the french dip for dinner and the meat had a terrible odor and tasted bad...I sent it back. We ordered two slices of pie and was served one with two forks...I'm guessing there was a ration on the pie tonight...needless to say I'll never come back here

Emmaus, Pennsylvania
“Could be better”
Reviewed 15 February 2013 via mobile

Service very slow. Undercooked food. French dip smelled spoiled had to send back. Lost my taste for all food after that. Wont be back for seconds. Had better at quik check.

Livingston, New Jersey
“decent food; good service”
Reviewed 7 February 2013

could be cleaner; needs to be redone; food is decent and the service is good; management could be friendlier

Visited February 2013
New Jersey, USA
“A mixed review”
Reviewed 15 January 2013

I've come here a few times and what I experienced a couple of days ago prompted me to write a review.

The food is generally good. The desserts are very good. The prices are expensive, especially for a diner. The atmosphere isn't inviting or comfortable... tables too close, garish colors. But it's convenient to me and I avoid busy times when the wait can be utterly baffling. I think this is one of those places that trades on it's popularity. The waitstaff certainly aren't the friendliest bunch. It's kind of a shame, but they don't have to be.

I was here maybe 3:30 this past Saturday afternoon and an elderly couple was in a nearby booth. I heard them order spaghetti and meatballs. I wasn't paying close attention but they had a couple of questions and comments as they ordered. Their food came out - 2 separate orders. The next thing I knew one of the managerial staff (I've seen her before) went over to them and actually started yelling at them. Apparently they wanted to share one portion but either by their error or their waiter's they were brought 2. "That's what you ordered!" "We won't take it back!" I can't even remember all the things she said to them with a terribly nasty attitude. She said her peace and walked off. I was appalled. I don't care whose error it was. Take the 12 cents worth of pasta and throw it in the garbage. Take the 2 meatballs and.... well, you know. Not only was it disrespectful to customers but to others in the restaurant as well. If I saw her at the register when I left I was prepared to say something, but she was probably in the kitchen. I have never seen anything like it.

Unfortunately the Ritz will not suffer. As I said, it just trades on its reputation. And I bet that elderly couple will be back as well.

• Visited January 2013