Westminster Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Garden Plaza Hotel(West Orange)
View Hotel
All reviewsstrip housenice hotelgarden levelshuttle servicewedding partybusiness tripbed was very comfortablenew jerseyfront desk staffenjoyed my stayindoor poolfitness centerbagelspopsrobehallwaytoiletries
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I had the lovely experience of staying at the Westminster Hotel recently on a business trip. I wasn't expecting such a warm, comfortable, friendly experience. The front desk service was conscientious and thoughtful. They worked quickly and made me feel welcome. My room was quite comfortable. It was quiet, too, which is a plus on a business trip. It was easy to get work done in the room, and I had a good night's rest.

I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
WestminsterMgmt, Front Office Manager at Westminster Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful comments! I am overjoyed that you had such a great experience. It is our everyday commitment to make each and every guest feel welcomed and appreciated with our first class hospitality. I am so glad to hear this was reflected on your experience. We look forward to your next stay with us and always devoted to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

The hotel itself was lovely. Nicely decorated, clean, well kept. The rooms were very nice (although bathroom a bit small) and the beds were fantastic. Staff was very nice as well. Small fitness room was a pain to get to, but had elliptical machine, treadmill, and bike. Spa treatment was overpriced but good. Pool was heated nicely but small and not very deep. Whirpool was great. I didn't try the restaurant for dinner (it's so expensive) but I decided to try the $18.95 buffet. I was very dissapointed. No omelette bar, and no oatmeal. A few muffins, bagels, dry cereal, and eggs/bacon/french toast/sausage/potatoes left out. Omelettes could not be ordered, and no a la carte breakfast (at least on Sunday). Very disappointed, especially at that price. I almost walked out, but was hungry.

All in all, I"d definitely stay again -- the rooms were nice and it was in a good location. I'd just skip breakfast!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank dogmmdog

Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Westminster Hotel. While I am glad to hear that you found our hotel to be lovely and the staff to be nice, I am dismayed to learn that the breakfast offerings didn't meet your expectations. We greatly appreciate your feedback and already shared it with the upper management of the Striphouse. When your travels bring you back our way, please contact me directly at zbingol@westminsterhotel.net. I will be happy to handle the details of your accommodations personally.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Finding ourselves between a wedding shower and another party in the vicinity, my husband and I booked a room at the Westminster as we were familiar with the hotel. (We had booked a block of 30+ rooms for our son's wedding in the vicinity in 2011.) In two years, not much has changed at the Westminster and that's a good thing. The rooms were still clean and comfortable and the staff accommodating. The only problem we had this time was at around 4:30 in the morning, the staff member delivering the folio was talking on his cell as he made his rounds. I'm not sure guests always know how even the slightest whisper in the hallway of a hotel can be heard inside a room, but I would imagine a staff member would be more aware. At any rate, we discussed it with the front desk just so they might be able to improve service-wise. All in all, though, a great place to stay if needed in that area of NJ. I have no doubt we'll be back there again at some point.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
WestminsterMgmt, Front Office Manager at Westminster Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your most recent stay with us. We are so happy to learn that your travels brought you back our area and once again you had an opportunity to experience our gracious hospitality. We are also so trilled to hear that after 2 years of your first visit, we were still able impress you with the cleanliness of the hotel and our superb service. Your feedback about the staff member who delivers the folios is also so much appreciated. Please accept my apologies and know that this was addressed.
Thank you for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back on many more occasions.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Booked a block of 24 rooms for my daughters wedding, all guests had good things to say about this Hotel. The service was very good and friendly, the rooms are clean and well maintained. It was a very enjoyable experiance from the rooms to the shuttle bus service to the offsite reception. It all went without any problems. They are going to totaly renovate all the rooms in the fall and it looks as if they will be first class.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your delightful review. We are privileged that you selected us to host for your family and friends on this very special occasion. We are so happy to hear that we met your expectations and you and your family had a great time. Thank you for mentioning the renovation! Yes we are so excited to share this great news with our future travelers . We hope to welcome you back on many more occasions.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

After a huge tree in our neighbor's yard was struck by lightning (seriously, what are the odds?) and we were advised to consider leaving the house until the tree could be taken down the next morning, we booked this hotel on expedia.com for about $259 at close to 8 pm for one evening because it was the closest hotel to our house and available at the last minute.

Pros: Wonderful, friendly staff. Room service was fairly quick (less than 30 minutes). The hotel is fairly updated with contemporary furnishings, although it appeared (from a display in the lobby) that the hotel will undergo renovations/refreshing later this year. The on-site restaurant is excellent. The bed was incredibly comfortable and the room and bathroom were both very clean. The room we stayed in had a king sized bed, a chaise lounge, a cabinet housing the mini-fridge, and a large desk with comfortable chair, and shallow dresser (two drawers). There is a large flat screen TV hung on the wall. The toiletries were pleasantly scented. The concierge lounge in the garden level is a nice spot to relax and read, etc.

Cons: No mini-bar (there are two small bottles of spring water and a keurig machine with coffee pods). The air conditioner/heater unit was very noisy and blew the drapes around, annoyingly -- but worked well and quickly cooled the room down.

We would recommend this hotel to out-of-town visitors and if we ever need to stay away from our house again, we would consider staying here again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family