“JUST WONDERFUL”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Livingston
Ferndale,Michigan
“JUST WONDERFUL”
Reviewed 5 October 2009

I flew into New York and planned a two day visit, found this hotel online for a GREAT rate. Stepped into the lobby and was greated by a smiling face. Check in was quick and very pleasant. The room was just wonderful, the bed was so comfortable I slept like a baby. The hotel is located in a very quiet community. I LOVED IT. I work for a major airline and I often recomend hotels to passengers and co-workers. This hotel is at the top of my list!!!!!
Free parking was also a plus.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Korean first
Staten Island, NY
Reviewed 27 September 2009

After looking at a few hotels in the area of our wedding venue, my wife and I decided on the Westminster. Although we didn't schedule an appointment, Joannie, the Banquet Manager, was gracious and courteous and spent a lot of time working with us. We had all the guests from our wedding stay in the hotel the entire weekend. The rooms are immaculate, clean, stylish and amazing. The entire hotel is modern and amazing. The staff are courteous and caring. We truly had an amazing wedding due largely to the Westminster Hotel. We enjoyed it and our experience so much, we recommended it to a friend who is using it for her wedding next year. We strongly recommend this Hotel and Joannie Cruz to anyone who is looking for an amazing experience filled with courteous, caring and accommodating people in an amazingly beautiful and luxurious hotel.

• Stayed September 2009
nj
Reviewed 19 July 2009

Great hotel for business...but not a romantic night. What attracted me to this hotel was the anniversary & romance packages they offered, due to them offering these type's of packages I assumed this would be a great night away for my spouse & I to celebrate our 8 yr anniversary.Booked a in room couples massage to have massage therapist tell us at time of massage that our room was to small to perform massage in!! Why was this allowed to be booked then?! Masssage therapist, Maria was very good and knowledgeable,but we had to have our massages done in the spa, not our room as planned.Was awoken at 8:18 am Saturday morning,by a maid trying to enter our room!Please, a print out of whom has or hasn't checked out should be provided to the maids & updated throughout the morning for them,at least before the 11 am checkout. A/C either ran to cold or the room would get very stuffy before it would kick back on in auto mode. Garden level, is the basement! And you feel like you are in the basement!Room was cluttered w/to much furniture for size of room..Would rather not have chaise,so mini fridge could be against the wall, not sticking out like it was...Bed was hard, but then again I prefer a more plush mattress...

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 1 July 2009

This is a classy, stylish hotel that costs less than the surrounding boring corporate ones. The location is convenient to highways. We loved the room - trendy style, spacious, with lots of extras and frills like plush robe and lollipops. Breakfast had a wonderful variety of tasty options - it doesn't make sense to me why they don't offer it for Saturday & Sunday. Staff were super professional, friendly, and responsive. I had one problem with my room and a few minutes after I told the front desk, a manager called to apologize and offer me free miles. I liked seeing the excitement of weddings, and was surprised that the hotel wasn't noisy because of it. We would surely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Redwood City, CA
Reviewed 18 June 2009

I was going to northern NJ on business and needed a central location. I actually booked through Hotwire. I hadn't even looked at or even knew about the Westminster, but I'm glad Hotwire put me there. The other options I was looking at were Courtyards or Hampton Inns and this was a very big step up for a lot less money. The room was very nice, good TV, nice set up and the bed was very comfortable. I had read other reviews and was wondering about these towels. But everyone's right - they do have REALLY nice towels. The room service, while limited, was very good and delivered on time. I was given an 'upgrade' to a Club room. I visited the lounge and there wasn't really much there for me. If I'm in the area again, I'd come back.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
Jersey city
Reviewed 23 March 2009

I stayed here previously on business, so I decided to surprise my boyfriend for a "weekend getaway" for Valentine's Day. We only live 30 minutes away but this hotel has a great restaurant and a great spa. I reserved our massages weeks in advance & I couldn't be happier. The spa area is clean and very soothing. The massage was spectacular and it wasn't expensive-I couldn't be happier! I wanted us to have dinner in the restaurant but it was completely booked on Valentine's night, but the best part was when I told the front desk as to how bummed we were about the restaurant they offered to take us to a restaurant nearby & the food was great! They drove us there and back! The room was comfortable and very "new york" design and the bed was better than the chain hotel beds! Which really impressed me! Looking forward to my next visit, hopefully sometime soon.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
mt. laurel, nj
Reviewed 20 March 2009

We stayed at the Westminster the weekend of March 7th, Our daughter got married at the Crystal Plaza in Livingston on Sunday, March 8th. For months before theJ BIG DAY, I had several phone calls with Joannie Cruz, who was just fabulous and very patient with all of my questions and concerns. We booked about 20 rooms (at a special wedding discount rate) and everyone was very pleased with the cleanliness and overall decor of the rooms. The hotel staff gave us a complimentary room for the bridal party to get their hair and make-up done on Sunday morning before the ceremony. We were also offered a shuttle back and forth to the wedding. Everyone we came in contact with at the hotel was courteous and just wonderful to us! Our stay at the Westminster certainly added to the overall excitement and success of the wedding weekend! One last thing...after the wedding, we were so tired. About 8 of us went to the pool , hung out and put our feet in the hot tub ! IT was great !!!!!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Livingston
Hilton Short Hills
W Hoboken
W Hoboken
#1 of 2 in Hoboken
The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown

Been to Westminster Hotel? Share your experiences!