“Top Notch Hotel”
Review of Westminster Hotel

Westminster Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Livingston
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed over a Friday and Saturday night at the Westminster to attend a family function. This is an excellent hotel. The facility is in very good shape and kept very clean. Rooms are spacious, comfortable and quiet. The staff was very welcoming and pleasant. Although we did not dine at the restaurant, we did attend a catered dinner here and both the food and service were excellent.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
WestminsterMgmt, Front Office Manager at Westminster Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear SJayinCT,
Your kind review inspires us to stay committed to delivering an unparallel experience at the Westminster hotel. We are delighted to know that you noticed our exceptionally clean rooms and our top notch service. Please know that we are very grateful for the opportunity to serve you. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Westminster Hotel.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

I was in town for the TriBeCa film festival and this hotel and staff was AMAZING. I had a huge suite for a great price. Totally renovated!!! I took a car into the city. With the price of a suite & the car service, it was still cheaper than a tiny little box room in Manhattan. I LOVED IT!!! Door to door it was a 35 min ride into Manhattan. Breakfast was included & I had access to a 24 hour snack room/business center, pool & jacuzzi and I will stay here from now on!! Michael Polese General Manager, THANK YOU for making this stay a memorable one…I will be back FOR SURE!!

Room Tip: Go for the suite, its worth the price..so much better than a room in NYC..With the hotel and the car...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
WestminsterMgmt, Front Office Manager at Westminster Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Let me begin by saying how much we enjoyed reading your feedback. Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. It means a lot to us. We strive to provide excellent accommodations at a great value. I am so glad to hear you received them both. I agree our location is perfect for “cost conscious” New York nights. Thank you so much also for your kind words about our staff. We know our staff is our greatest asset and it is wonderful to hear that our General Manager Mr. Polese was able to assist you personally to make your stay memorable. We look forward to your next stay with us and are always devoted to exceeding your expectations.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

My husband and I stood for our mini honeymoon (we had a infant so we really couldn't go too far or be away too long) the weekend of June 7-9 2013. Check-in was quick and easy, and we went out for dinner at a place on Rt 10 the came back to the hotel. We had a club level room with a king size bed, pretty spacious and nice. We were so tired that we really didn't pay much attention to the details that night, we laid in bed and within minutes were asleep (the bed and pillows were sooooo comfy, best sleep we had in a long
time). The next morning we noticed that the headboard had some rather disgusting stains that looked suspiciously like bodily fluids. I wanted to call down and complain but my husband is laid back and not one to complain so he talked me out of it, he figured if our room was like that, the others would be too so why bother. Besides this gross discovery, we were honestly pleased with everything else. The bathroom had a beautiful large glass shower and the most delicious smelling toiletries from an eco-friendly company (definitely a plus for me, I always appreciate eco-friendly companies). The pool area was a nice size and was clean with plenty of fluffy towels and chairs to sit back and relax. Second night, we slept with our pillows by the foot of the foot of the bed, away from the stains! But again, amazing sleep, incredibly comfy bed! We would really like to stay again for our first anniversary this June; as I said, we had no complaints besides the stains on the headboard, but we are definitely debating it because it was a rather disgusting problem. It is a shame because we truly did love everything else about our stay! By the way, we are big coffee drinkers so we also appreciated the awesome "love at first sip" coffee pods. If there was a guarantee of a completely clean room, I wouldn't think twice about another stay!

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear IsabelAO-Q,
Thank you kindly for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so privileged that you selected the Westminster Hotel for your “Mini Honeymoon” and are considering returning in June of 2014. I will be delighted to ensure personally that every detail of your stay is comfortable and to your liking. Please accept my sincerest apologies for your experience about the “unknown” stain on the headboard. Also please know that this is not a typical experience at our beautiful hotel as each and every room goes through various inspections before the arrival of our guests. We take great pride in providing a clean and comfortable room to our dear guests. I would be most grateful for another opportunity to serve you. Please contact me directly at 973.548.0076 or zbingol@westminsterhotel.net I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

The Westminster hotel is clean, nice, and comfortably elegant. Every single person that I interacted with was extremely pleasant and helpful. Check in was an absolute breeze. My room was very pretty, and elegantly appointed. The bathroom was clean and the shower was great. Co workers felt the walls were thin and they could hear their neighbors but I didn't hear anything! Perfectly quiet....a wonderful night's sleep. The continental breakfast was great!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear BloodHoundGang2012,

We are so grateful for your wonderful review. It is our everyday commitment to provide first class hospitality and most remarkable accommodations. Thank you for giving us the privilege to be of service to you. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Didn't know what to expect,but after arriving and staying for the weekend , I can't say enough, the staff on every level was the friendliest and helpful staff I've ever dealt with. The hotel was the cleanest I've seen, I asked when they opened, I was told ten years, I can actually say I thought this was a brand new hotel.the pool and it's equipment was super clean heated and chlorine levels perfect.i can't say enough, but thank you for caring for the guests. Almost forgot the bed and the pillows were the best, most comfortable , again thank you for a great night sleep.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dbert1964

Dear Dbert1964,

Thank you for your excellent comments. I must mention it is truly because of our devoted staff members that we are able to exceed the expectations of our guests. Yes we are 10 years old with an exciting complete make-over on the horizon yet we are privileged to provide the finest quality of services and amenities that make each stay “perfect”. We hope to welcome you back on many more occasions.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Jody P

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Hotel strives to give you the extras of a superior hotel. King bed was comfortable with four oversize pillows. There are a safe and quiet refrigerator. Ample dresser drawers and well lite work desk with office desk chair. There is a nice full length three ft wide beveled glass mirror in the corner but no light to see to put on makeup. The bathroom size is adequate and provide a magnifying mirror but again the light is minimal for applying makeup. Shower has good heat and pressure. Towels are over sized and of good quality. The complementary assortment of toiletries were as good as the best hotels with shower cap,sewing kit,shoe mitt, shaving kit, mouthwash, toothbrush, moisturizer and three bath products. Wall mounted thermostat ac/heat under window unit sounded like a subway train taking the corner too fast. We were in room 271 that has a connecting door to the next room. The hotel room was quiet until someone with children was in the adjoining room. You could hear the background sounds of the TV at night and the actual conversations in the morning..If you can get a room where the AC/Heat unit fan is not making noise and without a connecting door it will be perfect down to the tootsie roll pop they leave for you.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
WestminsterMgmt, Front Office Manager at Westminster Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review about your experience at the Westminster Hotel. Tripadvisor community will certainly appreciate all of this information you provided as much as we do. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. It is our passion to create the most remarkable accommodations for our guest so it is very rewarding to see our guests appreciate the wonderful amenities we offer. We look forward to your next stay with us and we are always devoted to exceed your expectations.

Front Office Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Livingston
The Wilshire Grand Hotel
#1 of 1 in Short Hills
Garden Plaza Hotel
Garden Plaza Hotel
#4 of 4 in West Orange

Been to Westminster Hotel? Share your experiences!