“Comfortable+ holiday stays”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Livingston
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
“Comfortable+ holiday stays”
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Have stayed here while visiting family in the area over the holidays on three separate occasions and have been pleased every time. The rooms are a good value at the holidays, the hotel is quiet without the normal business travelers, and the outstanding restaurant can be enjoyed when you desire a meal on your own. (The breakfast situation was a little confusing so ask to be sure what is available. Had the paid buffet on Saturday, which was expensive considering the offerings, free weekday limited buffet when offerings were only slightly less.) Our king room was clean, spacious and quiet but lacked a view - looked at rooftop hvac units. The blower on the heating unit was loud enough to require adjusting TV volume, but don't recall this from previous stays? Staff is friendly and accommodating. Gym is very adequate, someday hope to take advantage of the spa services.

Room Tip: Suggest you ask about room view when checking in if it's important to you; we were away from the...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
WestminsterMgmt, Front Office Manager at Westminster Hotel, responded to this review, 20 February 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your kind words and for sharing your recent experience at the Westminster Hotel. We are delighted to hear that you choose to stay with us several times over the holidays and that you enjoyed the overall experience. Please accept my apologies if the breakfast situation seemed a bit confusing. We provide complimentary continental breakfast with 2 additional hot items Monday to Friday.
Thank you again for your feedback and I hope you will have a chance to use our beautiful spa next time you are here.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Korean first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 25 December 2012

I was very pleasantly surprised by the Westminster. The Westminster is a good value, with good service. Our room was nicely apportioned, with a Euro feel. The bed was totally comfy, and there were plenty of towels. If I ever have to go back to Livingston, New Jersey for some reason, I would stay at the Westminster again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your comments with us here on TripAdvisor. We strive to provide excellent service and comfortable rooms while delivering a great value, so I am delighted to hear that this was reflected in your stay with us.
Thank you for your review again and we sure hope to welcome you back in the future.

Deltaville, Virginia
Reviewed 18 December 2012

We stayed there for a family event. Nice hotel and staff was great. Rooms are clean and well appointed. Our king bed was extremely comfortable! On site restaurant very nice, though we only had cocktails, and breakfast, in. Breakfast buffet was good, but nothing outstanding about it.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. I hope your family event was a special one. We are so happy to learn that you were comfortable in your room and that you received great service. Please come back and visit us soon!

New Hartford, NY
Reviewed 2 December 2012

My second stay at the Westminster, after a six month hiatus! Front desk personnel friendly and efficient. Room was clean, spacious, and had all of the requisite amenities. Parking abundant and close. Free coffee in the lobby, and I discovered a lounge on the basement floor full of magazines, books, and even a few snacks! The gym was well equipped.
My only complaint was that my room, 266, was close to the parking entrance, and so I heard late arrivals yacking away as they walked into the hotel. I'd avoid this room in the future.
This is an excellent facility, and I'll gladly stay there again at my next opportunity.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review. We are delighted to hear that you had a second visit to the Westminster Hotel. It is great to hear your kind remarks about our friendly staff and comfortable rooms. Also, thank you for mentioning our complimentary coffee service in the lobby and snacks in our club lounge.
I am sorry to hear that the location of your room created an inconvenience to you. Please contact me directly when you return at zbingol@westminsterhotel.net, I would be more than happy to handle your accommodations personally.
We hope to welcome you back soon.

Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 November 2012

My wife and family stayed her for two days during the Thanksgiving holiday.
The room ( The good ):
Two double beds, very comfortable, nice set of linens and blankets. The room had reasonable size LCD TV on a turntable making it easy to move from side to side. They included a pod coffee maker, don't remember the brand, but not one you find much of anymore. They included a nice selection of coffees, decaf, flavored and regular. There was a comfortable desk chair and a good work area. There was also a small couch. They included a nice set of soaps and shampoos. The towels provided were big and nice. They provided two pint size waters each day.

The pool looked very nice and was a reasonable size, much better than you find in many of the standard chains.

The room ( The less good ):
The bathroom shower was terrible. The grab bar along with the shower curtain made the size of the actual shower area extremely uncomfortable. This was a major negative on the room. A much smaller negative was the seams in the bathroom wallpaper opening, I also had the corner of the work area ( some piece of metal ) fall off. It does make you wonder if they are keeping up the rooms My other comment is when you make a reservation for three, you'd like three towels, three waters without having to ask.

The other thing that bothered me was the rear parking area. When we pulled in, the signage was poor, there seemed to be no direct route into the hotel, just the ballroom. There was broken glass. In addition, when I went to my car late in the evening, there were strange people in the rear that didn't seem like they belonged to a party or the hotel. I don't want to valet my car, but I also don't want to be forced to park in a bad/inconvenient place. The path to the front of the hotel was also difficult, with many stairs, no path that didn't include crossing the parking lot. The second day we ignored the signs and parked in the valet area, everyone else seemed to do the same thing.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and for spending your Thanksgiving Holiday with us. It is vital that we receive both positive and negative feedback in order to maintain our AAA 4Diamond service and product. While I am delighted that you found your room to be comfortable and the amenities to be satisfactory, I am sorry to hear that the bathroom didn’t meet your expectations. Our engineering team works diligently in order to maintain the upkeep of our building under the “Preventive Maintenance” program. Thank you for pointing out the wallpaper opening in your room. I am sorry that it escaped our attention. We will do the necessary repairs in that room immediately.
I am also sorry to hear that you had some difficulties with the parking situation. In addition to the parking area in the back, the hotel offers parking on each side of the hotel for all guests. Also, we have 24 hour security that patrols the parking lots.
Thank you again for your feedback and should your travels bring you back to the area, please contact me directly so that we can show you that the Westminster Hotel is indeed a “Special Place to be”.

San Francisco
Reviewed 22 November 2012

Wonderful little hotel. Clean and well appointed. Great value. Only issue is walls are a little thin. Highly recommend for folks needing a one or two night stay in the area. Breakfast included. Nice swimming pool. Good service.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your complimentary review. We are so happy to hear that you found our hotel to be so wonderful and a great value. We strive to do this with every guest and it is such a great feedback and motivation for us at the Westminster Hotel, when we hear that we have achieved that.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 21 November 2012

Hotel had an odd vibe to it and felt rather recycled and fake. There was barely ever anyone in the lobby and although the hotel claimed they were fully booked, it seemed rather dead. I was placed in a ground level suite which is below the first floor making it a half-subterranean room. Having to take an elevator to access to access this hallway below ground made it odd. The basement feel of the room and hall made the stay slightly odd.

In the room there was no waste paper basket in the bathroom or bedroom and no food or drink basket amenities. My shower did not fully work as the shower faucet head only worked on about half power and seeped water out of bath tub faucet head below. As I tried to increase the water pressure on the shower head by pulling up on the lever, the faucet only lifted off of the wall allowing for more water to come out of the broken bath tub faucet. (The wasted water was rather ironic as they had signs about being a green initiative hotel that didn't want to waste water by unnecessarily washing your towels.)

Turn-down service was very late in the day.

The hotel shuttle service was not always available and be warned taxi's are expensive in the area. Ask the front desk for Blue Limo Taxi, otherwise the main monopolist in Livingston Taxi. Blue Limo is slightly cheaper.

The hotel management unprofessionally got mad and talked down to other employees in front of me, which always bothers me in any service industry.

With the exception of Gabrielle, the front desk was rather unhelpful and did not have the warm personable identity generally associated with hotel hospitality staff.

For receiving the Four Diamond Award from AAA, this hotel must be a diamond in the rough, because I never received any service that shined.

Room Tip: Make sure not to get a ground level room. It's slightly an odd feeling knowing you're partia...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Richard C
WestminsterMgmt, General Manager at Westminster Hotel, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. Please forgive my delayed response. Thank you for your kind words about Gabrielle, our guest service agent. She is a true treasure. You should know that all guest rooms on the garden level just recently underwent a renovation. They are beautiful! Many guests find them particularly quiet and relaxing. I am surprised to learn that you observed our managers publicly berating staff members. We operate in a culture of service and teamwork, but in recent months, based on this feedback, I have paid more attention to staff interactions. I can honestly say that I have not seen this behavior, but I will be vigilant about paying attention to it. We would not tolerate this from our management team. I do hope that, should your travels bring you back to our area, you will consider staying with us again. I would be most grateful to show you the Westminster Hotel that I know and am intensely proud of. Please contact me so that I may handle the details of a future stay personally.

Warm regards,

Michael Polese
973.548.0036
Also consider these accommodations in or near Livingston
Hilton Short Hills
The Madison Hotel
The Madison Hotel
#1 of 5 in Morristown
The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown

Been to Westminster Hotel? Share your experiences!