“Fabulous hotel for Corporate event or any occasion”
Review of Westminster Hotel

Westminster Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Livingston
Sanibel Island, Florida
“Fabulous hotel for Corporate event or any occasion”
Reviewed 13 October 2011

This November will be our third year holding a large 2 day corporate event at the Westminster. Jennifer is fabulous to work with on all the details. The food served to our large crowd is always wonderful and the break snacks are delicious. The resturant is good for dinner and the hotel is situated near plenty of other eateries, shopping and close to Newark ariport. I had a massage at the hotel spa and it was terrific.
The hotel rooms are large, very clean and very comfortable. This is a great place to stay for any reason!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank noplacelikehome123

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Korean first
South Carolina
Reviewed 13 October 2011

Way too expensive! Comfortable bed and great internet, but, limited number of TV channels to view; very rude staff; not able to keep up with the clean-up needed after events; very poor signage; inconvenient parking - with no way of getting luggage to the room without having to use stairs.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank JPMcGuire
WestminsterMgmt, General Manager at Westminster Hotel, responded to this review, 19 October 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your post and for your kind words about our beds and internet service. I am truly sorry that some areas of your stay fell short and you have my sincere apology for this.

You should know that we are upgrading our television offerings. By the end of this year we will feature 43 channels representing a broad spectrum of choices and 18 of which will be true HD. We are confident that our guests will enjoy this great new enhancement.

I am sorry that you found our signage confusing and our parking inconvenient, but we do have a fully covered entrance with bellmen on duty to assist guests with luggage as they arrive. In addition, we do have several parking lots at least 3 of which do not involve any steps to enter the building.

I am most distressed that you found our staff rude. We work very hard to deliver a premium experience to all guests, but i can promise that we will work in earnest to improve our service in all areas as we always do.

I would be most interested to speak with you personally and look forward to a chance to learn more about your time here so that we can better serve other guests. You can reach me directly on 973.548.0036.

Michael Polese
Reviewed 23 September 2011

I stayed in a suite and it was very nice! I had to go to a wedding close by which was very convenient. The only thing I did not like was the lighting in my room! It was very difficult to ready, being that I am a female. Other than the poor lighting, I had a great experience!

• Stayed September 2011
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed 22 August 2011

We (5 sisters, 1 brother and families) had the pleasure of staying at the Westminster a few weeks ago. Our cousin was getting married and this was their hotel of choice and I can now see why. The hotel is lovely, clean and the staffs are most accommodating. Our rooms were spacious and comfortable. My sisters took advantage of the pool daily and found it relaxing. While the wedding reception was at another location, the hotel provided free shuttle service which was an added bonus. The food was good and again (can’t say it enough!) the staff was amazing. Thank you for a memorable stay, I will definitely recommend the Westminster to others and if I’m fortunate enough to find another Westminster in my travels, that’s where I’m booking!
Petrusia

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Petrusia
Oakland, California
Reviewed 15 August 2011

This was my third time staying at the Westminster. I look for somewhere that's luxurious yet comfortable when I'm traveling. The Westminster fits those requirements perfectly! From the restaurant to the pool to the spa, everything is what you'd expect from a four diamond hotel. I've stayed in some luxury hotels for business travel and this is by far the best place to stay for the friendly, yet upscale and refined atmosphere.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Bergenfield, NJ
Reviewed 14 August 2011

I have to admit I wasn't expecting much from a weekend getaway in Livingston, NJ but boy was I surprised. This was a short getaway for myself and my boyfriend and we had such a wonderful time at this great little hotel. Upon walking in I immediately knew it was going to be special. From the warm greeting at the reception, to the friendly bellman who took us to our room, we were off to a great start. We relaxed for awhile in our room before heading to the Strip House, the restaurant in the hotel, for an amazing dinner. The atmosphere was sleek and sexy and the food was incredible. We then retired back to our room where had an amazing night's sleep in the most comfortabale bed ever. We awoke the next day and headed out to the ShortHills mall for some great shopping. The complimentary shuttle was such a great amenity. After shopping we returned to the hotel and ventured to the spa for a wonderful massage followed by a dip in the pool. Afterwards we ordered a great meal from room service which exceeded our expectations. After another night in that amazing bed we headed back home, relaxed, refreshed and planning our next little escape to the Westminster.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lionsmom
Stateline, Nevada
Reviewed 13 August 2011

I stayed here on a two night business trip. The hotel appears clean, the room nicely appointed and the linens (bed and bath) very nice. My problem started with a cup of tea made with the in room coffee machine ( one of the pod kind) . When I went to drink it, a horrible stench emanated and I realized the coffee machine was encrusted with MOLD...yuk. The next morning, when taking a shower, the drain backed up and I stood in 8 inches of water... yuk. Additionally the walls are so thin you can hear the conversations of those in the room next to you. Not good. I told the front desk of my issues. Upon my return that evening, no note or VM was provided addressing my concerns. I did get a phone call about 9pm letting me know the coffee machine had been replaced but she could not confirm if the drain had been fixed. The hotel also removed the room charge for one night. The hotel also offers a continental breakfast in the morning, but did not inform me upon check in, and only due to my visit to the front desk was I informed of this.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank BR58
WestminsterMgmt, General Manager at Westminster Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your kind words - "The hotel appears clean, the room nicely appointed and the linens (bed and bath) very nice" - but we certainly apologize for our failures. We did offer one night on a complimentary basis to compensate you for your inconvenience and feel sure that you will agree that this was more than fair.

Still, our goal is to have our guests leave with the intention of returning and your review suggests that you are unsure about coming back. I hope you will accept my personal invitation to return. I have reached out to you by telephone and email and hope to hear back from you soon. I'm eager to find a way to improve your impression of our hotel. Please contact me on 973.548.0036 at your earliest convenience. I look forward to speaking with you.

Warm regards,

Michael Polese
973.548.0036
Also consider these accommodations in or near Livingston
The Wilshire Grand Hotel
HYATT house Morristown
HYATT house Morristown
#2 of 5 in Morristown
The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown

Been to Westminster Hotel? Share your experiences!