Westminster Hotel
Garden Plaza Hotel(West Orange)
US$130
US$114
The Wilshire Grand Hotel(West Orange)
US$230
US$178
Official Website
Courtyard West Orange(West Orange)
US$183
Courtyard
US$220
US$194
Hotels.com
All reviewsstrip housenice hotelgarden levelshuttle servicewedding partybusiness tripbed was very comfortablenew jerseyfront desk staffenjoyed my stayindoor poolfitness centerbagelspopsrobehallwaytoiletries
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 November 2011

We live only 25 miles from this hotel and come here mainly for the restaurant. After indulging to our hearts content on the porterhouse for two, mac & cheese, truffle creamed spinach, goose fat potatoes, as well as a number of bottles of wine & caramelized banana tart , it's nice to be able to make our way up to our room where we are guaranteed a very comfortable bed and clean accommodations. The morning greets us with a decent breakfast buffet and then the short ride home. The staff is always friendly and the room rates are always ridiculously low, although dinner is a bit pricey (but well worth it). We make it a point to stay here at least a few times each year and it's consistently perfect!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2011

This Hotel has awesome service and a great front desk. The folks working the front desk took care of my every need, including driving my wife and I to the mall when her shoe broke. Rooms were clean and the neighborhood was awesome!

Room Tip: Some second floor rooms have a roof view, so avoid them or ask the front desk what the view is.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank RRoocckkyy
Reviewed 13 November 2011

I Don't Know Where To Begin..... I Didn't Enjoy The Hotel At All.....If I Was There On Business Maybe I Would....But If Your Looking To Relax With A Love One Choose Somewhere Else.... I Was Told There Was A Birthday Package When I tried To Reserve The Package I Was Told It Wasn't Available For My Stay, The Hotel Was Extremely Busy With Conferences... The Hotel Staff Was Very Rude Upon My Arrival.... I Could Go On and On... I Didn't Enjoy My Stay And I Have No Intentions On Returning

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Nicole D
WestminsterMgmt, Front Office Manager at Westminster Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2011

Thank you for your feedback. I am deeply sorry to learn that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel, and that you found some staff members rude. Please accept my sincere apology for any rudeness you may have experienced. This saddens all of us at Westminster Hotel because we work very hard and take pride in executing the highest service standards in hospitality. We will share your feedback with our team and use it for further training.

I confess, I am confused about your comment in regards to our “Birthday Package”. Some of our packages may require advance booking so that we have sufficient time to be prepared. This may explain why you had some difficulty booking the package.

I would truly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you personally to better understand your experience and make amends. If you consider giving us another try, I can assure you that you will enjoy your stay at Westminster Hotel. You can reach me directly on 973.548.0076. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Zohre Bingol Front Office Manager

Reviewed 9 November 2011

Booked this through a discount hotel site as it was convenient to the colleges my son & I were visiting. The rooms were spacious, clean, & comfortable. Staff was friendly & helpful, with the exception of the woman doing breakfast service. Felt as if we were bothering her by being there. The breakfast was the only downside of this hotel. It was served in the bar of their "steak house" style restaurant. The buffet was set up on the bar. They need a comfy breakfast room. Otherwise this place was great, would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I've recently spent a night at this hotel/spa resort. I was unlucky to arrive in the midst of an early snow storm and had my plans ruined a little. The team of this resort however made sure I get compensated for everything I've missed even though it was nature's fault. The customer service and care were outstanding to say the least. The room was beautiful, big and clean. There was plenty of parking, the hotel is close to many restaurants and from what I've see, although haven't tried, has a very successful steakhouse inside the hotel plus a wide variety of rooms and halls for events (there were 3 going on during my stay).
Overall my experience at this hotel was very pleasant and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple