“Fine Dining Gem” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lithos Estiatorio

Lithos Estiatorio
Reserve with OpenTable
Lithos Estiatorio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 80 Restaurants in Livingston
Price range: US$15 - US$50
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Eagle Rock Ave
Description: Greek Inspired Mediterranean Cuisine in a Modern and Warm Environment.
Livingston, New Jersey
“Fine Dining Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Finally tried this restaurant nearby my home and was not disappointed. The service was excellent, The food was well prepared with plenty of choices. The tables were spaced reasonably apart and the noise level was well controlled making it easy to converse. I will return soon as there were many other menu items I would like to try..Valet parking was available but the large lot made it easy to park your own car.

• Visited August 2014

Scotch Plains
“Great lunch venue”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I've been here twice for business lunches and each time I leave wondering why I don't come here more often! Their lunch prix fixe is a bargain and has something for everyone. The food is well prepared and attractively served. Their wait staff is warm and helpful. There is ample parking and the dining rooms are spacious. There is a full bar.

• Visited July 2014
East Hampton, NY
“Fathers Day disappointment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

We have eaten at this restaurant many times and always found it quite good. We ate here on Father's Day and we will never come back. Apparently they change the menu for Father's Day. In doing so they eliminated many of their "Greek dishes" and included many more meats for "Fathers". ALL at a substantially higher price than the original menu. We asked if they could propared the traditional dishes but to no avail. We came very early and the restaurant was very quiet. The service was terrible. Food was all brought out at once and dishes sat empty on the table fro quite a long time. You could not even eat there were so many appetizer dishes left. I don't think the waiter listened to one thing we asked for. When it was time for dessert the table was left with crumbs and olive pits as they put the coffee on the table and 10 minutes later the dessert came. Not to mention that all this at a very high price point. Appetizers were average $20-28 and main courses $38-50. The worst part of the meal is that it was completely tasteless. The "Greek" salad was bland, the meat overcooked and the shrimp covered in oil and overcooked as well. The new Greek restaurant in Milburn is twice as good at half the price. More casual but worth every bit of a meal out. I am tired of mediocre food at ridiculous prices......even if it is Father's Day!!!!

• Visited June 2014
Winchester, Virginia
“Great place to dine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

We were out of towners setting up a rehearsal dinner for our son's wedding on Memorial Day weekend. I can't begin to say how much the staff and Manager Stephanie help us with the event. They were more than VERY helpful and professional in helping us arrange an execute the dinner. We had a private room downstairs and the wait and bar staff were excellent! From appetizers through desert, the food was fantastic. For the top line quality of the food and service, the price for our 30+ party was very reasonable.

In the main dining area the tables were full (always a good sign) and everyone seemed to be happy and having a good time! As we made our way around to the private room, the aroma from the different meals was unbelievable!

I can't begin to say enough about the whole experience. Stephanie and the staff helped set the tone for what was a very special weekend!

I would definitely be heading here again when back in town!!!

• Visited May 2014
Fairfield, New Jersey
“I won't be back”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

My wife and I had to be in Livingston for a shiva on a Wednesday night and decided to have dinner at Lithos, a restaurant which I always considered to be overpriced and somewhat pretentious. However, on the previous occasions we had dined there, the service was always impeccable. That no longer appears to be the case. Since the restaurant was 70% empty and even the bar, which usually is loaded with older women and men on the make, was quiet, there was no excuse for our experience. I had a martini first, which was well-made and a decent pour, despite the $13.00 price tag. My wife had a glass of chardonnay ($10.00 and no wine by the glass menu). We split a salad which was fine. We both ordered off the regular menu and disregarded the daily specials which were all significantly more expensive than most menu entrees. After a rather lengthy delay subsequent to the salad, my wife was served the salmon which she had ordered and I was given swordfish rather than the roast chicken I had requested. When the waiter came to our table and I advised him of the mistake, instead of just apologizing, he felt compelled to show me that he had written our order down correctly and that the mistake was made in the kitchen. Approximately, 30 minutes later (at which point my wife had finished her dinner), I was served my chicken which apparently had been broiled to cut down on the cooking time and was scorched; it was served with cold string beans and roast potatoes. I ate most of the chicken which was mediocre at best and then asked for the check as we were out of time. At that point, the waiter offered us a glass of wine to compensate us for the incorrect order. We declined as we had to leave. When the check came, I quickly discovered that I had been charge for two martinis rather than one. When I pointed out this mistake to the waiter, he blamed it on the manager. I told him that I was unhappy with the whole experience and would not be back. As we were leaving, the owner inquired if we had enjoyed our meal. When I summarized our meal for him, he shrugged his shoulders and walked away; he is not much of a businessman.

• Visited May 2014