“Decent menu, decent food, good service”

Panevino Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Panevino Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 89 Restaurants in Livingston
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: State Route 10
Description: Panevino Ristorante is an Italian restaurant in Livingston NJ serving lunch, dinner, take out & catering with an outdoor patio for dining & private events.
Reviewed 6 July 2013

This place will never set the world on fire but if you're looking for a solid, busy family restaurant then this is good. Don't expect to have a quiet intimate dinner for two but I took my team there at their recommendation and we all enjoyed it. Can recommend the blackberry mojitos too!

Reviewed 4 July 2013

From out side this restaurant seems to be simple. But, it services were great and food were awesome. One of my local colleagues took me to this place and ordered food for her preference.

Though i ordered my regular food - Pizza and pasta (though variety i dont remember), but taste was good, Worth visiting and trying there if you are looking for good Italian food,

There were lots of crowd (though it was neither friday night nor wkend) which provides testimony for its popularity.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

Didn't know what to expect when my girlfriend suggested we grab lunch at this restaurant, Panevino, which I had never been to or heard of. It is in Livingston, New Jersey and I live and work a hour away so I wasn't familiar with it. My girlfriend had been to this restaurant once but it was a couple of years ago and she never mentioned the place to me so I am thinking it couldn't be that good. Was I so wrong. We went on a Saturday during the lunch hour. The restaurant was fairly busy but we got seated right away. Even before I ate anything I was impressed by the atmosphere of the place. The tables were spread out so it was very spacious. It was well lighted and clean. Normally I don't pay attention to the way a restaurant was decorated but I liked what they did with this place. It just made me feel more comfortable and relaxed. We started off with the ice tea. It is rare someone raves about ice tea but it is justifiable when it comes to Panevino's ice tea which is infused with orange juice. Without a doubt one of the best ice teas I have ever had at a restaurant and definitely one of the most refreshing. I could seriously see myself just sitting there all day drinking ice tea if I didn't have a job. We ordered appetizers. They offer the ability to choose multiple appetizers at a reduced rate so it gives you the opportunity to try more than one. We got the fried calamari and Arancini which is risotto cakes filled with meat, cheese and peas. The fried calamari was not like others I had. Can't explain it but it was just seasoned right, not overly fried. The arancini was very interesting. Never had anything like it. I got the eggplant parmigiana and my girlfriend got the chicken parmigiana. If I could have prepared my dish myself it would have been exactly what they made. The thinner the eggplant is sliced the better and this was by far the thinnest slices I have ever had. Instead of frying the eggplant they baked it. It makes so much of a difference. If this wasn't enough the sauce was excellent. Tried my girlfriend's dish and it was done perfectly. Love the breading they use on the chicken. It was overcooked which tends to happen at other restaurants. We finished off the meal with panna cotta. I think I might have had this dessert once before in my life but their pannacotta was unbelievably good. A must for someone who loves chocolate. Panevino is not only worth the money but also work taking a ride to Livingston.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

I attended a business network event on Tuesday and the restaurant staff was completely overwhelmed by the turnout - 50 people showed up and they were probably expecting 25. It took 45 minutes to get our food and that was after waiting 15 minutes for someone to take our order.

After we finished - it still took 10 minutes just to pay.

The chop-chop salad was good but at $17 not the greatest value.

In all fairness the staff did the best they could so I would be willing to give them another shot on a less crowded day to see if the service was better.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

This little Italian restaurant has been in Livingston for many years and the decor shows it. I went there on a return trip to my old home town with some Friends. I wanted to impress and re-live s bit of my favorite times - I should have gone elsewhere. Prices are very high and decor is very shabby (It was just as I remembered it but this is many years later!). My friend sent his soup back twice although his luncheon fish for $28 was good as was my escarole salad for $16. The bill for 3 was $100, I could have gone to Il Viccalo just up the road for half the price and twice the quality and service. Speaking of service, I left a windbreaker at the Restaurant and when I returned to Florida and asked them to send it to me they stated "Our policy is to hold it until you return" since Florida is a long way form New Jersey I guess I need to buy another windbreaker.