“A Very Good Diner!”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
“A Very Good Diner!”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I love NJ diners and visited with family there for lunch. I ordered a lox and bagel platter and it was delicious! I asked for extra tomatoes and pickles, since I saw pickles on my husband's plate, they looked good and he wouldn't share....there was cole slaw in a bucket-type dish on the table, but lacked a spoon in it. The rice pudding was not as good as at the Hibernia Diner, 'though, since it was too "eggy" and too wet. My family ordered omelettes and salads. They were happy with their meals. I have been there before and would go back again iwhen in the area.

• Visited July 2014

Rochester, New York
2,019 restaurant reviews
“Good food, good breakfast, crowded place”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

It had been at least 30 years since I'd dined in this place. (Actually, it was called the Heritage Diner back then.) Anyway, this was kind of a neat return for me, as this restaurant is in my home town. The set-up of the inside is different today, but the feel of the place is about the same.

The Ritz has a very large diner, and offers a whole lot of different cuisines to meet your individual tastes. Since we stopped in for breakfast, I ordered a ham & cheese sandwich with hash browns. What I got was exactly as I expected; a nice omelet but REALLY nice hash browns. They have a way of browning the entire side of the taters to make them nice and crispy, just as I love them.

The service was good here, although rushed and not particularly friendly. (I don't mean that in a bad way, but she was too rushed to make pleasant talk.) Still, she was prompt and efficient.

This meal was good an well-worth the cost. I would gladly return for other meals in the future.

• Visited July 2014
Livingston, New Jersey
“Great local diner”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I have been here many times, but didn't think about a review because it's local. I usually review places I go to on vacation. I must apologize, because it's really a great place to eat. The salads and burgers are the best I've ever had. There is a huge menu, so there's something for everyone. You won't be disappointed. They were even on "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives" a few years ago for their apple pie. Enjoy!

Visited April 2014
livingston
“as good as a diner gets!”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

large selection of breakfast, lunch and dinner items. food is consistent and the bakery is a plus. Great for late night snacks. Don't miss the Danish, apple pie and thick milkshakes.

• Visited May 2014
Hillsdale, New Jersey
“Great Food!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I had the Cobb Salad and I think it's the best I've ever had! Everything was so fresh. Fantastic! The atmosphere was typical for a diner, but it was quite loud inside. The service was slow, but it was lunchtime and so it was busy, and the food made up for it!

• Visited May 2014