Sea Horse Motel
Daddy O Hotel(Long Beach Township)(Great Value!)
US$390
Hotels.com
Mariner Inn(Beach Haven)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$91
Drifting Sands Oceanfront Hotel(Ship Bottom)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$149
US$192
HolidayInn.com
Spray Beach Hotel(Beach Haven)
US$129
US$120
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe ownerplace is cleanshort walk to the beachbring ur ownacross the streethorsesfloormotelpoolblocklbifridgetoiletriesnjoceansummer
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Our original motel room was very small. It did have an efficiency kitchen and it was stocked. It was clean.

We changed our room to a larger one, which was considered a room for a handicapped person. Both bedroom and bathroom could easily accommodate a wheel chair. The bed was comfortable.
We had assumed that we would have the same efficiency kitchen. After we had settled in, we realized that there was a refrig, a coffee maker which I needed to move to a working outlet, and a microwave. Disappointing.
The floor was sandy when we arrived and continued to be throughout our stay(4 days). I don't think it was cleaned at all. There was no closet and only 1 dresser. There was a small table and chairs which we could not use because it held our clothes, beach equipment etc.

When we returned from dinner, the rack which was a substitute for a closet, had fallen off the wall and our clothes were in a heap on the floor. We saw that there were other holes in the wall from which this "closet" had fallen in the past. The rack was hung so high. I don't see how a person in a wheel chair could reach it in order to hang up their clothes.

The maintenance man came and re-hung the rack. Now the rack was quite close to the floor. Fortunately, I didn't need to hang a dress. The air conditioner was old and very loud. There was insufficient light for reading. In fact, I think the only lights were ceiling lights.

In summary, we were very dissatisfied. The management had a take it or leave it approach which did not bode well for us. This is the only hotel we have ever stayed in, in which I feel the lack of respect for the guests' comfort. It is probably great for young couples with children. Oh yeah- hard to sleep with children jumping on the floor at midnight, above your bed.

You get what you pay for. Don't set yourself up to be disappointed. There are many other places to stay. They may be slightly more expensive but you will have a more pleasant stay

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Edward B
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The condition of the rooms seems alright on the surface - dirty if you look closely - the service by housekeeping is obnoxious and noise is constant - pool okay but uncomfortable right on the main street -

Room Tip: go elsewhere - way too expensive for a run of the mill motel
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Liz O
seahorsemotel, Owner at Sea Horse Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

I'm sorry you felt this way about the motel. I only wish you would have said something while you were here and not after you left. We would have done anything possible to make your stay more pleasant.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We booked the Sea Horse Motel for 1 night because we had to pick up my step daughter who was also staying down in LBI with her boyfriend & his family. We arrived early (prior to the 3:00 pm check-in) and the owner named, Elaina was a very friendly woman. We were able to get into our room early because it had been already cleaned. The location was good & the room was very clean. There are 2 adirondack chairs for a relaxing sit in front of each room. The price was ok because it was a mid-week visit but the only downside is that once the room is paid for, it is non-refundable. Elaina makes it very clear though when booking the room. The beach badges were also included with the price of the room. The motel also has a very nice, clean pool to enjoy either before the beach or after. The beach is also only a short walk away (less than 3-5 minutes), practically right across the street. The motel only has 3 floors as this is a family owned motel. There are no elevators so you may want to stay on the 1st or 2nd floor. I would highly recommend this motel. Hope this review helps you out. May God Bless you & have a good day. :)

Room Tip: We were able to get a room on the corner of the floor which was very nice becasue it kept the walking traffic to a minimum.
3  Thank tigernyave

Thank you. We appreciate the time you took to write this great review. Glad you had a good time.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Owner would not do a simple transaction of changing a credit card used at check in. When asked why.... she said: "i do not change cards, it is too much accounting involved" very rude. When asked if she knew how to do the transaction, she told me that she went to college and she was the owner. She never answered the question.

One of the two mattresses in the room has long pasted its useful life, extremely uncomfortable !

Inexpensive and worn towels, cheap soap and the only mirror is located in the bathroom.

No hair dryer, no surprise!

My advice is to stay somewhere other than the Sea Horse!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
seahorsemotel, Owner at Sea Horse Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

I told the guest I could not give a refund to one card and charge his card because he did not have the other card with him. I told him I did not have the numbers to the first charged card and that if he got me the numbers I would switch. He never brought me the numbers. We have blow dryers at the front desk, he never asked for one. There is actually a mirror in the bathroom and another body length mirror hanging on the door. Towels are clean and replaced with new ones every month. He obviously had a bad time and is blaming me because the woman he was with came down to the office crying and said she had to leave.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

This motel was great. Wasn't sure what to expect when booking blind. I read some reviews and took a chance. Glad I did. We asked for adjoining rooms and got two on the 3rd floor. Our rooms overlooked the pool and faced the ocean. Could get a peek of the water from the balcony. Everything was clean and new. The management was very friendly and helpful, pool was clean and well maintained. Wasn't sure from the map, but motel was a short walk to the beach (after you cross LBI boulevard...which is busy.) All in all....an awesome stay. Would DEFINITELY stay there again. The deli next door was a real find too :-)

4  Thank reg379

Thank you so much. We're glad you enjoyed your stat and hope to see you again.