“Fresh fish with helpful service”
Review of Lithos Estiatorio

Lithos Estiatorio
Reserve with OpenTable
Lithos Estiatorio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 82 Restaurants in Livingston
Price range: US$15 - US$50
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Eagle Rock Ave
Description: Greek Inspired Mediterranean Cuisine in a Modern and Warm Environment.
new jersey
“Fresh fish with helpful service”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Went there for the third time recently and found the service and food even better than first two times. Waiter suggested fish for my husband and I to share and he was spot on. enjoyed the dip appetizer and spinach pie as well. definitely be back.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Colette400

Livingston, NJ
“Will Not be Going Back”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

On the positive side, the restaurant is very attractive with good service.

But the negatives tip the scale! The bread, which is usually a good way to judge a restaurant, was stale and ordinary. Two of us ordered mussels and about 20% of each order contained empty shells. The waiter was very nice and brought us out another order and this new one had at least 25% empty.

My husband and I ordered the whole sea bass for two. One of the reasons we wanted to go to this restaurant was because they supposedly had good fish. There is a display on ice of whole fish. My husband was very specific in telling the waiter we wanted the "whole fish, head tail and bones". However when it came, it had been filleted!. The waiter apologized and the maitre-d' came over and told us it would only take 8 minutes or so for them to make us what we had ordered.and we could keep that one since it could not be served again anyway. The fish was okay but did not taste like it was extremely fresh so maybe the fact it was sitting on ice did not mean it had recently been caught. When we left (which was quite late), there were still MANY fish sitting there on ice. Probably those would be served the next day or so.

I agree with the other comments that the prices are extremely high. The fish cost $68 (for the two of us) and we have gotten far superior whole fish for $25 or so a person.

All-in-all, the dining experience here did not measure up to other first-class restaurants in the area and certainly was not worth the price.

1 Thank handhnh
Boonton, New Jersey
“Don't think twice”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

By far the best Greek restuarant in northern nj! The atmosphere is awesome, the food is delicious, and the service is great! Real, authentic Greek food at a reasonable price, a definite must if you're in the area!

1 Thank John T
New York City, New York
“Fresh fish and more”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Ultra modern, and upscale. This place calls itself a Greek restaurant, but some of the dishes are not really Greek. However, the menu has a nice selection of dishes, and the wine list is pretty good, including some nice wines from Greece.
The food was very good. Our waiter was young, but he was very knowledgeable about the menu. But beware if you order any of the fresh fish selections:- they are priced by the pound and the menu says "we recommend 1 pound fish per person". What they don't tell you is that if they are out of 1 pound fish, they will give you a larger one and charge you accordingly. That can be rather a shock when the bill arrives, (my $23 Branzino ended up costing me $42 because it weighed almost 2 pounds)! They really should make that clear when taking the order. We spoke to the Manager and he took the difference off the bill. All in all (other than the fish problem) it was a nice evening. I do speak a little Greek and as I left I said goodnight (in Greek) to the Manager. He answered me (in Greek) "Good Morning". I guess the food isn't the only thing that's not really Greek here! Would definitely go back and give it another try if I am in the Livingston area.

SC
“An absolutely delicious lunch with exceptional service.”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We once lived in Livingston and were visiting for the day and hoping to take relatives to some place out of the ordinary for lunch. The first place I looked was Trip Advisor, Livingston, NJ. There was only 3 restaurants listed there and Lithos was not one of them so I resorted to the yellow pages as the 3 listed were not of interest to me. Lithos is somewhat out of the way, but it is a treasure at the end of the rainbow. The service was 5 star as was the food and the prices were unexpectedly reasonable. We were 4 adults and we were all thrilled to discover this delightful returaunt.
My chicken slouvaki and chicken lemon soup were wonderful as were the salads and lamb wraps chosen by those with me. No complaints. We will return the next time we're in town.

• Visited August 2013