“The view makes it worth it”
Review of Rooney's

Rooney's
Reserve with OpenTable
Rooney's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 133 Restaurants in Long Branch
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The ambience is fine--a beautiful view, right on the beach, with either indoor or outdoor covered seating. One part of the restaurant is a bar, open, with about 7 large televisions going. But the noise doesn't carry over into the other part. Everything was clean and pleasant, except for the ladies room, which could use some attention. We were there on a Wednesday night.
The service is rushed; I have to agree with others who made those comments. You just about get the last spoon of your course in when the next one appears and the plates are exchanged. We didn't mind because we were in a hurry, but it wouldn't be very romantic! Other than that the service was fine. The menu has tremendous variety and I agree is a bit pricey. But if you're having lobster or raw shellfish, that isn't unusual. We had the salmon, the tilapia, the crab cakes and several different salads. The chopped salad was excellent. The New England Chowder was not so good, Salmon and Tilapia were delicious, along with some smashed potatoes, deep fried artichokes and some VERY firm brussels sprouts that could benefit by another minute or so of cooking. We could hardly cut them, Maybe less rushing would help. Anyway, go, it's a nice restaurant and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

My husband and I really enjoy going to this restaurant. We recently brought some relatives to Rooney's for dinner since they had never been there and had never been along the ocean walkway either. We all enjoyed our respective dinners (two of us had tilapia, made two different ways, one of us had the MahiMahi and one had the seafood gumbo) and the ocean view is not hard to take either. Afterwards we went for a walk along the ocean and listened to the band playing on the walkway. The area is so inviting, people walking, dining and just enjoying themselves along the ocean. My husband and I went back to Rooney's for lunch about a week ago. I had their chopped salad with the vidalia dressing; it was a delicious and lite lunch. My husband had the crab cakes and he enjoyed that as well.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed lobster and an outstanding ocean view. Service was very good.

Lobster was a bit pricey at $39 for 1.5 lbs. but I did enjoy it.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Had dinner w/ my wife and daughter on a fri. Night... Service was excellent, food very good, raw bar oysters, clams, very good (clean, fresh)... Would recommend to anyone... No, it's not cheap, but like anything else, you get what you pay for... That analogy def. holds true at rooneys...

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Just ate there again on the insistence of my in-laws. As always, service was terrible and food totally mediocre and way overpriced. Total ripoff.

2  Thank JerseyGuy2014