“Poor experience at Marra's in Livingston”

Anthony Marra's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Anthony Marra's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 81 Restaurants in Livingston
Cuisines: Italian
New Jersey
“Poor experience at Marra's in Livingston”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I've always enjoyed the food at Marra's. First there was the restaurant in Roseland and again the one in Springfield. So when I had the first chance to dine at the new restaurant in my home town I was looking forward to at the least a good experience. I was very disappointed..As I stepped into the place the I immediately sensed the high noise level. Mind you the place was only 1/2 full during a quiet midweek night.and I can't imagine what it would be like if full. Now for the food. The menu is quite limited but I was happy to see that one of my favorite dishes their Chicken Giambotta.was there. Unfortunately on the name was the same. the dish came out mostly chicken wings and a few small pieces of other parts,I asked for it to include some sausage. Well both the chicken and sausage were over cooked and fairly dry. As for the thin sliced potatoes,well they were not thin and not crispy as I requested. My wife ordered chicken savoy. Her dish was also prepared overcooked and not very tasty. On the plus side the decor is pleasant and the service acceptable. There are too many better choices for neighborhood Italian restaurants in the area to offer a much better dining experience.

• Visited May 2014
4 Thank lowdown10

West Orange
“A wonderful new venue . . .”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

. . . recently opened in the heart of Livingston. A BYOB, and this restaurant is a gem. The food was tastefully prepared and beautifully presented. Service was excellent. Tasteful decor and a great menu and reasonable prices. A must!!

• Visited April 2014